Page 126 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2177
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Well, Len will be pleased as Tranmere got another win. 2-0 this time at Colchester City, apparently that makes it six wins on the spin and if they win their game in hand they'll only be two points of the automatic promotion spot so they're doing well for their first year back in the Football League. Also, apparently their leading scorer, James Norwood, has scored more league goals than anyone else this season too.

Though how Rep of Ireland only beat Gibraltar (all due respect to Gibraltar) 1-0 is beyond me. Still, at least they won I guess.

I do know that Los Angeles Football Club beat Real Salt Lake 2-1 today in the MLS. Unfortunately the Liverpool Ladies lost again, this time 2-0 to Arsenal, they are having a difficult season this year.

I think that's pretty much it news wise from me about football this weekend LOL.

Stafford Rangers got a draw yesterday at home to Warrington. Stafford have only lost 1 game in 11 now and are moving away from the relegation zone. The joint managers have accepted a contract to stay in charge for next season too. Moving in the right direction.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Joint managers...I don't have happy memories of when Liverpool tried it in 1998, when they clearly wanted to sack Roy Evans but didn't have the balls to do it so they brought in Gerard Houllier to initially be the joint-manager. Didn't work for Liverpool but having said that it could work, and seems to be doing so at the moment, for Stafford so good luck to them.

Also, even though I don't follow Warrington I'm glad they didn't beat Warrington since as far as I'm aware they're the only Merseyside team in the division (or cup).

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Joint managers...I don't have happy memories of when Liverpool tried it in 1998, when they clearly wanted to sack Roy Evans but didn't have the balls to do it so they brought in Gerard Houllier to initially be the joint-manager. Didn't work for Liverpool but having said that it could work, and seems to be doing so at the moment, for Stafford so good luck to them.

Also, even though I don't follow Warrington I'm glad they didn't beat Warrington since as far as I'm aware they're the only Merseyside team in the division (or cup).
    Marine are in the same league as Stafford Rangers. Can't remember how they've done against Marine this season though.

Well, if I had to support teams from that division than I'd be chanting ''Marine, Marine, Marine!'' or at least ''Warrington, Warrington, Warrington!!'' LOL. Still, at least Stafford have improved recently for you.

What changes did the joint-managers make from the previous manager?

Well, if I had to support teams from that division than I'd be chanting ''Marine, Marine, Marine!'' or at least ''Warrington, Warrington, Warrington!!'' LOL. Still, at least Stafford have improved recently for you.

What changes did the joint-managers make from the previous manager?
    I think the previous manager was "displeasing the players" to put it nicely lol. Quite a few left and it looked as though it was because he fell out with them. Since the new managers have taken over, they've brought in a couple of experienced players and changed formation a bit. Seems to have done the trick.

It's been confirmed that North Ferriby Utd have been liquidated. They were bottom of the table in Stafford's league. From what I heard elsewhere, they only needed £7500 to stay afloat. Awful that needing a relatively small amount of money has caused them to disappear. Especially when you think of what top players earn. Probably equates to a couple of hours of work for a lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I think the previous manager was "displeasing the players" to put it nicely lol. Quite a few left and it looked as though it was because he fell out with them. Since the new managers have taken over, they've brought in a couple of experienced players and changed formation a bit. Seems to have done the trick.

It's been confirmed that North Ferriby Utd have been liquidated. They were bottom of the table in Stafford's league. From what I heard elsewhere, they only needed £7500 to stay afloat. Awful that needing a relatively small amount of money has caused them to disappear. Especially when you think of what top players earn. Probably equates to a couple of hours of work for a lot of them.
    Gutted for their fanbase. Hope they do an Accrington and make a comeback. I remember hearing about I think it was Scarborough United closing.

Gutted for their fanbase. Hope they do an Accrington and make a comeback. I remember hearing about I think it was Scarborough United closing.
    Yeah I remember Scarborough shutting down too. The "new" Scarborough are in the same league as Stafford now. Pushing for promotion as well.

Yeah I remember Scarborough shutting down too. The "new" Scarborough are in the same league as Stafford now. Pushing for promotion as well.
    At least their fanbase has something to cheer I suppose LOL.

Hopefully there'll be a new North Ferriby for their fans to support.

Also, I guess you might be pleased that Wales won last night against Slovakia 1-0.

At least their fanbase has something to cheer I suppose LOL.

Hopefully there'll be a new North Ferriby for their fans to support.

Also, I guess you might be pleased that Wales won last night against Slovakia 1-0.
    Yeah I saw we won but I didn't watch it. Chuffed for Dan James getting the winner. I can see us losing him to a Premiership club this summer. He just keeps getting better and better.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Boy, the Scots had their work cut out for them against San Marino. They barely won, 2-0.

San Marino, in case anyone doesn't know, is the worst team in the world, as the club consists mostly of amateurs who work day jobs and have only won once in the national team's history.

Yeah I saw we won but I didn't watch it. Chuffed for Dan James getting the winner. I can see us losing him to a Premiership club this summer. He just keeps getting better and better.
    Didn't know the name of the goalscorer (same for your 1-0 win over Trinidad and Tobagao) but I knew the score. Well done to Dan James, I'm sure he'll be pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Boy, the Scots had their work cut out for them against San Marino. They barely won, 2-0.

San Marino, in case anyone doesn't know, is the worst team in the world, as the club consists mostly of amateurs who work day jobs and have only won once in the national team's history.
    Yeah, I know all about San Marino, England had to play them in World Cup Qualifiers 20 years ago, they haven't even got a professional league either from what I can tell. I knew Scotland were winning 2-0 but I didn't know it'd stayed that way.

Extraordinary Member

Good win for England. Shame to see racism, but good on Sterling. He is having a great season.

Northern Ireland won 2-1 as well apparently, so it's a full-house as far as the ''Home Nations'' are concerned.

Extraordinary Member

Northern Ireland won 2-1 as well apparently, so it's a full-house as far as the ''Home Nations'' are concerned.
    I like watching N.I. They have average players but make the best of their football.