Page 133 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2177
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Well, I can be a neutral during the F.A. Cup Final at least LOL.

So the Play-off finals are as follows

Championship - Aston Villa v Derby
    League One - Sunderland v Charlton or Doncaster - It looks like it'll be Charlton who were winning 1-0 last I checked which put them 3-1 up on aggregate but it was VERY early into the game still.
    League Two - Tranmere v Newport County

I'll have to root for Tranmere due to my mate but I'm neutral on the others personally.

As for Portsmouth v Sunderland, I know there was an issue when one of Sunderland's players fell into the crowd and someone did something that apparently got one of his team-mates wound up over it. Hopefully the fan will get a ban over it. Can't have supporters doing that.

Also, who's stupid idea was it for Chelsea to play a pre-season match in USA last night? Because it looks like Loftus-Cheek is going to miss the Europa League final because of that. And I'm not even a Chelsea fan LOL.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Well, I can be a neutral during the F.A. Cup Final at least LOL.

So the Play-off finals are as follows

Championship - Aston Villa v Derby
    League One - Sunderland v Charlton or Doncaster - It looks like it'll be Charlton who were winning 1-0 last I checked which put them 3-1 up on aggregate but it was VERY early into the game still.
    League Two - Tranmere v Newport County

I'll have to root for Tranmere due to my mate but I'm neutral on the others personally.

As for Portsmouth v Sunderland, I know there was an issue when one of Sunderland's players fell into the crowd and someone did something that apparently got one of his team-mates wound up over it. Hopefully the fan will get a ban over it. Can't have supporters doing that.

Also, who's stupid idea was it for Chelsea to play a pre-season match in USA last night? Because it looks like Loftus-Cheek is going to miss the Europa League final because of that. And I'm not even a Chelsea fan LOL.
    Sarri was furious about that!

I'm so glad Leeds didn't make the playoff final. I'd like Villa to go up over Derby, but I'm not overly bothered.

I'll be cheering on Newport over Tranmere though. It'd be great to have a Welsh team in League One.

Chelsea should've recalled some of the half a million players they've got out on loan and taken some of them to the US.

As much as I'd rather Man City didn't win the FA Cup tomorrow, if they do, Wolves will make it into the Europa League. So it'll be bittersweet if they win it.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Well, I'm a neutral regarding Villa and Derby but I will be cheering on Tranmere, even if I didn't have a friend who was a fan they're a Merseyside team so that's why I'll be rooting for them. Charlton did manage to sneak past Doncaster on penalties last night so they WILL be playing Sunderland at Wembley for a chance to get back into the Championship, again I'm a neutral as far as that match is concerned though.

Agreed about Chelsea, Fluffy, assuming they had to have that stupidly timed match.

I expect City to win it, it'll be the biggest final shock since Wigan beat them if they didn't. So I expect to see Wolves take their deserved spot in the Europa League qualifiers, Fluffy.

Extraordinary Member

So far so good for City.

Disappointed with that cup final. It was always a big ask for Watford to make a better game of it but I suppose it shows how good this Man City team is. Still, there were only there because they got extremely lucky against Swansea. Still annoyed at how badly we were robbed in that game.

Looks like Graham Potter is off to Brighton then. Gutted but I don't entirely blame him for going. It'd be difficult enough to turn down a job in the Premiership but after our owners not backing him in 2 transfer windows, it makes it even easier for him to go.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Disappointed with that cup final. It was always a big ask for Watford to make a better game of it but I suppose it shows how good this Man City team is. Still, there were only there because they got extremely lucky against Swansea. Still annoyed at how badly we were robbed in that game.

Looks like Graham Potter is off to Brighton then. Gutted but I don't entirely blame him for going. It'd be difficult enough to turn down a job in the Premiership but after our owners not backing him in 2 transfer windows, it makes it even easier for him to go.
    I'm really worried about the state of English football. City are too good. I felt sorry for Watford, especially Gomes in his final game.

I hope EPL doesn't go the way of Bundesliga or Serie A.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

FFP could put a stop to it, or at least slow it down if UEFA had the backbone to enforce it.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Sarri was furious about that!
    Not surprised, especially since it was bad timing given the Europa League Final. What a stupid time to have a pre-season friendly, you'd think they'd at least be able to play the reserves in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    I hope EPL doesn't go the way of Bundesliga or Serie A.
    Well, Liverpool closed the gap on City considerably this year so there's hope it won't, also this is the first time the title has been retained since Alex Ferguson did it. Just to put it into perspective compared to the Bundesliga and Serie A.

Forgot to mention yesterday about City's 6-0 win, close final wasn't it? In all seriousness though I guess I should congratulate City on being the first English team to win the Domestic Treble.

Since the last time I posted here last week, Charlton are promoted back to the Championship after beating Sunderland 2-1 in the league one play-off final at Wembley and Tranmere are back in League One after beating Newport County 1-0 in Extra-Time in the League Two Play-off Final at Wembley.

And congrats are in order to Aston Villa after beating Derby 2-1 yesterday I see.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    And congrats are in order to Aston Villa after beating Derby 2-1 yesterday I see.
    Was hoping for Derby to go up so we could pinch Grealish.

Well I'm disappointed that Newport didn't get promoted. I was fairly neutral in the Charlton v Sunderland game but I am pleased Charlton went up as it's another match in London that I could potentially go to when they play Swansea. I'm pleased Villa went up. I was getting a bit fed up with the media going over the top with how great Frank Lampard is throughout the season.

Potter has left Swansea for Brighton, so we're currently managerless. Hoping our new chairman pulls another good manager out of the bag.

UEFA Cup final tonight. I'd much prefer Arsenal to win, so fingers crossed.