Page 5 of 146 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Wait and see I guess but I haven't heard any real rumours about Liverpool going after any goalie let alone Joe Hart. As for Swansea's transfer business, well I guess we'll have to wait and see how it goes. LOL I do tend to say ''wait and see'' a lot but with the transfer window it actually suits the conversation for the most part at this stage.

Hopefully when July 1st comes round, there'll be more transfer activity.

I might try and see some friendlies this summer. Every year I say I will but never do!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Ajax captain Davy Klaassen has arrived on Merseyside to complete the formalities of a £26m move to Everton.

Good for Swansea. It might mean Everton stay away from Gylfi now.

Everton earlier signed Jordan Pickford, 23, from Sunderland for £25m - a British record fee for a goalkeeper.

Everton are splashing the Lukaku money before it's come in lol.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Eleven are stinking garbage!

Last week, I attended a 4-1 drubbing.

We got spanked in Open Cup against a bunch of indoor amateurs!

Looks like Ronaldo wants to the leave Spain. Paul Clement coached him at Madrid, so there's every chance he'll come to Swansea

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Hopefully when July 1st comes round, there'll be more transfer activity.

I might try and see some friendlies this summer. Every year I say I will but never do!
    Hopefully. That's what I'm waiting for as well to be honest. I do know Liverpool will be playing Tranmere in a pre-season game so I'll be having a bit of banter with Len who's a Tranmere fan.

Ajax captain Davy Klaassen has arrived on Merseyside to complete the formalities of a £26m move to Everton.

Good for Swansea. It might mean Everton stay away from Gylfi now.

Everton earlier signed Jordan Pickford, 23, from Sunderland for £25m - a British record fee for a goalkeeper.

Everton are splashing the Lukaku money before it's come in lol.
    If Everton get Klaassen that could be a good signing. As for Pickford, wait and see if he's worth the money but he does have a lot of potential. As for Lukaku, yeah I'd thought that Klaassen was his replacement as well. As for Sigurdsson, wait and see I guess but frankly I'd be surprised if he was still wearing a Swans shirt in August.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Eleven are stinking garbage!

Last week, I attended a 4-1 drubbing.

We got spanked in Open Cup against a bunch of indoor amateurs!
    Sorry to hear your team did crap last week.

Looks like Ronaldo wants to the leave Spain. Paul Clement coached him at Madrid, so there's every chance he'll come to Swansea
    LOL. Stranger things have happened.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    LOL. Stranger things have happened.
    Here's something stranger. I saw a rumor on Bleacher Report saying Ronaldo might want to try his hand at MLS before hanging up his boots.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Here's something stranger. I saw a rumor on Bleacher Report saying Ronaldo might want to try his hand at MLS before hanging up his boots.
    Not really that strange, a lot of players go over to MLS for their early retirement years.

I reckon Ronaldo has more to do in Europe first, but I can see him heading to the MLS afterwards. I can see him heading back to Man Utd or Bayern Munich next for a few years, then move to the MLS.

Not really that strange, a lot of players go over to MLS for their early retirement years.
    Well, I don't profess to be a soccer expert, but to me, that would be like, say, Lebron James choosing to spend the last years of his career on a junior college team instead of in the NBA. Even a novice like me knows that compared to the EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1 and Bundesliga, America's MLS is minor league. Yes, I'm aware that Beckham, Keene, Henry, Drogba, hell, even Pele played in the States, but I don't see Ronaldo making that move.

Well, the thing is the players you mentioned were all near the end of their career and were looking for a quick and easy cash day so I wouldn't rule out Ronaldo moving there at some point entirely. Anyways, wait and see I guess WestPhillyPunisher

You forgot about Steven Gerrard by the way, he finished his career in the MLS.

Well, the thing is the players you mentioned were all near the end of their career and were looking for a quick and easy cash day so I wouldn't rule out Ronaldo moving there at some point entirely. Anyways, wait and see I guess WestPhillyPunisher

You forgot about Steven Gerrard by the way, he finished his career in the MLS.
    Well, the only thing I know with any certainty is that neither Ronaldo, or any other fading European superstar will bother with my squad, the Philadelphia Union. More than likely, they'd make a beeline straight to L.A. or New York, heck, that's what I would do.

Well, the only thing I know with any certainty is that neither Ronaldo, or any other fading European superstar will bother with my squad, the Philadelphia Union. More than likely, they'd make a beeline straight to L.A. or New York, heck, that's what I would do.
    Their loss WestPhillyPunisher

MLS has largely moved away from the "retirement league" model, though there are still exceptions--we have to tolerate Ashley Cole, for example. But megastars like Ronaldo or Zlatan, both of whom have expressed interest in the past, will likely always be welcome, if only for the potential revenue they can generate.

But yeah, if Ronaldo does leave RM, it seems likely he'd go back to United for at least a couple of years first.

With respect though, the MLS is still seen largely as a retirement home for the ''top-class'' players so to speak. Still, having said that the MLS is a lot more entertaining to watch than the SPL as at least there's genuine competition for the league trophy in America than there is in Scotland.