Page 21 of 146 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Exactly.

Besides, it's not liking their playing my team

So my personal winning streak at Spurs matches in person is over, sadly. At least it was an entertaining match, highlighted by some, shall we say, idiosyncratic refereeing. For example, a handball in the box was called against Cameron Carter-Vickers early, but only after a 10-15 second delay and consultation with, oddly, the fourth official. In the second half the referee missed a pretty clear foul in the box on Harry Kane, and later got into a weird standoff with Pocchetino (I hate linking the Daily Mail but it's a thorough account of the incident). Happily none of it really mattered.

Shame about your record but like you say at least it doesn't really count. I wish Barcelona would leave us alone though because I don't want to see us lose Coutinho

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Shame about your record but like you say at least it doesn't really count. I wish Barcelona would leave us alone though because I don't want to see us lose Coutinho
    its like third hand though, saying we've talked to "his people" and they agree

here's the issue, LFC has to agree to sell him regardless of who agrees to what

It's quite well known that Barcelona are trying to get him, at least in part to placate Neymar who wants them to sign more Brazilians. And if Coutinho's head has been turned then it's very difficult to see him remaining. Wait and see I guess but I wish Barcelona would stop trying to get him LOL.

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    It's quite well known that Barcelona are trying to get him, at least in part to placate Neymar who wants them to sign more Brazilians. And if Coutinho's head has been turned then it's very difficult to see him remaining. Wait and see I guess but I wish Barcelona would stop trying to get him LOL.
    I keep reading that PSG has met Neymar's price for salary and is going to trigger the buyout clause. So that could be a non issue.

Besides, Barca need to still adequately replace Xavi and Inesta.

Hopefully, it'd make it easier to keep hold of Coutinho, although having said that PSG were linked with Coutinho in the past. Anyhow, fingers crossed he stays at Anfield and as for Barca I don't care who they need LOL.

I had a feeling Coutinho might leave Liverpool this summer. If Liverpool are going to spend £70m+ to sign Keita, AND get Virgil Van Dijk (like it's being rumoured), they might not be able to turn down the Coutinho money. Interesting times ahead! Either way, I'd like Liverpool to do well next season. I'll always root for them and Spurs over the other top clubs.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kgaard View Post
    So my personal winning streak at Spurs matches in person is over, sadly. At least it was an entertaining match, highlighted by some, shall we say, idiosyncratic refereeing. For example, a handball in the box was called against Cameron Carter-Vickers early, but only after a 10-15 second delay and consultation with, oddly, the fourth official. In the second half the referee missed a pretty clear foul in the box on Harry Kane, and later got into a weird standoff with Pocchetino (I hate linking the Daily Mail but it's a thorough account of the incident). Happily none of it really mattered.
    I heard the ref sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I heard the ref sucked.
    I have a lot of sympathy for refs. I was a referee in my teens--it was an utterly thankless job then, and I was only doing rec games (both kids and adults). I can only imagine the imagine the kind of abuse professional league referees must be getting.

That said, the referee did not have a good day. He seemed undecisive, and the players sometimes seemed confused by his calls. The missed penalty on Kane was probably the most obvious, but in general he just seemed overwhelmed. I don't think either side suffered a serious injury, is about the best you can say.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I had a feeling Coutinho might leave Liverpool this summer. If Liverpool are going to spend £70m+ to sign Keita, AND get Virgil Van Dijk (like it's being rumoured), they might not be able to turn down the Coutinho money. Interesting times ahead! Either way, I'd like Liverpool to do well next season. I'll always root for them and Spurs over the other top clubs.
    Well, at this stage it seems to be mostly rumour (Hopefully) so I'm still cautiously optimistic he'll be staying, if not then Keita better be worth the money we're going to have to spend on him in order to get him LOL.

Speaking of Liverpool, I'll be watching us on the tele next week as we're on ITV4 as part of that Audi Cup thing so I'm looking forward to watching that.

I can't see this huge Neymar transfer going through, so hopefully for Liverpool it'll mean no one will come in for Coutinho. Just depends on Liverpool having the cash to buy Keita and possibly Van Dijk.

Who else are in the Audi Cup thing? Seeing as it's ITV4, I might check that out too.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member

I can't see this huge Neymar transfer going through, so hopefully for Liverpool it'll mean no one will come in for Coutinho. Just depends on Liverpool having the cash to buy Keita and possibly Van Dijk.

Who else are in the Audi Cup thing? Seeing as it's ITV4, I might check that out too.
    Not sure. All I know is Everton are also on ITV4 in the Europa League. Playing well, but nowhere near as clinical as they should be.

Extraordinary Member

And Baines has just hit a beauty in.

1-0.

I'll be watching it, especially since Liverpool will be in it with us playing Bayern Munich. Great way to start August if we win LOL.

As for the Everton game, well thanks to Leighton Baines I won my bet! I put a pound on for them to win and now I'll get one pound and ten pence back LOL. As for the game itself, whilst they had most of the possession I didn't think they played that well until Sandro and Davies came on and Rooney dropped deeper personally. Don't think Rooney had the best debut but his passing was good. Still, a win's a win for Everton.

Aberdeen won 2-1 as well for any Scots on the board so well done to them too.