Page 143 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146 LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2177
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Not much from me today about football but I know Hearts won on penalties against Dundee United in the Scottish League Cup last night so decent start to the new season for any Hearts fans on here.

Well, Swansea won 3-2 away at Crawley today. Can't beat winning, even if it is only a friendly.

There was a full on local derby today when Stafford Town played Stafford Rangers. Rangers won 9-0, sooo...close game lol.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My enjoyment of the beautiful game has increased exponentially with the addition of BeIn Sports to my tier on PlayStation Vue where I stream all my TV viewing. Now I have La Liga (Spain), Serie A (Italy) and Ligue 1 (France) in addition to the EPL on the NBC Sports Network. WHOO!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My enjoyment of the beautiful game has increased exponentially with the addition of BeIn Sports to my tier on PlayStation Vue where I stream all my TV viewing. Now I have La Liga (Spain), Serie A (Italy) and Ligue 1 (France) in addition to the EPL on the NBC Sports Network. WHOO!
    Do you follow your domestic league, the MLS? We can get it over here on Sky Sports and it has a very good presence on Youtube. It's a better quality league than a lot of people want to admit.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Do you follow your domestic league, the MLS? We can get it over here on Sky Sports and it has a very good presence on Youtube. It's a better quality league than a lot of people want to admit.
    Yep, I follow MLS to which is on ESPN and ESPN2.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Well, Swansea won 3-2 away at Crawley today. Can't beat winning, even if it is only a friendly.

There was a full on local derby today when Stafford Town played Stafford Rangers. Rangers won 9-0, sooo...close game lol.
    At least Swansea won what sounded like an entertaining game given that it was 3-2. As for Stafford losing 9-0 to Rangers...At least there were plenty of goals to see LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Glad you're enjoying it.

And on BT. (Since I don't have Sky Sports at home LOL) Speaking of MLS though, I'm rooting for Red Bulls tonight because if they win then I'll have won £20 from the bookies LOL. My wife is neutral with that game since she's from New York so she wants both of them to do well LOL.

Another pre-season victory for Liverpool today. This time 3-1 at Bradford. Another goal for Brewster after Milner scored twice (second one being a penalty). Bradford got a late penalty back for those interested. Still, 2 for 2 now for Liverpool and it's nice to see Brewster making the most of his opportunity by getting 3 in 2 now.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    And on BT. (Since I don't have Sky Sports at home LOL) Speaking of MLS though, I'm rooting for Red Bulls tonight because if they win then I'll have won £20 from the bookies LOL. My wife is neutral with that game since she's from New York so she wants both of them to do well LOL.
    I didn't realise that it was the New York derby tonight. I may give it a whirl but it kicks off at 11.30 so I probably won't want to be bothered at that late hour.

The make-up of the two New York clubs is one of the worst elements of MLS in my opinion. One team a franchise club of Manchester city, the other a franchise of a crappy sports drink. Yuck. Saying that, I'll root for Red Bulls tonight if I do end up watching it so that you can win your twenty quid.

I didn't realise that it was the New York derby tonight. I may give it a whirl but it kicks off at 11.30 so I probably won't want to be bothered at that late hour.

The make-up of the two New York clubs is one of the worst elements of MLS in my opinion. One team a franchise club of Manchester city, the other a franchise of a crappy sports drink. Yuck. Saying that, I'll root for Red Bulls tonight if I do end up watching it so that you can win your twenty quid.
    Oh we won't be watching it live, it's on too late and we both have work in the morning. We will be checking to see if it's on the tv and if it is we'll record it. And I won't tell my wife what you said about the two New York clubs LOL (she's VERY defensive of New York LOL). As for the twenty quid, well fingers crossed.

Oh we won't be watching it live, it's on too late and we both have work in the morning. We will be checking to see if it's on the tv and if it is we'll record it. And I won't tell my wife what you said about the two New York clubs LOL (she's VERY defensive of New York LOL). As for the twenty quid, well fingers crossed.
    It's not really an anti-New York thing. It's the owners of the two main MLS clubs that I find issue with. I quite admire the New York Cosmos. They are the NYC-based club that SHOULD have a license with the league.

Youtube keeps recommending videos to me featuring a US Women's Team recent World Cup winner, Alex Morgan. What a beauty. She looks like a supermodel. Wow.

It's not really an anti-New York thing. It's the owners of the two main MLS clubs that I find issue with. I quite admire the New York Cosmos. They are the NYC-based club that SHOULD have a license with the league.

Youtube keeps recommending videos to me featuring a US Women's Team recent World Cup winner, Alex Morgan. What a beauty. She looks like a supermodel. Wow.
    Oh I know it wasn't an Anti-New York thing but my wife just gets super defensive over New York LOL. It's always in good jest though, I just like to tease people about it.

I can't argue with you saying that about Alex Morgan LOL. She is a pretty young woman for sure. As well as being a decent footballer.

Speaking of MLS though, I'm rooting for Red Bulls tonight because if they win then I'll have won £20 from the bookies LOL. .
    Well, you managed to win your 20 sheets John. Congrats. Spend it wisely. I contemplated watching it live but ultimately couldn't be bothered. It didn't finish until going on for 1.30 in the morning. Sod that.

It's great having the 'summer leagues' back. I can watch highlights of all the games from both the US and Brazil today. Keeps me going during the off season.

I did, I did win my bet. My wife has already put it into our savings account that we have set up for Peter for when he gets older to give him a helping hand when he gets older. We ended up forgetting to check if the match was on BT LOL. But yeah, at least I won my token bet for the season LOL.

There'll be more Champions League and Europa League qualifiers in the next couple of days as well. I think the Swedes have their league going on right now as well. All of which along with the US and Brazilian leagues, and I think the Finnish and Irish leagues are going as well, will be enough to keep me going as well LOL.

Quick little update transfer dealing wise. Fabian Delph has joined Everton from Manchester City and Liverpool have sold Rafael Camacho to Sporting Lisbon for 5m.

I tend not to bother with the football pre-season. I understand it's importance both financially and in terms of getting the players back up to peak match fitness. However, I rarely watch pre-season matches.

I do know that United are in Australia at present though. Their next match? Only Leeds United. They travel halfway around the world to play Leeds frigging United.

If that game was being played in England the police presence would have to be enormous. Of course, I hope nothing untoward happens but a friendly against Leeds United? Blimey.

The globalisation and taming of football continues. I went to some VERY dodgy United-Leeds matches back in the day. The idea of playing them in a friendly would never have occurred to anyone.