Page 73 of 146 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2177
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Ah, okay. Fair enough.

So Zlatan scored his first LA Galaxy goals at weekend. The first of which is definitely worth a gander:

This was in the first clash between Galaxy and their brand new rivals LAFC. What a time to pick to make your mark. How perfectly Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
    and his postgame was amazing

"I hear the crowd "We Want Zlatan, We Want Zlatan"....so I give them Zlatan

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Oh, that's actually the owner of the USL Indy Eleven, Ersal Ozdemir.
    Ah, I see. Still, it's cool that you managed to get the selfie.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    and his postgame was amazing

"I hear the crowd "We Want Zlatan, We Want Zlatan"....so I give them Zlatan
    Humble as always seriously though he gave them a cracking first impression.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

What. A. Goal.

Folks will know the one that I mean in time.

Stunning.

Astonishing Member

I was in a boring ass department meeting getting notifications of these Real vs Juventus goals. CR7 doing work!

Astonishing Member

Great goal by Ronaldo indeed.
    Even Juve fans applauded the Goal !!

Sad news. The former Manchester United, Rangers and Chelsea, amongst other clubs, midfielder Ray Wilkins has passed away. He was 61 years old.

Also a media pundit later in life, Wilkins had a reputation for geniality and fairness. He did occasionally made mistakes, like copping a ban after being caught drink driving. He was once famously sent off during an England World Cup '86 match, albeit in rather farcical circumstances.

RIP Ray Wilkins, or 'The Crab' as Ron Atkinson dubbed him at United. This was due to Wilkins' fondness for passing sideways on the pitch.

I've yet to see the Madrid v Juventus goals but I'll tape the Champions League highlights programme. I know Ronaldo got two so I'm assuming that's what got you excited last night WillieMorgan?

I was going to post this earlier but I wanted to make this a separate post.

R.I.P Ray Wilkins. As a little tribute out of respect for him I found these on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/xcqwl3X-0q0

https://youtu.be/vK7PgbfJov8

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I've yet to see the Madrid v Juventus goals but I'll tape the Champions League highlights programme. I know Ronaldo got two so I'm assuming that's what got you excited last night WillieMorgan?
    Yes it was. You're in for a treat later if you do tape the highlights show John.

Well, unless Liverpool get pasted tonight that is .

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Yes it was. You're in for a treat later if you do tape the highlights show John.

Well, unless Liverpool get pasted tonight that is .
    Well I will be taping it as I enjoy watching the goals anyway. If Liverpool do get pasted, at least I'll have other goals to watch whilst skipping past Roy Keane's smugness over it.

Well I will be taping it as I enjoy watching the goals anyway. If Liverpool do get pasted, at least I'll have other goals to watch whilst skipping past Roy Keane's smugness over it.
    You may be surprised by this but I'm far from Roy Keane's biggest fan. I certainly don't toe the United fans' party-line worship when it comes to him.

Although a great player, Keane was much too self-opinionated and controversial for my liking. He could just about get away with behaviour like that as a player during his 20's. When he was in his physical prime and unquestionably the most effective player in the Premier League, Keane had the leeway to generate as many headlines as he wished. However uncomfortable it made me feel.

When he was still causing problems for himself, United and the Republic Of Ireland well into his 30's though? When he was well past his prime as a player and was little more than a walking injury list? Get out of here. All the ruckus that Keane caused by opening his mouth and making comments during an interview with MUTV that were so explosive that the club barred the station from broadcasting them summed him up the best. There Keane was, publicly slating United's younger players after an, admittedly bad, performance and where was he himself during the game in question? Recovering from his latest injury watching the match from a bar in Spain. Again, get out of here Keane.

Not my favourite United player. Not by a long shot. Great player? Undoubtedly. Worth all the controversy? Nope.
    Last edited by WillieMorgan; 04-04-2018 at 12:03 PM.

After Liverpool thrashed Spartak Moscow in the group stage, Roy Keane said that he wouldn't watch Liverpool if they were playing in his back garden and he could watch them for free LOL. Like, dude, I know we're not the best defensive team in the world (this was before we got Virgil obviously, man we've been much tighter at the back since we signed him) but we're an entertaining side to watch if you're a neutral LOL.

Anyhow, Liverpool thrashed Man City 3-0 last night which was pleasing as you can imagine, another goal for the King of Egypt, Mo Salah. Another one for Mane (and a header to boot, he doesn't get many of those) and a beauty from Oxlade-Chamberlain (not my favourite player, but credit where it's due it was a great strike). Surprised by how easily we dealt with them actually.

Now we have to try and beat Everton at the weekend as well as get the other wins needed to guarantee a top four finish for the season. And of course, finish the job at the Etihad.

Of course, it was sadly marred by a group of idiots attacking the City team bus. Idiots. Not much else I can say about that except to call them idiots really. No excuse.

Edit: Yeah, I'm slightly surprised by your view of Keane. Other United fans I've spoken to worship the ground he walks on due to him being a club legend and you're the first I've heard (well, read) that said otherwise.
    Last edited by John Ossie; 04-05-2018 at 11:51 AM.

After Liverpool thrashed Spartak Moscow in the group stage, Roy Keane said that he wouldn't watch Liverpool if they were playing in his back garden and he could watch them for free LOL. Like, dude, I know we're not the best defensive team in the world (this was before we got Virgil obviously, man we've been much tighter at the back since we signed him) but we're an entertaining side to watch if you're a neutral LOL.

Anyhow, Liverpool thrashed Man City 3-0 last night which was pleasing as you can imagine, another goal for the King of Egypt, Mo Salah. Another one for Mane (and a header to boot, he doesn't get many of those) and a beauty from Oxlade-Chamberlain (not my favourite player, but credit where it's due it was a great strike). Surprised by how easily we dealt with them actually.

Now we have to try and beat Everton at the weekend as well as get the other wins needed to guarantee a top four finish for the season. And of course, finish the job at the Etihad.

Of course, it was sadly marred by a group of idiots attacking the City team bus. Idiots. Not much else I can say about that except to call them idiots really. No excuse.

Edit: Yeah, I'm slightly surprised by your view of Keane. Other United fans I've spoken to worship the ground he walks on due to him being a club legend and you're the first I've heard (well, read) that said otherwise.
    I don't know why you're so surprised that city rolled over so easily. You'd managed to put the shitters up them outside the ground beforehand. For a second there it felt like 1985 all over again .

Only joking. I actually was indifferent to last nights result. United aren't in the competition anymore so which of the two clubs now progress doesn't matter to me. You've got to make Liverpool massive favourites now though.

Yeah, never liked Keane. Wonderful player, less than savoury character. Those comments he made about Liverpool were probably just done to try and create headlines for himself as much as anything else. It used to bug me back in the day how United fans would turn a blind eye to all his indiscretions. 'Yeah, Roy's always right' seemed to be the mantra. Not for me. There's other ways that my attitude differs from the United fan mainstream. I always thought that the League Cup was a very worthy trophy to win. Of course, it's not the Champions League or something along those lines. As a major domestic trophy it was always an achievement to win it for me.

Calling it the 'Carabao Cup' does cheapen that sentiment a touch though. That is the kind of crass sponsorship that I loathe.

Not our fault City are so easily scared

Joking obviously, but yeah even I'll accept that Liverpool must be favourites to go through but at the same time I'm extremely cautious about it as City are good enough to overturn a 3-goal deficit.

My first memory of Liverpool winning a trophy is the League Cup so that competition will always have a special place in my heart. As for the sponsorship name...It'll get changed again either next season or the next LOL. At least you won't be hearing fans talking about the year you became Carabao Cup Champions.

Also, great result for Arsenal last night. Might be favourites beforehand but they still did get a good job last night. I've seen the goals, though I haven't seen the match. Ramsey's second was my favourite goal from Arsenal last night though Moscow's goal was a lovely free-kick.

Also, I made a bit of a mistake in my last post, it was when we beat C.S.K.A Moscow that Keane made that comment. Not Spartak LOL.

The Scouse derby suffered the ignominy of being the last game on Match Of The Day tonight.

Never thought I'd see that.