Page 76 of 146 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 2177
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Commiserations to Bury fans on being relegated today, what makes it worse for their fans is that it was at their home ground as well. On a lighter note, congrats to St Mirren fans for getting promotion back to the Scottish Premiership as Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    You know me John. I don't like making predictions like that in case I get egg on my face. Should be a comfortable home win though.

One more win and Bournemouth are pretty much safe, so hopefully that will be this weekend .
    Funnily enough my prediction was spot on score wise though Firmino did leave it late to make it 3-0.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Roma certainly won't be pushovers for Liverpool. Winning 3-0 against Barca is no mean feat and they did win their group with Chelsea and Athletico Madrid in it. I actually think Liverpool would've been better off drawing Bayern, but I do hope Liverpool make the final.

Swansea v Everton tomorrow. Another game where we could really do with 3 points. Jordan Ayew should be back so hopefully the performance will be massively improved over the West Brom game last weekend.
    I agree that Roma won't be pushovers, as you say they beat Barcelona 3-0 which is no easy task. But I'd still prefer them over Bayern Munich or Real Madrid personally. Still, should be 2 good games at any rate.

Also, another point for Swansea today I see. Even though you scored both goals LOL.

No doubt my Huddersfield Town supporting local pub landlord is over the moon right now following his teams 1-0 home win against Watford. He'll be on his way home right now.

That puts Town on 35 points which could well be enough. Their last four games are hellish so they'll certainly be hoping that they've done enough to stop up.
    Yeah, I'd imagine the landlord being quite pleased as well. Big win for Huddersfield. And whilst I agree that they have a rough end to the season I wouldn't put Everton into the hellish game category but still it won't be an easy game against Everton for Huddersfield.

Personally, I feel that Huddersfield have done just about enough as I don't feel that Stoke or Southampton will get enough points to get out of trouble. And seeing as how West Brom are basically relegated...

I think they've done enough. West Brom will be one of the three relegated teams for sure, and I'm pretty sure at least one of the other teams in the bottom three will also fall through the trapdoor. All Huddersfield Town need to do is play as well as they can over their last four games (A nightmare run though - Everton, Manchester city, Chelsea and Arsenal. Ouch) and pray that they've done enough to prevent being the third team to go down.

Amazing stuff from Craven Cottage. Brentford scored an equaliser in the 94th minute to get a 1-1 draw with Fulham. The draw confirms Wolves promotion to the Premier League next season. Incredible scenes. I've been watching it.
    Congrats to Wolves fans. I know one member of these boards who'll be pleased today.

Extraordinary Member

Congrats to Wolves for seeing their transaction for PL status go through ;D

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Commiserations to Bury fans on being relegated today, what makes it worse for their fans is that it was at their home ground as well. On a lighter note, congrats to St Mirren fans for getting promotion back to the Scottish Premiership as Champions.

Funnily enough my prediction was spot on score wise though Firmino did leave it late to make it 3-0.
    Yeah, I heard about Bury. I've been to Gigg Lane a number of times down the years so don't enjoy seeing them in their current predicament. It's difficult for clubs like them and Rochdale. They are surrounded by much bigger clubs and struggle for support and recognition.

You did indeed call the Liverpool score bob on John. Well done.

Congrats to Wolves fans. I know one member of these boards who'll be pleased today.
    Really? Do we have a Wolves fan on the boards that I'm unaware of?

This evening's game is Athletic Bilbao vs. Deportivo La Coruna for me. Currently 1-0 to Bilbao.

BANNED

Are you not ENTERTAINED?!?

oh lord Liverpool are so damn good right now

Come On You Reds!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post

Come On You Reds!
    Salah is....amazing

Well, would you believe it? West Brom beat Manchester United at Old Trafford. Also, Newcastle United beat Arsenal 2-1 but that's not so much a shock really, it's just the fact that it confirms Arsenal can't finish above Liverpool LOL.

Yeah, I heard about Bury. I've been to Gigg Lane a number of times down the years so don't enjoy seeing them in their current predicament. It's difficult for clubs like them and Rochdale. They are surrounded by much bigger clubs and struggle for support and recognition.

You did indeed call the Liverpool score bob on John. Well done.

Really? Do we have a Wolves fan on the boards that I'm unaware of?

This evening's game is Athletic Bilbao vs. Deportivo La Coruna for me. Currently 1-0 to Bilbao.
    Yeah, he's just never posted on this thread. I exchange PM's with him, I won't name him as it's not my place though. Enjoy the game. And yeah, I got lucky with guessing the score LOL. Shame I never put a bet on that game.

Rochdale seem to be making quite a good fist of it in their fight against relegation. But yeah, hopefully Bury can have a decent season in League Two next season. I'm sure there'll be fans who're hoping they'll bounce straight back.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post

Come On You Reds!
    There'll certainly be plenty of goals on the season review dvd this year and that's just from the three musketeers.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Salah is....amazing
    That's KING Salah LOL. But yes, he's amazing.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, would you believe it? West Brom beat Manchester United at Old Trafford.
    I watched that match. Astonishing. To use an American sports analogy, it was like the hapless, winless Cleveland Browns beating the mighty New England Patriots in Foxboro. Even worse, United’s loss salted away the Premier League title for Man City.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I watched that match. Astonishing. To use an American sports analogy, it was like the hapless, winless Cleveland Browns beating the mighty New England Patriots in Foxboro. Even worse, United’s loss salted away the Premier League title for Man City.
    It was really bloody poor that. I did something today that I never normally do. I switched the game off after 80 minutes or so and went off to do something else. That's how unimpressed I was with the quality and application of United's attacking football today. That game could have still been going on right now and they still wouldn't have scored. This is a team that's very much lesser than it's constituent parts.

It's not about the title. That's been a foregone conclusion for months now. If it hadn't been this weekend then it would have been the next. The fact that United have even been mentioned in the same breath as the Premier League title is ridiculous really.

I couldn't even give that performance a 3/10 mark. That's way too generous.

Funny weekend for a Swansea fan really. We got a point after being behind (which rarely/never happened under Clement), and from what I gather, we were the better team. With Palace and Huddersfield winning, we could've really done with 3 points but if someone had said to me at Christmas that with 5 games to go, we'd be 5 points clear of relegation, I would never have believed them. Just need West Ham to beat Stoke tonight, and hopefully the FA cup semi final will prove to be a distraction for Southampton.

I'm so happy Wolves have gone up! I won't be getting a season ticket this time round though lol.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

It was really bloody poor that. I did something today that I never normally do. I switched the game off after 80 minutes or so and went off to do something else. That's how unimpressed I was with the quality and application of United's attacking football today. That game could have still been going on right now and they still wouldn't have scored. This is a team that's very much lesser than it's constituent parts.

It's not about the title. That's been a foregone conclusion for months now. If it hadn't been this weekend then it would have been the next. The fact that United have even been mentioned in the same breath as the Premier League title is ridiculous really.

I couldn't even give that performance a 3/10 mark. That's way too generous.
    I know this is going to be a silly question, especially since United is second in the EPL, but does yesterday's disappointing loss to West Brom put Jose Mourinho on the hot seat?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

I know this is going to be a silly question, especially since United is second in the EPL, but does yesterday's disappointing loss to West Brom put Jose Mourinho on the hot seat?
    Yes

Jose Mourinho is a bad person, so any misfortune that falls his way entertains me

Nah. For the simple reason that there aren't any suitable candidates out there to potentially replace him right now.

Managing a club like United isn't some run-of-the-mill job. It's one of the top vacancies in world football. United are one of the biggest clubs on the planet, certainly in the top three. No arguably there, no speculation, that's a fact. The job is so demanding that a person needs serious cojones and a huge track record to even be considered for it nowadays. There's no-one of that calibre currently sitting around, twiddling their proverbial thumbs and waiting for a job offer.

On a personal level I dislike Mourinho, and always have. From the perspective that the Manchester United manager is always 'on the hot seat', due to the pressures of such a huge job, then yes, Mourinho is gonna go through difficult phases. Not in any way that his job is currently under threat though. Now Antonio Conte on the other hand....

Nah. For the simple reason that there aren't any suitable candidates out there to potentially replace him right now.
    *cough* Ancelotti *cough*
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    *cough* Ancelotti *cough*
    Meh. If I was offered that trade right now then I'd probably stick with Mourinho to be honest. There's no question that United have improved under him. Again, if I'd been offered the 2018 Premier League runners-up spot last summer then I'd have bitten your hand off. If they do manage to finish 2nd then it will be their best league finish since 2013.

Their football is so underwhelming at times though. Certainly not in the United 'tradition'.