Page 113 of 146 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2177

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Well I'm not that down about it because we're doing well in the League and who knows what'll happen in the F.A. Cup once we enter. Just a bit disappointed with how we're doing away from Anfield in Europe this season, definitely beats being mid-table in the Championship though LOL. Still, in the spirit of being positive, it could be worse for you Fluffy, at least it looks like you're avoiding the dreaded double-relegation thing that happened to Sunderland.

As for Mario, yeah I remember when he signed. I was hoping we could get some decent performances from him because I knew we wouldn't get constistant (can't spell that word today so I hope you know what I meant LOL) from him but I was hoping for a bit more than what we got from him which wasn't much in the end.
    We're not out of the woods regarding relegation yet lol. I think losing to Norwich and West Brom at home has proven that we won't be making the top 6 this season, which is fine, but we can't slip down towards the bottom. If we finish between 8th and 12th I'll be relatively happy.

I hope Liverpool keep it up in the league. I'd like to see them win it this season. The Christmas period is usually what sorts the league out, so hopefully they'll still be top 2 come mid January.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Hmm I can't see that happening but you never know. No smoke without fire I guess. Shame about his temperament/antics because he has/had some serious talent.
    If Mario were to come to MLS, surely he'd make a beeline to New York or L.A. where seemingly every European star on their retirement tour goes, or Atlanta which averaged something like 50,000 for their home games, not a backwater like Philly.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

We're not out of the woods regarding relegation yet lol. I think losing to Norwich and West Brom at home has proven that we won't be making the top 6 this season, which is fine, but we can't slip down towards the bottom. If we finish between 8th and 12th I'll be relatively happy.

I hope Liverpool keep it up in the league. I'd like to see them win it this season. The Christmas period is usually what sorts the league out, so hopefully they'll still be top 2 come mid January.
    I think Swansea will be more than okay in terms of relegation, whether they'll finish in the 8-12 spot we'll have to wait and see though.

As for Liverpool, obviously I'd love us to win the league for the first time since I was 6-years-old LOL but I can't see anyone other than City winning it. I think it's their year again and that they'll be the first team to retain the league since Man Utd when they retained the league under Fergie. Fingers crossed for a successful December though as we go into the final calendar year. I'd take second place as I feel we're good enough for that, I'd accept 3rd or 4th but I'd be a bit disappointed LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If Mario were to come to MLS, surely he'd make a beeline to New York or L.A. where seemingly every European star on their retirement tour goes, or Atlanta which averaged something like 50,000 for their home games, not a backwater like Philly.
    Mario isn't THAT big a name compared to the likes of Ibrahimovic or Gerrard or Beckham or Henry though, so IF he were to go the MLS he could well end up at Philly. Wait and see I guess.

Mario isn't THAT big a name compared to the likes of Ibrahimovic or Gerrard or Beckham or Henry though, so IF he were to go the MLS he could well end up at Philly. Wait and see I guess.
    You forgot Wayne Rooney who's with DC United. Still, for Mario to pass up the bright lights of New York or the Hollywood lifestyle of L.A. for Philly would be like an American star saying no to Manchester City in favor of Huddersfield Town. But, like you said, wait and see.

I'm sure I read somewhere that David Villa is leaving New York at the end of the season, so if Mario to the US is an option, he could end up replacing Villa at New York.

Edit: Actually, I've just remembered that New York have the same owners as Man City, who Mario has already played for. Chances are they wouldn't sign him again, but you never know.
    Last edited by FluffySheep; 11-30-2018 at 07:48 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I've not read the book, but I have seen the film. What was disgraceful about the book?
    Incredibly misleading. It is told as a biography but it is also from the writers perspective. Everyone involved with Clough, even some of the Leeds team came out and said it was wrong.

Extraordinary Member

I've never read the book either, I have the film on DVD as my wife and I like Michael Sheen. No plans on reading the book though so yeah I'm curious as to what's so disgraceful about it myself.

''Super Mario'' in MLS...Huh that'd be interesting.

As for Liverpool, well even though I didn't like some of the antics from PSG last night they did deserve the win last night as they looked much sharper than us so not too many complaints. Our away form is really letting us down in Europe this year which is a pity. I blame the horrible away kit LOL. If Fergie can do it when United had that Grey kit than I can do it with this kit LOL. Only plus side is that our last game is at Anfield and that we still have a chance if we can beat Napoli, I think we'd have to do it by two goals due to the head-to-head thing so fingers crossed.

At least Milly scored from the spot so I had something to cheer LOL.
    It is misleading and depicts Clough as a drunk and arrogant P.O.S.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Incredibly misleading. It is told as a biography but it is also from the writers perspective. Everyone involved with Clough, even some of the Leeds team came out and said it was wrong.
    It is misleading and depicts Clough as a drunk and arrogant P.O.S.
    Have you seen the film? You should give that a go and see if you think that's more accurate. Clough definitely doesn't come across the way you say he does in the book, although he was arrogant but that's just who he was lol. I liked the film and felt like I was rooting for him to do well, and knowing what he does at Forest afterwards makes you feel like he proved a point to Leeds.

Extraordinary Member

Have you seen the film? You should give that a go and see if you think that's more accurate. Clough definitely doesn't come across the way you say he does in the book, although he was arrogant but that's just who he was lol. I liked the film and felt like I was rooting for him to do well, and knowing what he does at Forest afterwards makes you feel like he proved a point to Leeds.
    I liked the movie yes. The crew said they changed it from the book to make it less dark.

In the book he spends hours savagely and mentally planning on how to mess people up. It is crazy.

I do feel like he had a point to prove...

Watched the last half of the North London Derby as Arsenal beat Tottenham 4-2, now it’s onto the Merseyside Derby with Liverpool hosting Everton. And that’ll be followed by the football us Yanks play. Ahhh, a good day to be in front of the telly!

Extraordinary Member

I don't care about the result but I hope that 'fan' is arrested.

Bad weekend of football, for me at least. Swansea lost for the 3rd time in a row and Stafford Rangers lost 1-0 at home to Buxton. To top it off, Cardiff beat Wolves.

I don't care about the result but I hope that 'fan' is arrested.
    From BBC News:

A man has been charged after a banana skin was thrown onto the pitch during Sunday's ill-tempered derby with Arsenal at Emirates Stadium.

They'll be getting a lifetime ban from football, that's for sure.

Well the FA Cup 3rd round draw has been made. Here it is...

Bolton v Walsall or Sunderland
    Millwall v Hull
    Gillingham v Cardiff
    Brentford v Oxford
    Sheffield Wednesday v Luton
    Manchester United v Reading
    Everton v Lincoln
    Tranmere or Southport v Tottenham
    Preston v Doncaster
    Newcastle v Blackburn
    Chelsea v Nottingham Forest
    Crystal Palace v Grimsby
    Derby v Southampton
    Accrington Stanley v Ipswich
    Bristol City v Huddersfield
    Wrexham or Newport v Leicester
    Fulham v Oldham
    Shrewsbury v Stoke
    Solihull Moors or Blackpool v Arsenal
    Manchester City v Rotherham
    Bournemouth v Brighton
    West Ham v Birmingham
    Woking v Watford
    Burnley v Barnsley
    QPR v Leeds
    Sheffield United v Barnet
    Norwich v Portsmouth
    Guiseley or Fleetwood v Wimbledon
    West Brom v Wigan
    Middlesbrough v Peterborough or Bradford
    Wolves v Liverpool
    Aston Villa v Swansea

Swansea were the last team out. Feels like fate that I missed the Villa game recently because the tickets sold out so quickly, so I've got the chance to go again. How does everyone feel about their team's draw?

Extraordinary Member

From BBC News:

A man has been charged after a banana skin was thrown onto the pitch during Sunday's ill-tempered derby with Arsenal at Emirates Stadium.

They'll be getting a lifetime ban from football, that's for sure.
    Good. Nasty twerp. It angered me seeing what he did.

We've got a nice draw!