Page 55 of 146 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast

Great win for Newport today. Thoroughly enjoyed watching that one. Can't remember the last time I watched 2 full matches on one weekend! Must be the magic of the Cup lol.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

BANNED

Nottingham Forest up 2-1 on Arsenal coming into half

Forest won...Arsenal are giving everyone penalties
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Congratulations to Nottingham Forest, Newport County, Coventry City, Yeovil Town, Rochdale, MK Dons, Notts County AND Peterborough United on their giant-killing exploits in the F.A Cup this weekend.

And a potential congratulations to Fleetwood Town, Shrewsbury Town, Wigan Athletic, Carlisle United, Mansfield Town, Wolverhampton Wanderers and Norwich City fans as well depending on how they get in their respective replays.

Meanwhile, Coutinho is officially a Barcelona player unfortunately, 142 million is hard to say no to. Rumour is we're going to get Mahrez to replace him and potentially Lemar from Monaco. But nothing confirmed about either of those two yet.

Oh, and I see the inevitable has happened at Stoke with Mark Hughes getting the boot after losing to Coventry City. If there's any Potters fans here, who'd you like to replace him? and what went wrong?

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I did thanks. Got a sore throat from shouting and singing now though!
    LOL That's how I am usually when I go to a match, haven't been to a match this season but hopefully I can afford to go at least one match later this season or at some stage next season

Stoke fans can be a disgrace. The fact they boo Aaron Ramsey for having his leg broken there is shocking.

All the talk on the radio and twitter after the Coventry game was all about Stoke and Mark Hughes but barely anyone mentioned how well Coventry have done today. Fair play to them. Great win.
    Yeah, unfortunately there's always a minority of fans who do **** like that. And yes, well done to Coventry.

Well I'm gutted to have drawn today but it could've been worse. Wolves certainly weren't the force I was expecting. I think it shows how pants the other Championship teams are for them to be top of the league. Ref wasn't great again. I didn't get to see the Wolves sending off in a replay or anything, so I don't know how bad it was, but Fer's sending off was a joke. Easily a yellow but definitely not a red. The ref just wanted to even things up because the Wolves fans were on his back I reckon. Anyway, this was my view for the afternoon...

They could've been having an off-day to be fair, I don't think the Championship is that bad from what I've seen. Can't comment on Fer's red as I haven't seen it though, wouldn't surprise me if it was a bad call though as the referees in this country aren't the best to put it mildly. Glad you're teams still in the F.A. Cup though.

If you do get to see the red cards in the Wolves v Swansea game, compare them. Dyer nearly got his leg broken, and Fer did a classic ankle tap. Obvious yellow but not a red. If he was already on a yellow I'd have no complaints but he wasn't. Either way, Swansea have appealed it so we'll see what happens.

I'm looking forward to the draw tonight. I'm hoping Swansea avoid Liverpool lol. If we could get an all Welsh tie with either Cardiff or Newport I'd be happy with that. I'm fairly confident we can beat Wolves at home, and I do think Cardiff will win the replay at Mansfield.

BANNED

even with questionable penalties, Arsenal looked like butt in that game

Nottingham Forest deserved that win

Arsenal are in a pretty tricky situation at the moment. If they lose Sanchez to City or Liverpool, and Ozil to Utd, it'll be a serious dent to them being a consistent top 4 team in the near future. It's not as if they'll be making 100s of millions from selling Sanchez and Ozil to reinvest either because their contracts are ending, so will go for relative peanuts. Wenger wanted Lemar from Monaco in the summer but couldn't get him, but if Lemar has to choose between Arsenal and Liverpool now, I would've thought he'd pick Liverpool. It's a shame to see because I've always liked Arsenal.

BANNED

and as always, Arsenal Fan TV is a gift

I thought I'd post the FA Cup 4th round draw...

Liverpool v West Brom
    Peterborough v Fleetwood/Leicester
    Huddersfield v Birmingham
    Notts County v Wolves/Swansea
    Yeovil v Manchester United
    Carlisle/Sheffield Wednesday v Stevenage/Reading
    Cardiff/Mansfield v Manchester City
    MK Dons v Coventry
    Millwall v Rochdale
    Southampton v Watford
    Middlesbrough v Brighton/Crystal Palace
    Bournemouth/Wigan v Shrewsbury/West Ham
    Hull v Nottingham Forest
    Newport County v Tottenham
    Norwich/Chelsea v Newcastle
    Sheffield United v Preston

I didn't get the all Welsh tie I wanted, but if we beat Wolves in the replay, we have a good chance of progressing even further after being drawn against Notts County. Newport got a whopping draw! I wonder what DebkoX makes of it lol. Are you happy with Liverpool v West Brom John?

BANNED

Im good with it

also keeping an eye on that Millwall vs Rochdale match because Millwalls supporters entertain me

Mahrez and Lemar..good wide players but i think they could do with a LB, RB, a Centre Attacking Mid and another Forward
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Fer's red card against Wolves has been rescinded, which is the correct decision but Fer's always giving the ball away and is extremely lazy on the pitch, so it's not all good news lol.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Didn't see any highlights never mind the Lanzini thing you mention geoffpayne but Mike Dean has never been a favourite of mine personally. Sorry to hear about your fans being spat on by a portion of the Spurs fans.
    Yeah unfortunately he always gets away with it! Referee's need to start being held accountable for their errors. One of these days they're going to cause a relegation on the last day and a desperate club could try and instigate legal proceedings due to the incompetency of the refereeing which at some points looks down right corrupt.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I watched Coventry today. What a result. Shame that the Stoke fans were for the large part disgusting. A few of them were being incredibly racist.
    Stoke fans are notoriously bad. Their first season in the Premier League they caused a massive fight in the away end when they played West Ham. Later that day (not sure how true) but apparently they stabbed a steward also. Later that season in the return match at Upton Park 40-50 ran out of the ground with 5 mins remaining and started attacking men, women and children walking down the road. They're a nasty, nasty bunch!