Page 91 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2177
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Volkswagen is taking advantage of the absence of the U.S. in the World Cup by running commercials where actors representing countries in the tournament while driving VW cars ask Americans for their support. I have to say I find those spots to be cute and humorous.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Volkswagen is taking advantage of the absence of the U.S. in the World Cup by running commercials where actors representing countries in the tournament while driving VW cars ask Americans for their support. I have to say I find those spots to be cute and humorous.
    I like them, they are funny

you said Messi is the best player yet he is clearly struggling against part time dentists?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Astonishing Member

Looking forward to see how far will the current European Champion (Portugal) go in the World Cup of 2018.
    I will be suporting Portugal,but i am looking forward to see great matches of soccer from other countries as well because the quality of the soccer matches (especially after the groups phases are usually quite cool)
    Portugal-Spain had a draw of three goals for each side,not bad.Considerating Spain is a former World Cup and European Champion and is always a favorite to win the World Cup.And is especially dificult to keep the ball away from them because their game style reminds me of Barcelona that is about keeping the possesion of the ball.
    Now i did not liked that the first goal scored by Spain had a clear fault over Pepe before the goal,hopefully these mistakes will be more rare in the other matches.
    Portugal improving what they did wrong against Spain and keeping what they did well against Spain,makes Portugal to me one of the candidates to win the World Cup.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    you said Messi is the best player yet he is clearly struggling against part time dentists?
    Thats not steamed!

Extraordinary Member

Tonight is the night....

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

So today's England match is in Volgograd.

Last edited by PaulBullion; 06-18-2018 at 10:48 AM.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    So today's England match is in Volgograd.

Brilliant piece of art.

It's an odd tournament so far, all of the teams you'd think would be dominating are looking very average. Argentina especially look in trouble with their manager talking about how the whole is team is weighing Messi down lol.

Astonishing Member

There have been teams that i thought would play much better.
    Say Germany for example,they are the world champion and they lost the first match and scored the wining goal in the last minute against Sweden.
    The matches of Argentina i had not been able to watch but the results of the matches they played, have been quite surprising.
    By the other hand there have been teams as México or Japan that played much better that i thought they would in the Groups Stages.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    There have been teams that i thought would play much better.
    Say Germany for example,they are the world champion and they lost the first match and scored the wining goal in the last minute against Sweden.
    The matches of Argentina i had not been able to watch but the results of the matches they played, have been quite surprising.
    By the other hand there have been teams as México or Japan that played much better that i thought they would in the Groups Stages.
    It is possible that we may see a massive upset come the end of the tournament.

Shirt Is Optional Member Attila Kiss's Avatar

So as it is the standing in Group G of now, with both England and Belgium having 6 points and the exact same goal difference (8-2), what happens if the end result between the two ends in a tie? Who will lead the Group for further seating? Or how are they going to mitigate that outcome?

I saw England is listed #1 in the group at FIFA site and Belgium second. Why?
    links to my books:
    "TWISTED HOLIDAY HORROR TALES"
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"
    @ Amazon: Spec. BLUE Version Paperback
    @ IndyPlanet: Collected Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Attila Kiss View Post
    So as it is the standing in Group G of now, with both England and Belgium having 6 points and the exact same goal difference (8-2), what happens if the end result between the two ends in a tie? Who will lead the Group for further seating? Or how are they going to mitigate that outcome?

I saw England is listed #1 in the group at FIFA site and Belgium second. Why?
    It's down to who has the best fair play record. Basically, whoever has received the least amount of cards, finishes higher.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Shirt Is Optional Member Attila Kiss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    It's down to who has the best fair play record. Basically, whoever has received the least amount of cards, finishes higher.
    Never heard of that rule. Do you have a link where I can check it out? Not that I don't trust you, but this World Cup had few opportunities to play out in a weird way. (Still might.) Like to read on some of the other possibilities as well.
    I thought it boiled down to a goal difference in a single match. i.e. England's best goal diff. is 5 in the recent game, while Belgium had 3 goal diff. in both of their games.

I wonder if Belgium coach is going to play Lukaku in the next match, since obviously the only stake is weather Lukaku or Kane scores more?
    Last edited by Attila Kiss; 06-24-2018 at 12:10 PM.
    links to my books:
    "TWISTED HOLIDAY HORROR TALES"
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"
    @ Amazon: Spec. BLUE Version Paperback
    @ IndyPlanet: Collected Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Attila Kiss View Post
    Never heard of that rule. Do you have a link where I can check it out? Not that I don't trust you, but this World Cup had few opportunities to play out in a weird way. (Still might.) Like to read on some of the other possibilities as well.
    I thought it boiled down to a goal difference in a single match. i.e. England's best goal diff. is 5 in the recent game, while Belgium had 3 goal diff. in both of their games.

I wonder if Belgium coach is going to play Lukaku in the next match, since obviously the only stake is weather Lukaku or Kane scores more?
    https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/t...ia-2018-groups
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"