Page 114 of 146 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2177

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Good. Nasty twerp. It angered me seeing what he did.

We've got a nice draw!
    Yeah yours might make it onto TV. Although Solihull v Arsenal might pip it if they get past Blackpool.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

A trip to Wolves for the F.A. Cup isn't too bad. Could've been worse, could've been better also mind but I won't complain too much about the draw, unless they knock us out of course LOL.

A late winner against Everton, didn't even realise Origi was back LOL. Welcome back Divock!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    You forgot Wayne Rooney who's with DC United. Still, for Mario to pass up the bright lights of New York or the Hollywood lifestyle of L.A. for Philly would be like an American star saying no to Manchester City in favor of Huddersfield Town. But, like you said, wait and see.
    I didn't actually forget Wayne, I just thought I'd made my point already with the other players so didn't mention him. But yeah I see what you mean about the comparison. Wait and see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I'm sure I read somewhere that David Villa is leaving New York at the end of the season, so if Mario to the US is an option, he could end up replacing Villa at New York.

Edit: Actually, I've just remembered that New York have the same owners as Man City, who Mario has already played for. Chances are they wouldn't sign him again, but you never know.
    I thought Villa had retired a few years back LOL. Didn't realise that he's still playing.

I don't care about the result but I hope that 'fan' is arrested.

Stafford Rangers beat Marine 4-2 on penalties tonight in the Integro Cup after drawing 1-1. About time they won a game!

Good news for Stafford, I know it's been a few days since I've posted but I know Swansea won 3-2 today as well so you have two good results this week.

As for Liverpool, well a 3-1 at Burnley was a good result despite the injury to Gomez. It was good to see Firmino get his name on the scoresheet. And, well, obviously I'm very pleased with our 4-0 win at Bournemouth which included a hat-trick from the King of Egypt known as Mohammed Salah

And with City losing for the first time in the Premier League this season, to Chelsea by 2-0, then Liverpool end the day top of the league which is always a nice feeling for however long it lasts

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    And with City losing for the first time in the Premier League this season, to Chelsea by 2-0, then Liverpool end the day top of the league which is always a nice feeling for however long it lasts
    Not ashamed to admit this.

I want Liverpool to win the league.

Can't believe Swansea managed to win away at Brentford. Badly needed those 3 points after losing 3 in a row, so I'm chuffed. Stafford Rangers blew a 2 goal lead to draw 2-2 away at Stalybridge Celtic. The fans are starting to lose faith in the manager now. He signed a young goalkeeper on loan last week, then dropped the first choice keeper (who happens to be one of the best keepers in the league), put the new keeper in, and he got lobbed in the 93rd minute. I know he's young and will learn etc but considering Stafford Rangers are slipping towards the relegation zone, the manager shouldn't have gambled putting this new keeper in. No reports of the first choice keeper being injured either.

I'm glad Liverpool are top. I'd much rather they won the league.

Not ashamed to admit this.

I want Liverpool to win the league.
    Me too. Fingers crossed I'm proven wrong in thinking it's City's year again.

Can't believe Swansea managed to win away at Brentford. Badly needed those 3 points after losing 3 in a row, so I'm chuffed. Stafford Rangers blew a 2 goal lead to draw 2-2 away at Stalybridge Celtic. The fans are starting to lose faith in the manager now. He signed a young goalkeeper on loan last week, then dropped the first choice keeper (who happens to be one of the best keepers in the league), put the new keeper in, and he got lobbed in the 93rd minute. I know he's young and will learn etc but considering Stafford Rangers are slipping towards the relegation zone, the manager shouldn't have gambled putting this new keeper in. No reports of the first choice keeper being injured either.

I'm glad Liverpool are top. I'd much rather they won the league.
    Sounds like maybe he and the first choice keeper had a falling out? Since I don't follow Stafford I can't really guess outside of that. Pity they dropped points, hopefully they can turn things around soon for you Fluffy. As for Swansea, well they made it hard work for themselves LOL. Saying that, as a neutral, the fact that it finished 3-2 must've been a cracking game to watch as a neutral.

As for Liverpool, well obviously I'd rather they won the league too. Would be nice But I'm not going to jinx it, especially since we have United on the 16th. That's always a tough game, especially given how much Mourinho likes to park the bus against us.

Sounds like maybe he and the first choice keeper had a falling out? Since I don't follow Stafford I can't really guess outside of that. Pity they dropped points, hopefully they can turn things around soon for you Fluffy. As for Swansea, well they made it hard work for themselves LOL. Saying that, as a neutral, the fact that it finished 3-2 must've been a cracking game to watch as a neutral.
    Well rumour has it that the manager has fallen out with 2 players who have both left in the past few months, so there's a possibility that's happened again. Who knows. I'm going to Stafford Rangers v Hednesford Town on Saturday. Bit of a derby and it'll be the official opening of the new "Shed End" behind the goal. A new roof has been built over the past few weeks, so if I stand in there this weekend i might get my picture in the paper lol.

Well rumour has it that the manager has fallen out with 2 players who have both left in the past few months, so there's a possibility that's happened again. Who knows. I'm going to Stafford Rangers v Hednesford Town on Saturday. Bit of a derby and it'll be the official opening of the new "Shed End" behind the goal. A new roof has been built over the past few weeks, so if I stand in there this weekend i might get my picture in the paper lol.
    Ah. So it COULD be a case of the keeper having an attitude problem and the manager getting fed up? Obviously I'm only speculating. Either way I hope they turn things around for you Fluffy. Especially with the new ''Shed End'' being opened on Saturday, as well as the new roof.

Big game against Napoli at Anfield tonight, fingers, toes and tongue crossed for this one. One-nil or a two-goal victory required tonight so come on lads!

PHEW. Big sigh of relief as Liverpool gets the job done. 1-0 at Anfield with Salah (as per usual) gets the winning goal. Slightly concerned about the possible injuries to Milner and Alexander-Arnold so hopefully they were taken of as precautions but at least we got the job done, with a clean-sheet to boot.

Pity we couldn't get at least a second though as we had more than enough chances to get through more comfortably, Mane in particular wasted a few chances and Wijnaldum missed a bit of a sitter but hey-ho we're through LOL.

PHEW. Big sigh of relief as Liverpool gets the job done. 1-0 at Anfield with Salah (as per usual) gets the winning goal. Slightly concerned about the possible injuries to Milner and Alexander-Arnold so hopefully they were taken of as precautions but at least we got the job done, with a clean-sheet to boot.

Pity we couldn't get at least a second though as we had more than enough chances to get through more comfortably, Mane in particular wasted a few chances and Wijnaldum missed a bit of a sitter but hey-ho we're through LOL.
    Bet you're well pleased. Hopefully the draw will be kind for you for the next round!

I bet DebkoX is pleased too. I'm glad Liverpool and Spurs both got through tonight.

In FA Cup news, Newport beat Wrexham to set up a 3rd round tie against Leicester, which is in Newport and live on BBC 1 on Saturday 5th January. Nice one

Extraordinary Member

I'm pleased with the result because we did a reverse Spurs.

Also happy for Liverpool as I like their team. In other news, I was surprised to see Sunderland beaten by Walsall.

I didn't check last nights scores outside of the Champions League so I didn't know Walsall had beaten Sunderland, having said that I'm not too surprised looking at the table in their league as Walsall seem to be doing quite well at the minute. And, 5th January is going to be a good night for Newport financially if nothing else so congrats to them.

And yes, I'm pleased we're through even though we'll miss Van Dijk for the first leg for whoever we get due to suspension, he'll be a huge loss given his massive influence on the team as a leader.