Page 3 of 146 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kgaard View Post
    Another striker to back up Kane is probably among Spurs' biggest needs, but I'd also like to see another CB to rotate with Vertonghen and Alderweireld, who are both getting up in years, especially considering the burdens of Europe. Another winger would be nice if not absolutely necessary.

Certainly the earlier part of last season hurt, giving up too many draws (several in the early period when Kane was hurt). But it is worth remembering that they finished with 86 points, which is really good! Enough to win the league in some seasons. A fast start at Wembley does feel crucial, proving that they can win there, make it their home (if temporarily), and be genuine contenders for the title. I expect resurgent Manchester clubs, so it won't be easy regardless.

Meanwhile, in MLS, I've been a season ticket holder at Red Bulls for 7 years now. It's clear the team misses Dax McCarty, but the "good" thing about MLS is that the regular season is less important--if Tyler Adams can round into the player he's expected to be, and if they can add a CB and speed on the wings in the transfer window, we may have a shot in November.
    I honestly thought that Dax had retired.

BANNED

Any alternate locations for the 2022 World Cup?

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    Any alternate locations for the 2022 World Cup?
    The UK would be nice! Especially seeing as it hasn't been held here since 1966.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Tsuuuuuuuu
    BB

Exciting Swiss left back prospect Ricardo Rodriguez goes to Milan for 15 Million...are we back in 2007?
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Did anyone else see Colombia vs Spain today? Falcao finally does something, i hope doesnt get hurt so he can go to the worldcup since he missed the last one and the olimpics.

No mate, i dont even know there's internationals going on! heck there's a U-20 World Cup now too
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    No mate, i dont even know there's internationals going on! heck there's a U-20 World Cup now too
    It was a friendly match but the fact that Colombia was able to almost defeat Spain says a lot about their team, specially James.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just got an alert on my phone from Bleacher Report saying Zlatan Ibrahimovic was released by Manchester United after just one season with the Red Devils.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just got an alert on my phone from Bleacher Report saying Zlatan Ibrahimovic was released by Manchester United after just one season with the Red Devils.
    yup

and it looks like Costa is out at Chelsea as well, allegedly Antonio Conte texted him to tell him that he was not a part of any future plans

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yeah, I can't say I'm completely surprised, a little bit but not completely.

As for Liverpool, the Van Dijk situation has turned into a bit of a shambles frankly.

BANNED

but but

Van Dijk has informed Southampton that he wants to exit the club

That injury did Zlatan in. I bet if he didn't get injured he'd be there for another year.

Bad form for Conte to tell Costa via text, but I'm not surprised he wants him gone. I can imagine Costa being a bit of a nightmare to manage.

It does make the transfer market more exciting when 2 big clubs need new strikers though!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    That injury did Zlatan in. I bet if he didn't get injured he'd be there for another year.

Bad form for Conte to tell Costa via text, but I'm not surprised he wants him gone. I can imagine Costa being a bit of a nightmare to manage.

It does make the transfer market more exciting when 2 big clubs need new strikers though!
    Costas existence is bad form