Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Default ''Soccer'' 2017-2018

Just thought I'd start a new thread for when the new season starts again in July (If you include the European Qualifiers and the lower leagues).

Main news for my team so far is that we're getting Solanke from Chelsea for 3m.

I wish Brazil and Argentina would not qualify for Russia 2018, can you imagine a word cup without them? my god it would make them salty as funk

It sure would, mojotastic. The only reason I'd be disappointed if Brazil didn't make it would be that I wouldn't get to see Coutinho at a World Cup. Other than that I'm not personally that bothered about the World Cup myself. What about you?

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    It sure would, mojotastic. The only reason I'd be disappointed if Brazil didn't make it would be that I wouldn't get to see Coutinho at a World Cup. Other than that I'm not personally that bothered about the World Cup myself. What about you?
    i am only concerned for my South America country to make it, hopefully it does.

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    i am only concerned for my South America country to make it, hopefully it does.
    Fair enough. Wish your Country well in making it for you

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    I wish Brazil and Argentina would not qualify for Russia 2018, can you imagine a word cup without them? my god it would make them salty as funk
    Well, Brazil has already qualified so that part's done for better or worse. Argentina is on the edge, though. It would get very interesting if they need a result at Ecuador on the last day.

Meanwhile, I can only hope that a year at Wembley doesn't disrupt the impressive Spurs project. Now is the time to start winning some trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by kgaard View Post
    Well, Brazil has already qualified so that part's done for better or worse. Argentina is on the edge, though. It would get very interesting if they need a result at Ecuador on the last day.

Meanwhile, I can only hope that a year at Wembley doesn't disrupt the impressive Spurs project. Now is the time to start winning some trophies.
    Yeah, Spurs do need to start winning something. It'd be a waste of potential if they don't win something with this group of players they have. No-one remembers teams that don't win things afterall unless they're a fan of that club maybe.

As for the world cup, well at least I'd see Coutinho there (since, IMO, the Brazilian coach would be insane not pick him if he's fit).

I'm just hoping the Swansea owners pull their finger out and invest in the team this summer. I don't want another season like the last one. It's been years since I've had to cope with a Swansea relegation battle and I don't want another one any time soon!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Yeah, Spurs do need to start winning something. It'd be a waste of potential if they don't win something with this group of players they have. No-one remembers teams that don't win things afterall unless they're a fan of that club maybe.
    Exactly. I took my son to White Hart Lane this past season so he would be able to see it before it was demolished, and it was certainly nice to see them in good form (we went to the Swansea match they won 5-0), but it would have been even better had they managed to overtake Chelsea (though in retrospect the title was lost in October/November).

As for the world cup, well at least I'd see Coutinho there (since, IMO, the Brazilian coach would be insane not pick him if he's fit).
    He's been in the side lately so I can't see any reason he wouldn't be picked except, as you say, barring injury.

It's a shame the final two World Cups before FIFA's big dumb expansion will take place in Russia (ugh) and Qatar (I mean, come on). What a waste.

Extraordinary Member

Fellow Brits may be interested in this;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys8j...FREi0wodB2AC9g

Allegedly BT sports are going to show the champions league final for free on youtube. I'm not sure if this is a legal link or so, I think it is so enjoy the free final!