Page 104 of 146 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2177
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

That's all the transfers for the Premier League clubs this Summer. Quite a few as you can tell LOL.

Any thoughts on them?

Anyhow, I know Celtic drew 1-1 last night with AEK Athens so it's advantage Athens due to the away goal rule at the moment.

Decent result for Burnley last night, drawing 0-0 in Istanbul with Hart keeping a clean sheet on his debut. No idea if he had a good game or whatever but a clean sheet nonetheless.

Another win for Swansea which I'm sure will please Fluffy, my mate Len will be pleased that Tranmere won 1-0 yesterday as well. Of course, I'm pretty pleased myself at the moment since Liverpool are currently top of the league (albeit it's only the opening round of fixtures) after a 4-0 win over West Ham

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Another win for Swansea which I'm sure will please Fluffy, my mate Len will be pleased that Tranmere won 1-0 yesterday as well. Of course, I'm pretty pleased myself at the moment since Liverpool are currently top of the league (albeit it's only the opening round of fixtures) after a 4-0 win over West Ham
    It was a good weekend for both of us! I'm very pleased with the win over Preston. We had a very bad transfer deadline day but winning after that helped improve my mood! I was planning on going to the Birmingham tomorrow night but as it's on TV, I might just watch it on TV instead. Getting back from Birmingham late on a Friday night is not the easiest, and I'm liable to get mugged lol.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

LOL. Not that you're stereotyping Birmingham of course

Besides, since I last posted in this thread, Celtic are out of the Champions League. Burnley play tonight I think against Istanbul. I don't think you're teams been in the League Cup yet Fluffy. Didn't see your teams name there when I was browsing through the scores anyway.

As for Liverpool's start to the season, no complaints from me LOL. Not going to get carried away though since it's only game one but always nice to start the season with such a big win. And six out of six for Swansea is pretty much the perfect start I'd thought for you.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    LOL. Not that you're stereotyping Birmingham of course

Besides, since I last posted in this thread, Celtic are out of the Champions League. Burnley play tonight I think against Istanbul. I don't think you're teams been in the League Cup yet Fluffy. Didn't see your teams name there when I was browsing through the scores anyway.

As for Liverpool's start to the season, no complaints from me LOL. Not going to get carried away though since it's only game one but always nice to start the season with such a big win. And six out of six for Swansea is pretty much the perfect start I'd thought for you.
    I've been to St Andrew's a few times before, and let's just say it's not the kind of area you want to be walking around late at night lol. If it was being played at 3pm on Saturday, I would go.

Swansea weren't in the first round of the league cup. We avoided it along with Stoke because of finishing 18th and 19th in the Premiership last season (hardly worth being relegated for!)

The second round of the league cup has just been completed. Here it is...

Southern Section:

Brighton vs Southampton
    QPR vs Bristol Rovers
    Wimbledon vs West Ham
    Fulham vs Exeter City
    Wycombe Wanderers vs Forest Green Rovers
    Cardiff vs Norwich
    Millwall vs Plymouth Argyle
    Brentford vs Cheltenham Town
    Swansea vs Crystal Palace
    Newport County vs Oxford United
    Bournemouth vs MK Dons
    Reading vs Watford

Northern Section:

Leicester vs Fleetwood Town
    Leeds vs Preston
    Sunderland or Sheff Wed vs Wolves
    Nottingham Forest vs Newcastle
    Doncaster Rovers vs Blackpool
    Burton vs Aston Villa
    Hull vs Derby
    Middlesbrough vs Rochdale
    Everton vs Rotherham
    Blackburn vs Lincoln City
    West Brom vs Mansfield
    Walsall vs Macclesfield
    Stoke vs Huddersfield

All 3 Welsh teams are at home. Bit of a disappointing draw from my point of view. I would've liked a lower league team, but there we go.

I've never been LOL.

Saw the ties for the League Cup 2nd round earlier. Most interesting ones for me as a neutral, since Liverpool don't enter till the third round, are Leeds v Preston, Everton v Rotherham and just for you Fluffy I'll be interested in the Swansea v Palace match.

Reason I'm interested in Everton's one is simply because I have family members and friends who are Toffees and the Leeds and Preston is just...I don't know why but I'm interested LOL.

As for your draw Fluffy, you might get a better gate at least with it being a Premier League than say if you got...Macclesfield? So there's that at least LOL.

Bit disappointed that Tranmere got knocked out in first round though, would've been nice to have another Merseyside team in the 2nd Round.

In other football news, Burnley and Rangers both qualified last night in the Europa League, even if Burnley did have to go to extra time LOL. Your former player, Cork, scored the winning goal last night Fluffy.

Hibs, TNS and Cork all comprehensively got knocked out last night so unfortunate for them.

Still, in the Europa League qualifiers there'll be Burnley, Celtic and Rangers in the next round. THEN the proper part of the tournament begins LOL.

Swansea were far from good last night against Birmingham. Our midfield was non existent and we were bullied all over the pitch. Amazed how we got a point and a clean sheet out of that game, but to play badly and still get a point is a positive. It showed how much we need more players in, so I hope the owners paid attention.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Watched Cardiff City battle Newcastle United to a 0-0 draw yesterday morning on NBCSN. The Man of the Match (in my humble opinion) was Cardiff goalie Neil Etheridge who stopped a penalty kick by NU's Kenedy in the last minute of stoppage time. Heck, NU was lucky to earn the tie as they played a man down in the second half.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Good start for Liverpool continued with a 2-0 win on Monday. Fingers crossed for Saturday against Brighton. No goals conceded yet either which is always pleasing to see especially since whenever we do concede that first goal of the season we'll be the last team in the league to have conceded a goal. Not going to get carried away like some have over the first two results but I'm pleased at the moment as a Liverpool fan.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Swansea were far from good last night against Birmingham. Our midfield was non existent and we were bullied all over the pitch. Amazed how we got a point and a clean sheet out of that game, but to play badly and still get a point is a positive. It showed how much we need more players in, so I hope the owners paid attention.
    Don't want to jinx you Fluffy but I think you're yet to lose as well. But yeah, like you say, to get a point without being at your best is a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Watched Cardiff City battle Newcastle United to a 0-0 draw yesterday morning on NBCSN. The Man of the Match (in my humble opinion) was Cardiff goalie Neil Etheridge who stopped a penalty kick by NU's Kenedy in the last minute of stoppage time. Heck, NU was lucky to earn the tie as they played a man down in the second half.
    Yeah I don't think too many people would argue with you based on what I've heard about the match.

Swansea v Leeds was a really good game earlier this week. Much improved on the performance against Birmingham but Leeds play a different type of football to Birmingham, which probably suited us better. Disappointed to not win that game but if I'd been offered a point before kick off, I would've taken it. Swansea are still unbeaten in 4 games and we've only conceded 3 goals. Pretty good considering we sold 4 centre backs over the summer!

Middlesbrough v West Brom tonight. That should be a decent game.

Liverpool have started really well, so hopefully you have a good season. Liverpool are probably the only team who can keep up with Man City, so fingers crossed they do.

Extraordinary Member

Met a Swansea fan the other day. Pleasant guy!

Boro played well today.

Wolves are giving Man City all they can handle as the first half ended scoreless.

Extraordinary Member

Wolves take the lead!

Cityzens just tied the score.