Page 145 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146 LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2177
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Bad injury for that Liverpool youngster Yasser Larouchi, so hopefully his injury doesn't keep him out for too long for him after what was a bad tackle where the Sevilla guy quite rightly got sent off for it. Still, the better team won on the day so no complaints otherwise about the 2-1 loss.

Well, TNS are on BT Sports 1 tonight so a big night for their fans, not often we see a Welsh team on BT Sports so good luck to them against Copenhagen tonight and Linfield also who're playing Torshavn.

As expected, TNS lost 2-0. In other scores Dundalk gave themselves a chance by drawing 1-1 against Qarabag and Celtic had a dominating 5-0 win and Linfield have a chance following their 2-2 draw.

Liverpool managed to avoid a third straight loss this pre-season LOL. 2-2 against Sporting Lisbon, slightly disappointing given we did take the lead but at least it's only pre-season LOL. Origi scored again with Wijnaldum getting the other one.

Extraordinary Member

If we sign Dybala...

If you sign Dybala he'll flop? Just teasing, but there's only one way to find out if he's a good signing or not and that's to see how he does in the League.

Other than that, Rangers and Wolves both won 2-0 last night. Aberdeen have the away goal advantage after drawing 1-1 away from home last night, as expected Connah's Quay lost but it was only 1-0 and Dundalk drew 1-1 last night as well. That's it as far as the European Qualifiers are concerned LOL.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    If we sign Dybala...
    Good player but he does occasionally let himself down by acting really petulant on the field. Juventus won't want to sell either. If Spurs do get him it will cost a pretty penny.

It's the first officially televised competitive game tonight. We're talking the German Bundesliga 2 but it's better than nothing. VFB Stuttgart vs. Hannover 96. A couple of years ago that would have been a top division match.

Does John Ossie still harbour his grudge against Spurs by the way?
    Last edited by WillieMorgan; 07-28-2019 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Good player but occasionally let's himself down by acting really petulant on-field. Juve won't want to sell either. If Spurs do get him it will cost a pretty penny.

It's the first officially televised competitive game tonight. We're talking the German Bundesliga 2 but it's better than nothing. VFB Stuttgart vs. Hannover 96. A couple of years ago that would have been a top division match.

Does John Ossie still harbour his grudge against Spurs by the way?
    Nah, not really. I was annoyed when they cheated to get a point at Anfield in 2018 but I'm over that now. Particularly since we beat them in the Champions League final besides I'm in to good a mood at the moment.

Also, WillieMorgan, do you not count the Champions League Qualifiers as competitive games? Because TNS were on the other night, Wolves were on the tele last night. Also, the Scottish League Cup has been on a few times now...

PS. As for Stuttgart v Hannover, I particularly remember Stuttgart. Didn't they play Leeds years and years ago in a European game? Anyhow, enjoy the match

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Nah, not really. I was annoyed when they cheated to get a point at Anfield in 2018 but I'm over that now. Particularly since we beat them in the Champions League final besides I'm in to good a mood at the moment.

Also, WillieMorgan, do you not count the Champions League Qualifiers as competitive games? Because TNS were on the other night, Wolves were on the tele last night. Also, the Scottish League Cup has been on a few times now..

PS. As for Stuttgart v Hannover, I particularly remember Stuttgart. Didn't they play Leeds years and years ago in a European game? Anyhow, enjoy the match
    Oh God yeah, I'd forgotten about the CL final . Well, that's one way to lay that demon to rest I guess.

I do indeed count the qualifiers as official games. I hadn't realised that both TNS and Wolves had been on to be honest. What channel were they on? Maybe it's one I don't have access to.

Both Stuttgart and Hannover are big clubs. Stuttgart were beaten in the old Cup Winners Cup final one year by a certain small London club with more money than history back in the 1990's.

Well, if you give me an opportunity to mention the CL final I'm going to take it

TNS were on BT Sports 1 and Wolves were on Premier Sports (I think that's what it's called, either way I don't have that channel so I couldn't watch it even if Leanne allowed me to LOL)

Ah so Stuttgart played Chelsea. I thought I recognised their name in European terms. I wonder if they did play Leeds or if my memory is being dodgy today...

Ah well, I hope it's a good game for you today.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    TNS were on BT Sports 1 and Wolves were on Premier Sports (I think that's what it's called, either way I don't have that channel so I couldn't watch it even if Leanne allowed me to LOL).
    Ah right. I really didn't realise that those games had been on. I don't have Premier Sports either to be fair. I'll paraphrase my earlier comments then by altering them slightly to the first competitive LEAGUE fixtures on TV this season.

Stuttgart did play Leeds actually. It was back in the Champions League 1992/93 season. Eric Cantona was a Leeds player back then. I think Leeds were awarded the tie by UEFA for some reason. Can't remember properly.

Of personal interest to me also this weekend, the Argentine top division resumes. I love watching highlights of this league on Youtube. The fan culture is INSANE down there.

Fair enough regarding the fixtures. I think the first competitive English fixture on BT Sports is a National League game between Stockport County (there's a 90s flashback) and Maidenhead United. Might tape that one as it's been a long time since I've seen Stockport County on the tele.

At least my memory was serving me correctly then in regards to Leeds v Stuttgart LOL.

Well, I hope you enjoy your Argentine league. Between work, being a Dad, having a Beagle and my wife only allowing me to watch certain games at home I don't get to see as much football as I used to LOL.

I did see Stockport County live once, back in the day.

I'm not sure what season it was (I suppose I could go and look it up). A bunch of Burnley supporting mates of mine persuaded me to go to the match that year with them at Turf Moor. This was back when Burnley were going through their 'wilderness years' down in the lower reaches of the Football League. They were nothing like the Burnley that exists today. A mini rivalry existed between the two clubs at the time since Burnley had beaten Stockport in a Wembley play-off a year or so previously.

Burnley won the match 5-2. Adrian Heath was the Burnley manager back then. Memories.

Well, if you have time as well as BT Sports WillieMorgan you'll get too see them on Saturday.

Speaking of football, European qualifiers are on tonight.

After the latest European Qualifiers the British clubs that are still involved in the qualifiers are - Shamrock Rovers, Linfield, Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen and Wolves.

I thought I'd start a new footie thread John. This one goes back three seasons now.

The new season starts tonight so I thought it was a good time to update the board.

EDIT - A link would help: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-Season-Thread
    Last edited by WillieMorgan; 08-02-2019 at 08:19 AM.