Page 34 of 146 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

European play-off qualifiers for the World Cup this week. Anyone's country involved? If so how do you rate your chances?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Moyes is the new manager of West Ham I see. Thoughts from any Hammers fans?
    Don't really want him as manager and was dead set against it before it was announced. I'll give him a few matches before I make a proper judgement. From what I've been hearing he is sorting out our training, our fitness has been terrible this season! Quotes coming through of 1 of Moyes' training sessions being like 3 of Billic's! He's also promoted Martinez into first team training and he has been scoring for fun in the Under 21s League so fingers crossed. I do however, still with a passion, want the 2 Dave's and Brady out of my club never to return.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffpayne1992 View Post
    Don't really want him as manager and was dead set against it before it was announced. I'll give him a few matches before I make a proper judgement. From what I've been hearing he is sorting out our training, our fitness has been terrible this season! Quotes coming through of 1 of Moyes' training sessions being like 3 of Billic's! He's also promoted Martinez into first team training and he has been scoring for fun in the Under 21s League so fingers crossed. I do however, still with a passion, want the 2 Dave's and Brady out of my club never to return.
    Outside of fitness what's the main area you think Moyes will have to sort out? As an outsider it seems like you need to sort out your defence mainly.

I must thinking of getting into soccer. Might start with Liverpool football club. Can you watch it on YouTube like the ice hockey or do you have to get pay telly?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Outside of fitness what's the main area you think Moyes will have to sort out? As an outsider it seems like you need to sort out your defence mainly.
    The defence needs fixing for sure, but we are pretty injury plagued there at the moment. We need to fix that in January (if he gets the funds which is unlikely). Mainly we need to cut out the stupid mistakes and sloppiness e.g. Lanzini got us back in the match against Liverpool and less than a minute later not concentrating and we're back to where we started. Also the Antonio mess at Palace away a couple of weeks ago, as soon as he hit that 'cross' everyone in the away end myself included knew what was going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I must thinking of getting into soccer. Might start with Liverpool football club. Can you watch it on YouTube like the ice hockey or do you have to get pay telly?
    You can watch highlights on YouTube, but as far as I'm aware there's no free live matches for LFC or any other club but then I can't say for certain that there isn't either. If you like what you see I recommend going to your local teams ground if you want to go to a live game. Other than that though. unless your cable provides ESPN or something than you may have to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffpayne1992 View Post
    The defence needs fixing for sure, but we are pretty injury plagued there at the moment. We need to fix that in January (if he gets the funds which is unlikely). Mainly we need to cut out the stupid mistakes and sloppiness e.g. Lanzini got us back in the match against Liverpool and less than a minute later not concentrating and we're back to where we started. Also the Antonio mess at Palace away a couple of weeks ago, as soon as he hit that 'cross' everyone in the away end myself included knew what was going to happen.
    I saw the Antonio thing on MOTD2. Does he do that on a regular basis? Good job he's not a Liverpool player I'd have been on here ranting for days about it LOL.

Ah well, good luck anyway after the International break, unless you're playing LFC that is LOL.

Ha, oh no way am I supporting any Australian teams

Ha, oh no way am I supporting any Australian teams
    Ok then...Then I guess it's TV, YouTube or foreign trips for you then

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

No premier League this weekend?

BANNED

nope

international break

No Premier League action but my mate Len will be made up as his team, Tranmere Rovers, won 2-0 today so he'll be pleased.

Ladies football was on yesterday as well, forgot to mention that yesterday LOL. Anyhow both the Mersey Ladies teams won, which is good to see. Particularly Liverpool of course.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Just caught the results of some of the World Cup play off games this weekend.

Honduras 0 Australia 0
    Denmark 0 Ireland 0
    New Zealand 0 Peru 0
    Switzerland 0 N.Ireland 0
    Greece 0 Croatia 0

Results like these are probably why Soccer will always find it hard to became a major sport in the US where draws especially goalless draws where no one scores in the entire game are frowned upon.

Football's in bad spot now..you pay a sum to watch it live, some social media accounts share official highlights but that depends where you live as it's region blocked. some illegal youtube highlights maybe around.
    is there a soccer bar near you? that might be an option
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Actually there's one down the road. Great idea!