Page 102 of 146 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2177
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    You're right. The top six teams in the East and West make the playoffs, so my squad still has some work to do to make it into the top six in the East.
    Well, technically I was half-right since I thought there were 8 teams that'd make the playoffs so I thought your team were in it but at least I wasn't a million miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    "Sterling isn't happy with 170,000 a week". Amazing isn't it? All he does is run. He only gets goals at City because he's surrounded by amazing players.

I'm considering getting a Swansea shirt this season. I've not had one for about 3 years now. I always put my own surname on it and my age at the time of buying it
    I remember around the time rumours first serviced about him leaving because he wanted 100,000 from us even though at that stage in his career he hadn't won anything. And yeah, it's easy to get 23 goals when you're surrounded by De Bruyne and Aguero LOL. Nah, in all seriousness he does have talent and he is quick, however he can't cross to save his life and he's not the best finisher in the world despite getting 23 last season. See how he does this season, I guess.

As for shirts, well it's the first one I've bought in two years, last one was Mane midway through his first season with us. I was tempted to get Salah but I can always get his for Christmas LOL. As for getting a Swansea shirt, well they're going to need all the support they can get if they're to get out of their slump. Been meaning to ask you how you think Potter is doing, albeit it's only pre-season.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Been meaning to ask you how you think Potter is doing, albeit it's only pre-season.
    He's saying all he right things and it seems like he understands that he has to clear out all the high earners before bringing in his own players. It's frustrating that we're not really bringing any new players in but I'm confident Potter has a plan in place and we'll get players in before the window shuts.

Speaking of the window, I only found out today that it closes on August 9th! No more end of August deadline day.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

I'm kinda relieved about the August thing as it means the squads (not just Liverpool's) can be more settled and focus on the football for a few months. Never did like the end of the month thing personally as I personally feel all business should be done before the season starts anyway.

Anyhow...LOL. After checking the sky transfer thing, yeah, you've apparently only signed that Asoro from Sunderland whilst losing Bartley, Fabianski, Gonzalez and Ki. So...I could've sworn there was a news thing about you signing some other young lad...Apparently Burnley are in talks with you over Clucas and are apparently interested in Mawson as well.

In other transfer news, Everton are apparently willing to spend crazy money on one of the flops of last season, Richarlison from Watford. 50m apparently Everton are willing to pay.

Stevie G has signed another Liverpool player, this time Ryan Kent on loan.

Extraordinary Member

Fellow Spurs fans are getting really excited about Lamela signing a new contract.

Why?

Yeah...I wouldn't get excited about Lamela signing a new contract either if I were a Spurs fan. Unless there's rumours that now he's got an extended contract that you can ask for more money for him from any club/s that are interested in him?

Meanwhile...Richarlison is having a medical with Everton. 50m...Crazy.

And Liverpool lost their unbeaten record in the pre-season last night. 3-1 to Borussia Dortmund. We were in front at half-time thanks to Van Dijk (nice way to celebrate getting a shirt with his name on the back for me at least). Second half, we dominated chances wise but couldn't kill them off, then they got one back. Then they got a penalty and then...Well...Karius was playing...LOL

He'd got away with an earlier mistake as well in the first half when he kicked the ball straight to a Dortmund player.

Bournemouth are apparently close to completing a 10.7m transfer for a defender called Diego Rico from Levantes.

Wolves have officially signed Joao Moutinho from Monaco for 5m.

Norwich have signed Tim Krul on a free after his contract with Brighton expired.

Stoke have signed Tom Ince from Huddersfield for 10m, with a potential 2m on add-ons apparently.

As for FluffySheep's team, apparently Jordi Amat has returned from his loan spell at Real Betis. Which according to Sky makes that your second ''in'' for the summer LOL.

Bogdan is now a Hibernian player, bye bye LOL. And Jordan Williams has left Liverpool for Rochdale on a free.

Besides all the transfer gossip there is the Interntational Champions Cup taking place. Liverpool play Man City on Thursday I believe.

Anyhow, that's all the football news/gossip I've got for now

Celtic play Rosenborg tonight in their second round of the Champions League qualifiers tonight. There's Scottish League Cup games on as well so it's a busy night for Scottish football.

Good win for Celtic last night. Coming back from behind to win 3-1, assuming they don't lose 2-0 or by three clear goals then they should face Athens in the next round.

Liverpool played Man City last night and won 2-1 thanks to goals from Salah (of course) and a penalty from Mane. Shame the game won't be shown until Saturday but at least it'll be worth taping LOL.

The double post glitch thing is back I see

Still not much news with players coming in at Swansea. Andre Ayew has gone out on loan. Would much prefer him going permanently but at least we should be saving his wages now. I think a few more will leave before the window shuts. I'd really like us to sign at least 3 players but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't sign any.

I've been in Wales for the past few days and went to the Liberty Stadium. Got the new home shirt with my name on it and took a sneaky peek through the gates to see the groundsmen mowing the pitch. I've also received my tickets for the Sheffield United game. So I'll be at the first game of the season, in my new shirt

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Still not much news with players coming in at Swansea. Andre Ayew has gone out on loan. Would much prefer him going permanently but at least we should be saving his wages now. I think a few more will leave before the window shuts. I'd really like us to sign at least 3 players but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't sign any.

I've been in Wales for the past few days and went to the Liberty Stadium. Got the new home shirt with my name on it and took a sneaky peek through the gates to see the groundsmen mowing the pitch. I've also received my tickets for the Sheffield United game. So I'll be at the first game of the season, in my new shirt
    Well hopefully they'll start the season off with a win for you when you go to see them wearing your new shirt

Also, I've just checked the sky transfer site and according to that the player that was back from on loan is no longer on the ''ins'' part so your back to just Asoro for now at least.

In other news, Rangers won 1-0 at Osijek last night so they'll have a slender advantage going into the home game which I think will be next week. Aberdeen and Burnley drew 1-1 so Burnley have the away goal advantage going into their televised match next week and Hibs drew 2-2 last night so they'll need to win realistically in the second game to go through.

Oh, and New Saints won 2-1 last night with Dundalk getting a 0-0 last night as well.

And that's all the news I have regarding British teams in Europe last night LOL.

Besiktas have apparently contacted us over Mignolet. And Klaassen's disastrous spell at Everton has come to an end as he has now signed for Werder Bremen.

Amazing Member

So far really happy with our preseason. Very organized. Would like a better centre half but beggars at this point. Looking forward to the season.

Any pre-season where we get to beat Man Utd 4-1 is automatically a success for me LOL. I don't care who was or who wasn't available, a 4-1 win over Man Utd will always please me

That being said, Aberdeen play Burnley tonight, Hibernian, New Saints and Rangers also play in their respective Europa League qualifiers tonight. Celtic qualified comfortably for the next round of qualifiers for the Champions League and the league season in the U.K begins tomorrow night.

Also, I see Everton have officially signed Richarlison for silly money as well as signing Digne (who I think could be a decent signing for them). Other than that...I know Besiktas are apparently still in talks with us over Mignolet and Burnley have apparently made an 8m bid for Clucas...

That's all I've got for now LOL. Anyone looking forward to the weekend? Any good results for your teams?...

After nothing really happening at Swansea, it's all happening this week. We've signed Celina from Man City and McKay from Forest, who are both wingers. We're in the mix for Woods from Brentford, and possibly taking a player from Palace if they sign Jordan Ayew from us. Mawson has signed for Fulham and like you said John, Clucas may be off to Burnley. It's going to be a very different team when the season starts compared to the team at the end of last season.

Can't wait to go to Sheffield on Saturday. Apparently, there will be 3000 Swansea fans at Bramall Lane, so we'll make some serious noise if that's true!