Page 105 of 146 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2177
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    That's all the transfers for the Premier League clubs this Summer. Quite a few as you can tell LOL.

Any thoughts on them?

Anyhow, I know Celtic drew 1-1 last night with AEK Athens so it's advantage Athens due to the away goal rule at the moment.
    I think Burnley did some odd deals to be honest.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Yeah Burnley haven't had the greatest of summers IMO. Looks like they're heading out of the Europa League as well given that they lost 3-1 in the first game to Olympiakos.

As for Liverpool, not the most exciting game but we capitalised on an error at the back by Brighton to score the only goal of the game, another clean sheet is always a bonus. And whilst Firmino has yet to score he does have two assists now, both to Salah I think.

Also, thanks to Newcastle not losing by 3 goals, we are top of the League at the end of August, unless Spurs can beat Man Utd by at least 4 goals which I can't see happening. Not going to get carried away since it's only August but I have no reason to complain so far

I can see Liverpool being champions this year. Addressed the areas they needed to (GK, CB, MF) and have some cracking youngsters coming through.

Any Villa fans here or just me?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AntJac View Post
    I can see Liverpool being champions this year. Addressed the areas they needed to (GK, CB, MF) and have some cracking youngsters coming through.

Just you by the looks of it!

I'm not a Villa fan but I do live in the Midlands and it's good to see another fan of a Championship team here! I'm a Swansea fan.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I'm not a Villa fan but I do live in the Midlands and it's good to see another fan of a Championship team here! I'm a Swansea fan.
    Nice! Think Swansea will do well this year. Montero is quality.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

You're the first I've come across on this thread but I'm sure there'll be other Villa fans on this board How do you think your team is doing this season AntJac? Do you fancy your chances this year?

As for Liverpool...it's been a good start, I just don't want to risk jinxing it though LOL.

Nice! Think Swansea will do well this year. Montero is quality.
    I don't think we'll finish top 6. Our squad is threadbare after the owners have sold a huge number of players over the summer (and not replaced them), so I can't see us being very consistent throughout the season. I'd be very happy with a top half finish.

I'll definitely be going to Villa v Swansea in October. I've only been to Villa park a couple of times and never in the away end. Should be a really good game.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    You're the first I've come across on this thread but I'm sure there'll be other Villa fans on this board How do you think your team is doing this season AntJac? Do you fancy your chances this year?

As for Liverpool...it's been a good start, I just don't want to risk jinxing it though LOL.
    I personally think we will be top 6 at the least. Keeping Jack and James was a huge statement of intent by our glorious new overloards McGinn, Bolasie and Al Ghazi look like good additions too. If we sort out the sloppy mistakes at the back i think we will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I don't think we'll finish top 6. Our squad is threadbare after the owners have sold a huge number of players over the summer (and not replaced them), so I can't see us being very consistent throughout the season. I'd be very happy with a top half finish.

I'll definitely be going to Villa v Swansea in October. I've only been to Villa park a couple of times and never in the away end. Should be a really good game.
    Think Swansea have done well to keep some of their good players. Bought well too with Celina and Asoro. McKay looks good too.

Extraordinary Member

I did not see this coming!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Man U getting destroyed by Tottenham? Didn’t see that coming either.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I personally think we will be top 6 at the least. Keeping Jack and James was a huge statement of intent by our glorious new overloards McGinn, Bolasie and Al Ghazi look like good additions too. If we sort out the sloppy mistakes at the back i think we will be fine.

Think Swansea have done well to keep some of their good players. Bought well too with Celina and Asoro. McKay looks good too.
    Yeah I reckon Villa will make top 6 too.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Cracking result. Love seeing Man Utd and Mourinho lose.

Why was Herrera playing centreback?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Man U getting destroyed by Tottenham? Didn’t see that coming either.
    Great result for us!

+ Some good league cup ties tonight.

Swansea v Palace tonight. I'm fully expecting a reserve/youth team to start. Our first team need a break with how thin it is. I'm not bothered if we lose. Just a good performance from a young team will do me.