Page 106 of 146 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2177
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Swansea v Palace tonight. I'm fully expecting a reserve/youth team to start. Our first team need a break with how thin it is. I'm not bothered if we lose. Just a good performance from a young team will do me.
    I see you are doing relatively well.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

As a neutral, I'll be enjoying the League Cup games tonight so from a neutral's perspective I hope there's some ''shocks'' on the card tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by AntJac View Post
    I personally think we will be top 6 at the least. Keeping Jack and James was a huge statement of intent by our glorious new overloards McGinn, Bolasie and Al Ghazi look like good additions too. If we sort out the sloppy mistakes at the back i think we will be fine.

Think Swansea have done well to keep some of their good players. Bought well too with Celina and Asoro. McKay looks good too.
    Yeah, keeping Grealish seems like a right coup for you. I was positive that he'd end up at Tottenham during the summer. Bolasie should be a good signing for you as well, I don't mind him personally.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Man U getting destroyed by Tottenham? Didn’t see that coming either.
    Made up about it. As a Liverpool fan. Also made up that Tottenham couldn't get that fourth goal since it means Liverpool will start September at the top of the League. I know it's early days but I want to relish the sight of it for however long it may last.

Quote Originally Posted by AntJac View Post
    Why was Herrera playing centreback?
    Because he's the ''Special One'' just teasing Mourinho from a comment he'd made in 2004 but seriously I've no idea why he played there. Unless there's an injury crisis I'm unaware of.

Well Swansea's youngsters did well tonight, despite losing 1-0. From what I've read about the game, quite a few them showed they can cut it at that level, so it's good stuff. It seems like Potter made the rested first team still go to the game to support the rest of the squad tonight. All positive, apart from losing. I'm not bothered to be out of the league cup though. Focusing on the league is far more important for us.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Well Swansea's youngsters did well tonight, despite losing 1-0. From what I've read about the game, quite a few them showed they can cut it at that level, so it's good stuff. It seems like Potter made the rested first team still go to the game to support the rest of the squad tonight. All positive, apart from losing. I'm not bothered to be out of the league cup though. Focusing on the league is far more important for us.
    Did better in the League Cup than in the EFL Trophy, lost 5-0 to Stevenage on that. At least you got a respectable loss last night to Palace with them being a Premier League team. Not doing too bad in the league so hopefully that'll continue from your POV.

I got what I wanted last night which was a couple of ''upsets'' last night. Now it's a case of seeing who Liverpool have when we enter the competition at the next round.

Astonishing Member

Benfica won the last qualification match to go to the Champions League today.
    I was begining to wonder if Benfica would go this year to the Championship League or not.

Extraordinary Member

Burnley are playing Olympiakos tonight. Will we witness the miracle of Lancashire? The legend of Lanchashire? The barnstorming saga of Burnley?

Doubt it.

Well, for those of you football enthusiasts who also happen to enjoy some video gaming, PES has been released some hours ago and the infamous FIFA from the just as infamous company EA is set to be released around the end of September.

Gentlemen, to your pads.

Extraordinary Member

The Burnley dream is dead.

Half-time between Spurs and Watford and the score is 0-0 which is good so far. Fingers crossed that by the end of the game, Liverpool are still top of the Premier League.

Good win for my team yesterday despite Allisson playing silly buggers instead of just hoofing the ball away when he had the chance. Fluffy's team had a good win at Millwall by the same score as well despite going down to ten men early on.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Benfica won the last qualification match to go to the Champions League today.
    I was begining to wonder if Benfica would go this year to the Championship League or not.
    Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    The Burnley dream is dead.
    Yep. On the plus side, Rangers are still in it. And Celtic are as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Well, for those of you football enthusiasts who also happen to enjoy some video gaming, PES has been released some hours ago and the infamous FIFA from the just as infamous company EA is set to be released around the end of September.

Gentlemen, to your pads.
    I prefer FIFA to be honest, and I don't really have any issues with EA personally speaking. Never been sold on PES personally but I'll be looking forward to FIFA when that comes out

2-1 win for Watford, ending Spurs' 100% per cent start to the season whilst keeping theirs going. Mourinho will be a little bit happier following 2-0 win at Burnley and Cardiff scored their first two Premier League goals of the season today, and still lost 3-2 LOL.

Also, Stevie G suffered his first loss as manager, 1-0 to Celtic.

8 - 2 for Barcelona.

Fun game to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I prefer FIFA to be honest, and I don't really have any issues with EA personally speaking. Never been sold on PES personally but I'll be looking forward to FIFA when that comes out
    My problem with Fifa, more than the evilness and greediness of EA, is mostly the gameplay. It's so casual and for being honest plain unrealistic a lot of times. Which can be a problem cause when people who aren't too familiar with football but who like playing video games are actually watching real football they can be (negatively) surprised at how slow paced it can be. Well, duh. Sorry.

But eh, that's cool, many people prefer it that way with a very simple and basic gameplay and football being the most popular sport on the planet it's good that all kind of people can enjoy a game about it.

Extraordinary Member

Michel Vorm with pass of the season

Extraordinary Member

The amount of Arsenal 'fans' in Canada is a national disgrace.

Extraordinary Member

Why is it that MLS kits are far more expensive than British kits even in the country of origin?