Page 108 of 146 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2177

It's great seeing Man Utd and Mourinho lose.

I'm very pleased with a 3-0 win today. Up to 7th in the table now too. We're away at Wigan on Tuesday (which happens to be my birthday), so I'm expecting a tough game there. Wigan have done well this season, so a win there would be a great result.

My local team Stafford Rangers lost 6-1 away at Bamber Bridge today. Bad times!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Ouch regarding Stafford Rangers. How're they doing at the moment aside from that hammering? But as for tomorrow night's game against Wigan than even though I'm a neutral in regards to that game I hope they give you a Happy Birthday present that night

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Ouch regarding Stafford Rangers. How're they doing at the moment aside from that hammering? But as for tomorrow night's game against Wigan than even though I'm a neutral in regards to that game I hope they give you a Happy Birthday present that night
    They're 10th in the league at the moment, so not doing too badly. They beat Basford United the week before, and they're top of the league. Hopefully the 6-1 hammering was just a bad day. They're away at Marine tonight. That anywhere near you John?

Wigan v Swansea tonight. Come on you Swans!
    Last edited by FluffySheep; 10-02-2018 at 08:26 AM.

Marine F.C. are in Crosby so they're too far away from where I live, compared to Swansea anyway LOL. Glad to hear Stafford's not doing too bad and got a good win the week before.

Since it's Fluffy's birthday I'll be cheering on the Swans tonight LOL. Otherwise I wouldn't be too bothered as I'm a neutral LOL.

Also, come on Valencia!

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

I swear, it feels difficult to discuss Bern Young Boys because of the club name.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    I swear, it feels difficult to discuss Bern Young Boys because of the club name.
    Funny thing is there used to be a team called Old Boys, Young Boys came along later on as a ''sister club'' apparently but they ended up being better than Old Boys and thus became the Main club whilst Old Boys was disbanded. Or so I've been told at least.

In other football news, my mate Len was pleased today as Tranmere beat Lincoln 1-0. He was especially pleased due to Lincoln being top of the league right now. And, the pressure will be mounting on Mourinho after a 0-0 draw last night (despite the fact that Valencia are a decent team nowadays but with everything else that's gone on it'll just give his critics more ammunition.) Particularly since Man City won, again, 2-1 at Hoffenheim last night.

Liverpool play Napoli tonight, so fingers crossed for a good result tonight. Won't be easy as they're a good team and frankly I'd be okay with a draw tonight in Naples.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    It's great seeing Man Utd and Mourinho lose.
    I've heard Mourinho has kinda sorta been feuding with Paul Pogba. Could Jose get the chop if Man U falters this season and doesn't finish in the top five of the table (did I say that right)?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I've heard Mourinho has kinda sorta been feuding with Paul Pogba. Could Jose get the chop if Man U falters this season and doesn't finish in the top five of the table (did I say that right)?
    I've always felt like Mourinho never really wanted the Man United job in the first place. He's always seemed like he doesn't really care. I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone before the end of the season but I'm not sure what compensation he would be getting. If he's got loads of years left on his contract then they might hold off sacking him. It would be the top 4 that they'll be aiming for. The top 4 teams qualify for the Champions League, which is the best of the best playing against each other in Europe and it's where all the money is lol.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Funny thing is there used to be a team called Old Boys, Young Boys came along later on as a ''sister club'' apparently but they ended up being better than Old Boys and thus became the Main club whilst Old Boys was disbanded. Or so I've been told at least.

In other football news, my mate Len was pleased today as Tranmere beat Lincoln 1-0. He was especially pleased due to Lincoln being top of the league right now. And, the pressure will be mounting on Mourinho after a 0-0 draw last night (despite the fact that Valencia are a decent team nowadays but with everything else that's gone on it'll just give his critics more ammunition.) Particularly since Man City won, again, 2-1 at Hoffenheim last night.

Liverpool play Napoli tonight, so fingers crossed for a good result tonight. Won't be easy as they're a good team and frankly I'd be okay with a draw tonight in Naples.
    Tranmere are doing well this season. Marine beat Stafford Rangers 1-0, so that was a shame.

I didn't see the Liverpool game but bet you're gutted to lose to an injury time winner. I've no idea who played better throughout the game, so I don't know if Napoli deserved it or not.

This weekend is Swansea v Ipswich, who are 2nd from bottom and winless this season. So you can guarantee Ipswich will win that one lol. Stafford Rangers are at home too, against Scarborough Athletic. I'd like to go to that one but I can't this Saturday unfortunately.

Astonishing Member

Benfica won the second match of the Group Stages in the Championship League a few days ago.
    It´s great to see that this year Benfica so far is playing way better in the Champions League that last year.

Astonishing Member

José Mourinho is one of the most successful Football Manager of all times but that at the same time explain some criticisms that Mourinho is having now i think.
    Because being one of the best Manager of all times makes for great expectations about the results of the teams he is managing,so with just a few bad results come the criticsm.
    Either way i would not be surprised to see José Mourinho starting to improve the consistency of the Manchester United players and the team improving again.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Tranmere are doing well this season. Marine beat Stafford Rangers 1-0, so that was a shame.

I didn't see the Liverpool game but bet you're gutted to lose to an injury time winner. I've no idea who played better throughout the game, so I don't know if Napoli deserved it or not.

This weekend is Swansea v Ipswich, who are 2nd from bottom and winless this season. So you can guarantee Ipswich will win that one lol. Stafford Rangers are at home too, against Scarborough Athletic. I'd like to go to that one but I can't this Saturday unfortunately.
    Well, seeing as how Marine are a Merseyside team I'm a bit pleased that they won LOL. But yeah, Tranmere are doing well at the moment. They seem to be solid at the back and they do have Norwood scoring on a pretty regular basis at the minute.

I don't know about the Swansea game, I mean I put a bet on last week and they won 3-0 LOL. Maybe I should do the same this week....MWAHAHAHHA. Nah seriously, good luck against the Tractor Boys. And hopefully Stafford will get something against Scarborough for you.

As for Liverpool against Napoli, yeah there's not much worse as a fan then losing to a stoppage time goal. Still, can't complain too much as at least they beat us fairly unlike Chelsea LOL. Tough game this weekend against City though.

0-0 draw against City. I'll take that given how City have started this season. Pity United had to win yesterday LOL. Ah well, they were bound to win at some point.

Other than that Tranmere won 4-3 so Len will be pleased and Everton got a good 2-1 win at Leicester yesterday so a good weekend for the Merseyside teams this weekend

Extraordinary Member

Ah Mahrez what are you doing!

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Ah Mahrez what are you doing!
    Making every Liverpool fan's day is what he was doing