Page 11 of 146 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

I'm hoping at least one of the Welsh teams make it through to the next round.

Swansea have signed a goalkeeper on a free from Heerenveen. All we seem to do is sign reserve goalkeepers.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Astonishing Member

All I know is the germans are just ridiculous. Win euro under 21s, Make confed cup final with b/c team. Just an amazing soccer country.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Liverpool don't seem to be getting far in their pursuit of Keita. Doesn't help that we've yet to make a bid at the time I'm posting this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    its a Men In Blazers/American Outlaws joke that took off over here
    Ah, okay then

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I'm hoping at least one of the Welsh teams make it through to the next round.

Swansea have signed a goalkeeper on a free from Heerenveen. All we seem to do is sign reserve goalkeepers.
    It would be nice to see at least one Welsh team there, same goes for the Irish. We're guaranteed to see a Scottish team in the next round as that's when Celtic start against either the Irish team Linfield or the team from San Marino, La Fiorita.

As for your signing a goalkeeper, well hopefully he'll be good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    All I know is the germans are just ridiculous. Win euro under 21s, Make confed cup final with b/c team. Just an amazing soccer country.
    They've always done well, they're like ever presents in the latter stages of tournaments it seems like.

Calhanoglu is heading to Milan.
    They mean serious business!
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

I see Terry has gone to Villa. That should be a decent signing for them. And apparently Swansea are closing in on signing a midfielder from Las Palmas called Roque Mesa. Don't know anything about him so can't really comment on it. Michael Keane is undergoing a medical at Everton, potentially good signing for them. West Brom have signed a Chinese striker called Yuning Zhang.

Oh and apparently Newcastle are looking at the possibility of getting Joe Hart on loan.

That's about all the transfer news I've heard LOL.
    Last edited by John Ossie; 07-03-2017 at 07:10 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Terry is a coup. Despise the man, but wonderful talent. Hopefully the Swansea signing works out for them. Keane is another good signing.

Zhang?

Lol

Extraordinary Member

Well they've sent him out on loan to Werder for two years so little faith I see.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Zhang?

Lol
    That's his name. Apparently they signed him from Vitesse Arnhem for an undisclosed fee (which, might just be me, but ''undisclosed fee'' always sounds a bit dodgy to me LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Well they've sent him out on loan to Werder for two years so little faith I see.
    Wait...Did Man City send Hart on loan to Werder Bremen for two years or are you talking about West Brom sending Zhang there? Sorry for asking it's just the first I've heard of anything to do with Bremen.

Damn...Double post

Looks like Swansea might be offloading Borja on loan for a season to Malaga. I'd rather we sold him outright but at least if he can score a load of goals out there again then he might come back a decent striker for the Premiership next time.

I'm amazed Villa have forked out Terry's wages. I would've thought a huge wage bill is the last thing they'd want, no matter how badly they want to get back into the Premiership.

I think in Villa's case they might be hoping that if they get their marquee signing in with a big wage that it'll prove to the future players they want to buy that they are ambitious enough to spend that kinda money and to send a message to their fans (as I don't think they've done that much business have they? haven't heard much at any rate).

What do you make of the signing of Roque Mesa for Swansea FluffySheep?

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    What do you make of the signing of Roque Mesa for Swansea FluffySheep?
    I'd never heard of him up until he got linked to us. He's supposed to be decent and if we do get him for the £11m he'e supposedly costing us, it's all good. To be honest, even if he isn't all that great but does a half decent job, £11m nowadays is nothing so it's hardly even a waste of money.

Fair enough FluffySheep. I've never heard of him either but hopefully he'll do ok for you (except for when you play Liverpool of course LOL), who knows maybe if he's good you can make a good profit when you sell him to us?

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Fair enough FluffySheep. I've never heard of him either but hopefully he'll do ok for you (except for when you play Liverpool of course LOL), who knows maybe if he's good you can make a good profit when you sell him to us?
    Yeah following in Joe Allen's footsteps! I'm still annoyed we didn't sign him last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Yeah following in Joe Allen's footsteps! I'm still annoyed we didn't sign him last summer.
    Joe was a decent player but I never really thought of him as a star player for us but I was a bit surprised to see him go to Stoke instead of Swansea.