Page 112 of 146 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2177

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Good to hear about Stafford for you Fluffy. Nothing wrong with paying more attention to Non-League.

I see Swansea are still in the F.A. Cup.

As for Liverpool, fingers crossed is all I'll say regarding the Champions League.

Still, having said that it was a decent day for us today as even though City are still top of the league, we're back up to second thanks to Everton holding Chelsea to a goal-less draw and us beating Fulham 2-0. I know Fulham are bottom of the table right now but it was good to see us bounce back from the Belgrade match.
    Swansea aren't in the FA Cup yet. We'll be drawn in in the 3rd round. Same as Liverpool. No doubt we'll get drawn against you, so that'll be us finished lol.

Great win for Swansea yesterday away at Bolton. McKay scored a belter from outside the box. Funny how Swansea won, Cardiff won, Newport won and Wales beat Australia in the rugby. A good day for Wales!

Stafford Rangers lost 4-0 away to Basford in the FA Trophy. Shame they got hammered and out of that competition. It was a chance of making it to Wembley. Oh well.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Swansea aren't in the FA Cup yet. We'll be drawn in in the 3rd round. Same as Liverpool. No doubt we'll get drawn against you, so that'll be us finished lol.

Great win for Swansea yesterday away at Bolton. McKay scored a belter from outside the box. Funny how Swansea won, Cardiff won, Newport won and Wales beat Australia in the rugby. A good day for Wales!

Stafford Rangers lost 4-0 away to Basford in the FA Trophy. Shame they got hammered and out of that competition. It was a chance of making it to Wembley. Oh well.
    The Swansea part was a bit of a joke on my part, knew I should've used the tongue-in-cheek emoji LOL.

Well, you are due a thrashing at Anfield

Was a good day for Wales, I didn't even know about the Rugby match.

Yeah it is a pity to hear they got thrashed. Oh well, at Swansea still have a chance of reaching Wembley via the Promotion Play-offs.

Pointless Internationals are back on soon I believe. Yawn...LOL.

The Swansea part was a bit of a joke on my part, knew I should've used the tongue-in-cheek emoji LOL.

Well, you are due a thrashing at Anfield

Was a good day for Wales, I didn't even know about the Rugby match.

Yeah it is a pity to hear they got thrashed. Oh well, at Swansea still have a chance of reaching Wembley via the Promotion Play-offs.

Pointless Internationals are back on soon I believe. Yawn...LOL.
    Yeah I needed the emoji lol. I do like the FA Cup. I watched most of the Haringey Borough v Wimbledon game on Friday night. Love underdogs and seeing games on TV at lower league grounds.

Just in case anyone missed the goal, this is the beauty against Bolton on the weekend.

Didn't see most of the Haringuey match but I caught the last 10 minutes of it so obviously saw the goal lol. I did get to see most of the Hampton v Oldham match last night and did feel a bit sorry for Hampton due to how long they were in the lead but IMO Oldham did enough to deserve to win.

As for the Swansea goal, I tape the EFL show so when I get a chance to watch it I'll see it there anyway. I'll still watch the video you've uploaded though since it's a ''stunning goal''.

Just finished watching the goal, Fluffy and it was indeed a stunner.

Bit of F.A. Cup news today as Len was telling me about Tranmere beating Oxford City in the First Round replay by 2-0 which sets up a bit of a local derby between them and Southport.

I went to watch Stafford Rangers v Whitby Town on Saturday. Finished 3-3. Really entertaining game but Stafford could've done with the 3 points. There was a guy there giving out blankets to people sitting in the stand to keep warm. You don't get that in the Premiership lol.

Gutted Swansea got battered at home to Norwich. Realistically though, if we finish top half this season it'll be a good season and I'll be happy with that. We need at least another season in the Championship before we're ready to tackle the Premiership again.

Some high scoring games it feels like for Stafford recently, must be fun for neutrals at least. LOL, you certainly don't get people handing out blankets in the Premier League (at least I didn't LOL)

Yeah, saw the result against Norwich and instantly thought ''ouch, FluffySheep won't like that scoreline''.

As far as Liverpool is concerned we got a good win against Watford, Firmino and Salah both scored again and Alexander-Arnold got a nice free kick in, I swear he doesn't do tap ins LOL. His first since Boxing Day 2017 I believe.

Speaking of Liverpool I'll be watching the Ladies team on Sunday when I go to Prenton Park. I'll be there due to work but I'll get to watch the game LOL.

Extraordinary Member

United getting a flukey win again. How long does Jose have left?

Extraordinary Member

Never read Damned United, people. Disgraceful book.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

'Super Mario' in MLS? With the Philadelphia Union? Not so fast, my friend:

http://www.sportingnews.com/ca/socce...d12yis2twm1flz
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Never read Damned United, people. Disgraceful book.
    I've not read the book, but I have seen the film. What was disgraceful about the book?

I've never read the book either, I have the film on DVD as my wife and I like Michael Sheen. No plans on reading the book though so yeah I'm curious as to what's so disgraceful about it myself.

''Super Mario'' in MLS...Huh that'd be interesting.

As for Liverpool, well even though I didn't like some of the antics from PSG last night they did deserve the win last night as they looked much sharper than us so not too many complaints. Our away form is really letting us down in Europe this year which is a pity. I blame the horrible away kit LOL. If Fergie can do it when United had that Grey kit than I can do it with this kit LOL. Only plus side is that our last game is at Anfield and that we still have a chance if we can beat Napoli, I think we'd have to do it by two goals due to the head-to-head thing so fingers crossed.

At least Milly scored from the spot so I had something to cheer LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    'Super Mario' in MLS? With the Philadelphia Union? Not so fast, my friend:

http://www.sportingnews.com/ca/socce...d12yis2twm1flz
    Hmm I can't see that happening but you never know. No smoke without fire I guess. Shame about his temperament/antics because he has/had some serious talent.

I've never read the book either, I have the film on DVD as my wife and I like Michael Sheen. No plans on reading the book though so yeah I'm curious as to what's so disgraceful about it myself.

''Super Mario'' in MLS...Huh that'd be interesting.

As for Liverpool, well even though I didn't like some of the antics from PSG last night they did deserve the win last night as they looked much sharper than us so not too many complaints. Our away form is really letting us down in Europe this year which is a pity. I blame the horrible away kit LOL. If Fergie can do it when United had that Grey kit than I can do it with this kit LOL. Only plus side is that our last game is at Anfield and that we still have a chance if we can beat Napoli, I think we'd have to do it by two goals due to the head-to-head thing so fingers crossed.

At least Milly scored from the spot so I had something to cheer LOL.
    Just think positively. At least your team is in Europe lol. Mine is in mid table mediocrity in the Championship lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Hmm I can't see that happening but you never know. No smoke without fire I guess. Shame about his temperament/antics because he has/had some serious talent.

Just think positively. At least your team is in Europe lol. Mine is in mid table mediocrity in the Championship lol.
    Well I'm not that down about it because we're doing well in the League and who knows what'll happen in the F.A. Cup once we enter. Just a bit disappointed with how we're doing away from Anfield in Europe this season, definitely beats being mid-table in the Championship though LOL. Still, in the spirit of being positive, it could be worse for you Fluffy, at least it looks like you're avoiding the dreaded double-relegation thing that happened to Sunderland.

As for Mario, yeah I remember when he signed. I was hoping we could get some decent performances from him because I knew we wouldn't get constistant (can't spell that word today so I hope you know what I meant LOL) from him but I was hoping for a bit more than what we got from him which wasn't much in the end.