Page 122 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2177

It's been an interesting weekend of football for me. I went to Stafford Rangers v Bamber Bridge on Saturday and saw them win 1-0. First game I've been to there this season and seen them win! Makes a nice change from losses and draws.

Yesterday I watched Swansea v Brentford in the FA Cup on TV, which was a proper "game of 2 halves". First half we were dreadful. Second half we were brilliant. What was our reward for reaching the FA Cup quarter finals? A home game against Man City. Great. Here are the quarter final fixtures...

Swansea City v Manchester City
    Watford v Crystal Palace
    Wolves v Manchester United
    Millwall v Brighton
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I know it's been a while since I last posted here so I'll start of by congratulating Man City on their league cup triumph. Apparently it's the first time they've ever retained a title as well.

Now that I've said that, Kepa from Chelsea needs to be rid of, you can't have a player show such blatant disrespect to not only to the Manager but his team-mates and the club as a whole. He needs to be left to train with the reserves until someone is crazy enough to buy him from them.

As for Liverpool, decent result against United though it does mean that as it currently stands than Liverpool simply HAVE to win every game between now and the end of the season, assuming City win all theirs also.

Anyhow, just my two cents, how is everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Manchester United paid Jose Mourinho and his staff £19.6m in compensation following his sacking in December.

Get a job, do badly, get sacked, become a millionaire. I chose the wrong career path lol.
    I think everyone on this forum did LOL.

Interesting decision by Brendan Rodgers to leave Celtic for Leicester at this stage of the season, hopefully from Leicester's perspective it works out.

Other than that, a good win for Forest over Derby last night though if I were a Forest fan who had a ticket for the match I'd have been gutted if I was late since the only goal of the game after two minutes LOL.

Leicester got a 2-1 win last night in the start of the Brendan Rodgers era, can't see Celtic fans being pleased with Brendan but clearly he got bored over the easiness that is the Scottish League if you're Celtic. Interested to see how he does at Leicester. Other than that it was nice to see Huddersfield win simply because they've had a rough season and I'm usually pleased when Rafa's Newcastle wins as I have a soft spot for him.

Big game for Liverpool tonight at Watford, I've got everything crossed that we can get the win tonight, other than that I'm hoping City slip up tonight and I'm interested to see if Kepa is dropped, as he should be, for tonight's game against Spurs for Chelsea.

Great win against Watford last night, and my favourite player Virgil Van Dijk got two. Could've done with City drawing last night but then the ref gave them a questionable penalty so...anyways, it was a good result for Liverpool last night. Pleased for Sarri that Chelsea won 2-0 as well after the drama over Kepa. Even more so considering that Spurs are rivals in the title picture.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Great win against Watford last night, and my favourite player Virgil Van Dijk got two. Could've done with City drawing last night but then the ref gave them a questionable penalty so...anyways, it was a good result for Liverpool last night. Pleased for Sarri that Chelsea won 2-0 as well after the drama over Kepa. Even more so considering that Spurs are rivals in the title picture.
    Hmm I like your optimism, but I can't see us pushing onwards.

Extraordinary Member

It's been an interesting weekend of football for me. I went to Stafford Rangers v Bamber Bridge on Saturday and saw them win 1-0. First game I've been to there this season and seen them win! Makes a nice change from losses and draws.

Yesterday I watched Swansea v Brentford in the FA Cup on TV, which was a proper "game of 2 halves". First half we were dreadful. Second half we were brilliant. What was our reward for reaching the FA Cup quarter finals? A home game against Man City. Great. Here are the quarter final fixtures...

Swansea City v Manchester City
    Watford v Crystal Palace
    Wolves v Manchester United
    Millwall v Brighton
    I'm not one to believe rumours, but I am starting to believe it may be fixed in favour of Citeh.

Could've done with City dropping points at Bournemouth today but they managed to get one past Bournemouth so...United won, which I'm never happy about LOL. Still, at least they're showing some fighting spirit for Solskjaer given that they were behind and won with a late winner I suppose LOL. Len will be pleased as not only did Tranmere get a 1-0 win at Exeter but they're back in the play-offs.

Swansea got a good 2-0 win today, albeit against 9 men but a win is a win. Leyton Orient I think are top of the National League again, Villa destroyed Derby 4-0 today with all the goals in the first half. That's about it from me. Except to say that I am nervously awaiting the Merseyside Derby tomorrow, it'd be typical if Everton get something against us when we need to beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Hmm I like your optimism, but I can't see us pushing onwards.
    Especially since they've dropped more points today, admittedly against Arsenal who're a pretty good side but yeah, I don't see Spurs in the title picture now realistically. They were the dark-horses if I'm honest, the only ones who could realistically take the title back down to London rather than have it remain up North.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I'm not one to believe rumours, but I am starting to believe it may be fixed in favour of Citeh.
    Well, given the form for United since Solskjaer took over there's a chance they may do it. In fairness to City, with the exception of United I'd expect them to beat every team that's left in the Cup. Good luck to Swansea though, hope they give a decent account of themselves if nothing else.

Extraordinary Member

...Been watching football from 07:30 in the morning to 22:00...

Is the Quadruple really on now for Manchester City with the draw in the Merseyside Derby? The media will be slating Liverpool for a missed opportunity.

Well, it was a near perfect weekend from City's perspective. Why the hell we played Henderson and then brought Lallana on I don't understand. We could've done with Shaqiri's magic today but he seems to have fallen out of favour for whatever reason, we also could've done with Keita's energy in midfield. Ah well, Everton defended well and had a few chances themselves so they deserve some credit.

Still a bloody frustrating result for Liverpool fans though LOL. As for the quadruple, well they are still in the F.A. Cup, Champions League and are top of the Premier League so it can't be ruled out quite yet. Ironically, the fact that they're going for the F.A. Cup and Champions League is actually giving me cause for optimism.

Also, Chelsea won 2-1 at Fulham with Kepa back in goal. Personally I wouldn't have played him.

Lol, imagine if Manchester City draw Liverpool in the Champions League like last season?

City won't do the quadruple this season. The FA Cup has Swansea's name on it
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by Twinlock51 View Post
    Lol, imagine if Manchester City draw Liverpool in the Champions League like last season?
    LOL. That'd be crazy. Hopefully there wouldn't be another incident with their team bus like last season but it'd be a hell of a round if it happened.

City won't do the quadruple this season. The FA Cup has Swansea's name on it
    I like your positivity Fluffy It'd be a hell of an upset if you managed it.