Page 123 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2177
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Anyone going to watch the Champions League tonight?

Yes, I will be watching my beloved Spurs try and just have a positive result/performance of some sort. I don’t want the season to end tonight.

Well, given they won the first game 3-0 I think they'll be alright tonight. Hope you enjoy the game Twinlock51, assuming my wife doesn't think of any last minute chores she wants me to do when she comes back from work I'll be watching it myself, least I can enjoy it as a neutral.

Spurs won 1-0 last night, surprise surprise the goalscorer was Harry Kane LOL. Though I believe Lloris had a cracking game and was their player of the match. Anyway, good result for Spurs to get them through 4-0 on aggregate. Ajax caused the upset of the night though by beating Madrid 4-1 at the Bernabeu, great for Ajax. At least we're guaranteed new winners of the Competition this year.

Other than that, Derby broke their 3-game losing streak by coming from behind to beat Wigan 2-1 last night, also if you haven't seen their equalising goal from last night I recommend you look it up it was awesome. Sunderland are in the Checkatrade Trophy final against Portsmouth after winning 2-0 last night. And...that's it I think except to say that Man Utd are playing PSG tonight in the Champions League.

Well, United turned things around last night in dramatic fashion with a 94th minute penalty (unfortunately LOL) so congrats to them.

Thanks for the good luck John Ossie. A fantastic hard fought win against the Bundesliga leaders and I hope that reignites our season.

Real Madrid are out and Ajax/Dutch football is on the way back. I thought PSG had gotten past these weaknesses and naivety, but obviously not. I think that might be Neymar gone. Although I think he is a Real Madrid player anyway, even if Real don’t actually get him. Mbappe should stay for a few years and the French leaders should look to build a European squad.

My favourites are Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Bayern Munich. With the Outsiders/Dark horses being Manchester City, simply because like PSG they lack European pedigree to be considered serious until they come through a “proper” team. They can win it in my opinion, but they need to face a Barcelona/Liverpool/Manchester United and come through it to really convince me. The Champions League has that different feeling to it. Of course I want Spurs to do something special, but I’m a Spurs fan. I dream, but I’m a realist.

Currently watching Europa League with Arsenal against Rennes, followed by Chelsea vs Dynamo Kiev. Hopefully they will both meet each other at some point in the competition.

That’s great that Sunderland are winning again. One of England’s oldest and successful clubs and I would love to see them back in the Premier League, sooner rather than later. I’ll seek out that Derby goal too.

Yeah my favourites are Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Bayern Munich as well. I know that means Liverpool getting knocked out by Bayern but I want us to concentrate on the Premiership so I wouldn't mind this year LOL.

As for Spurs, as long as Liverpool finish above them than I wish them well.

Yeah, the Derby goal is a beauty, they were comparing it to Giroud's goal from when he was at Arsenal. As for Sunderland, I'm pleased for their fans as they've had a rough couple of years with back-to-back relegations and god knows how many managerial changes. As for the Europa League, I'll check out the highlights as we're going to my wife's parents for their anniversary in a minute. Just about have enough time to post this LOL.

I don't think there were any other games from last night outside of the Champions League and outside of the Europa League I don't know of any other games, anyways good luck to fans of the teams that're in the Europa League tonight.
    Last edited by John Ossie; 03-07-2019 at 12:33 PM.

Chelsea had a good 3-0 win last night, Arsenal had a disappointing 3-1 loss last night. Though I'm sure Spurs fans will be pleased about Arsenal's result LOL.

Of course we will. I don’t understand Arsenal at all. They can put on a performance against Tottenham and “turn” up and then the very game let themselves down.

Extraordinary Member

WBA's board is ridiculous for sacking Big Darren. Would love to hear what FluffySheep thinks about it.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

The USL Championship started its season with its new name.

And the Indy Eleven started its new season with a loss to Saint Louis FC.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post

How is the quality of the league? Good crowds?

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    How is the quality of the league? Good crowds?
    Eh, it's top-heavy, attendance-wise, with teams like Sacramento, Indy, Louisville, and Phoenix carrying the load of the MLS reserve squads, who oftentimes can draw less than 500 people to a match. FC Cincinnati, which led the league in attendance, is now in MLS, so there will be a drop, even with an addition of 7 teams.

The play is competitive for American audiences, but for the international folk, it's probably gonna be scoffed at.

WBA's board is ridiculous for sacking Big Darren. Would love to hear what FluffySheep thinks about it.
    It looks like a nuts decision to sack a manager of a team in 4th place. I don't know if it's the owners expecting promotion this season and don't feel like Moore would pull it off? Their last 3 results haven't been great, including losing to Sheff Utd at home then getting battered 4-0 away at Leeds. Losing to promotion rivals certainly didn't help his cause, and then drawing at home to bottom of the table Ipswich wasn't great either. Still, it's really harsh to sack him. Birmingham made this mistake when they sacked Gary Rowett when he was around the top 6, and they dropped like a stone afterwards.

I just hope West Brom haven't got Graham Potter in their sights. Not that I'd blame him for leaving us to go there.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Liverpool got a much needed 4-2 win today against Burnley. Nice to see Firmino back and amongst the goals, Mane's first goal was a lovely top corner finish. Always nice to see United lose LOL. Chelsea got a late point against Wolves, 1-1 at home.

Now that's been done, bit concerning regarding the fans today. A fan running onto the pitch to punch Grealish right in the neck during the Birmingham-Villa derby. Scariest part is he could've easily had a knife on him. Only plus side is that Grealish went on to score the winning goal in a 1-0 win over Birmingham. A Hibs fan apparently confronted a Rangers player as well today but the news didn't show that.

Completely agree. Absolutely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinlock51 View Post
    Of course we will. I don’t understand Arsenal at all. They can put on a performance against Tottenham and “turn” up and then the very game let themselves down.
    That's Arsenal for you. Then again, they showed up today and beat United so I'm pleased with them this weekend for that, as I would be for any team who beat United LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post

Hope your team does well this season for you JDogindy.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    It looks like a nuts decision to sack a manager of a team in 4th place. I don't know if it's the owners expecting promotion this season and don't feel like Moore would pull it off? Their last 3 results haven't been great, including losing to Sheff Utd at home then getting battered 4-0 away at Leeds. Losing to promotion rivals certainly didn't help his cause, and then drawing at home to bottom of the table Ipswich wasn't great either. Still, it's really harsh to sack him. Birmingham made this mistake when they sacked Gary Rowett when he was around the top 6, and they dropped like a stone afterwards.

I just hope West Brom haven't got Graham Potter in their sights. Not that I'd blame him for leaving us to go there.
    I was thinking the same thing regarding Rowett with Birmingham. I genuinely do not understand why the hell they got rid of Darren. At least wait till the end of the season if you're not happy with being in the play-offs. Hell, even if they didn't finish in the top two they'd have a chance of being in the Premiership next season, absolutely ridiculous IMO. Ok, they may be having a bad run at the moment in the last few games but every team goes through slumps during the season.