Page 128 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2177
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Jesus! I've just seen it. He is acres offside! How the hell do they miss that
    Your guess is as good as mine. Even a soccer noob like me knew that was bad. That bogus call may have sealed Cardiff’s fate, as in being relegated.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

PHEW! That was too close for comfort! At least we won 2-1 today thanks to a late own goal, lesson of day though is don't play Henderson alongside Milner, they're too similar. Still, made up with the three points. Just need to keep winning and hope City slip up somewhere along the line.

Also, congrats to Portsmouth for winning the Checkatrade Trophy by beating Sunderland on penalties.

As for the Chelsea and Cardiff match, I'll comment on that tomorrow most likely since that's when I'll see the offside goal.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Neil Warnock and Cardiff got jobbed BIG time by the refs on that match tying goal as one of Chelsea’s players were offsides on that play. Wow! Don’t blame Warnock for having gone nuclear.
    Can't comment on it until I see Match of the Day 2 tonight but it sounds like typical refereeing decisions.

I've been out all day, so I've seen results as opposed to what actually happened in the games, but I'm not surprised Cardiff got dodgy decisions go against them. The bigger teams always get the decisions. It happened for Man City against Swansea in the cup the other week. Man City got a dodgy penalty and an offside goal. Even Pep couldn't believe it. I think the bottom 3 in the Premiership are sorted now, which is good news because next season the South Wales derby will be back!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I've been out all day, so I've seen results as opposed to what actually happened in the games, but I'm not surprised Cardiff got dodgy decisions go against them. The bigger teams always get the decisions. It happened for Man City against Swansea in the cup the other week. Man City got a dodgy penalty and an offside goal. Even Pep couldn't believe it. I think the bottom 3 in the Premiership are sorted now, which is good news because next season the South Wales derby will be back!
    I saw the Old Firm match. Morelos is a bit silly. He reacted too easily and got sent off for Rangers.

And yeah Cardiff were robbed.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    And Mark Chapman on MOTD2 tried to get the whole ''these decisions even themselves out during the course of the season'' myth going last night LOL, because I realised a long time ago that that's just not true. After watching MOTD2 last night I can now safely say that Cardiff were indeed robbed because not only was the goal clearly offside, it wasn't even close like the commentator said, but Rudiger should've been sent off for denying a goal-scoring opportunity.

Whether Cardiff are in the Championship are not we'll soon find but one thing is for certain Fluffy. You'll be playing Huddersfield Town again next season.

I saw the Old Firm match. Morelos is a bit silly. He reacted too easily and got sent off for Rangers.

And yeah Cardiff were robbed.
    Yeah, Morelos seems to be one of those players were he'll score goals for fun for you but he'll get himself suspended quite regularly. Can only imagine how many goals he'd have if he could keep his discipline. Must drive Stevie G mad at times.

No surprises in last night's 2-0 win for Arsenal over Newcastle last night. They seem to be on a bit of a roll as of late or is it just me?

Swansea got a much needed 3-0 win at home to Brentford last night. We've got another game in hand over the teams around us, so hopefully we'll win that too.

Fulham's relegation was also confirmed last night. Also pleased to see Wolves beat Man United lol.

Great result for you Fluffy, not gonna lie I had you down to lose last night (not on a bet just mentally) so that's great for you. It'd be nice for you if your team can finish relatively strong ahead of next season. I see that Pulis' Middlesbrough team lost again as well last night, 1-0 at home against Bristol City.

And yeah, Fulham were relegated last night. Comprehensively beaten so they went down with a ''whimper'' as the journalists will call it. Commiserations to their fans, they must be looking forward to the final day of the season just to get it over with.

You weren't the only one pleased to see that Wolves beat Man Utd last night LOL. Especially since United actually took the lead as well.

Other than that, Len will be gutted as his team missed out on an opportunity to go to within 1 point of Bury last night by losing 2-0 at Oldham after having previously won their last 7 games. What'll be more disappointing to him is that Bury also lost last night, 3-0 at home against Cambridge. Good job Tranmere still have that game in hand LOL.

Oh, and DebkoX will be interested to know that Leyton Orient lost 2-1 last night, good job they're still top of the league LOL.

That's it as far as last night's games are concerned from me. As for tonight, I'll be rooting for Cardiff as they have to play Man City. Realistically I expect them to lose, and quite comfortably if I'm honest. Spurs will be looking to take advantage of United losing last night when they host Crystal Palace tonight in the first ever game in their brand new Stadium. Chelsea will be looking to keep on the pressure on Arsenal and Spurs when they play Brighton tonight as well at Stamford Bridge.

Also, it'll be interesting to see if Sunderland can bounce back from their disappointment at Wembley when they go to Accrington Stanley tonight.

I think that's it for tonight. Unless there's any other teams anyone would like to mention?

Just had a quick look at the scores, City are unfortunately 2-0 up with about 15 minutes to go, Spurs are currently 1-0 up and Chelsea are winning 3-0. Sunderland look like they're about to bounce back from a disappointing result at Wembley as they're currently 2-0 up against Accrington Stanley. Rangers are beating Hearts 3-0 with Celtic leading 1-0 in their match.

Big night tomorrow night for Liverpool at Southampton. Fingers crossed we get the win we need.

Extraordinary Member

Our new gaff looks class. Pressure on LIVERPOOL! now

Our new gaff looks class. Pressure on LIVERPOOL! now
    The pressure will certainly be on tonight but it's still Man City's to lose

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    The pressure will certainly be on tonight but it's still Man City's to lose
    ...and Southampton are winning. Squeaky bum time.

Extraordinary Member

Right. Liverpool aren't giving up easily.

Good win at Southampton, even if we did have to come back from behind. Can't believe I'm saying this but...Henderson made a big difference when he came on. And despite the assist for the equaliser, Alexander-Arnold had an unusually disappointing performance. On the whole though it was a decent performance, good come back and nice to see Salah get a goal.

In other news, Frosinone got three big points against Fiorentina today in their relegation battle, 1-0. I won £1.53 thanks to Rangers beating Motherwell 3-0 today LOL. City and Watford will be playing in the F.A. Cup final, I know Fluffy will be disappointed for Wolves but from a neutrals perspective it sounds like a cracking game. At least Swansea got another win, this time over Tony Pulis' Middlesbrough side by 3-1.

Besides that...Everton beat Arsenal, doing United, Spurs and Chelsea a big favour and...Maidstone United got relegated from the National League.

I think that's it for now...

Except to say that it's been a bad weekend in terms of the racism stories doing the rounds following the incidents at the grounds this weekend.