Page 129 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2177

Good win for the Swans on Saturday. That game had banana skin written all over it with Middlesbrough having lost 5 games in a row (I think). It's looking like we'll be getting the mid table finish that was expected. If we finish between 8th and 12th I'll be pleased.

Good to see Liverpool win and keep the title race going. Gutted Wolves blew it at Wembley. Fair play to Watford though.

Bit of Welsh Premier League news. Barry Town qualified for the Europa League and Llandudno got relegated.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

It's looking good for your 8-12 position after a quick glance at the table Fluffy.

Congrats to Barry Town on their qualification for the Europa League, would be nice to see a Welsh side in the Europa League group stage next season. Commiserations to Llandudno on their relegation, hopefully for their fans they'll have a better season next year even if they don't get promoted straight back up.

Meanwhile, as I type this it's half-time between Chelsea and West Ham with Chelsea 1-0 up thanks to Eden Hazard. Some speculation today about him going to Real Madrid with Sky even mentioning us in terms of people going in for him. Doubt it'd happen especially since he's not a free agent until next year as far as I'm aware but it would make me LOL just because I know it'll annoy some of my Chelsea supporting colleagues.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    It's looking good for your 8-12 position after a quick glance at the table Fluffy.

Congrats to Barry Town on their qualification for the Europa League, would be nice to see a Welsh side in the Europa League group stage next season. Commiserations to Llandudno on their relegation, hopefully for their fans they'll have a better season next year even if they don't get promoted straight back up.

Meanwhile, as I type this it's half-time between Chelsea and West Ham with Chelsea 1-0 up thanks to Eden Hazard. Some speculation today about him going to Real Madrid with Sky even mentioning us in terms of people going in for him. Doubt it'd happen especially since he's not a free agent until next year as far as I'm aware but it would make me LOL just because I know it'll annoy some of my Chelsea supporting colleagues.
    I think if Chelsea don't make the Champions League, he'll be off. He might be off anyway, but Chelsea need Champions League at a minimum to keep him. If Barca offload Coutinho this summer, then they might go for him as well as Real Madrid. I wouldn't be surprised if Pogba moves this summer as well, so that could determine who gets Hazard. All speculation of course.

Swansea v Stoke tonight. I want the 3 points but even more so, I just want to beat Stoke lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I think if Chelsea don't make the Champions League, he'll be off. He might be off anyway, but Chelsea need Champions League at a minimum to keep him. If Barca offload Coutinho this summer, then they might go for him as well as Real Madrid. I wouldn't be surprised if Pogba moves this summer as well, so that could determine who gets Hazard. All speculation of course.

Swansea v Stoke tonight. I want the 3 points but even more so, I just want to beat Stoke lol.
    Andi it'd keep Swansea's momentum going as well

Extraordinary Member

Petrified. Can see Citeh mauling us....

Well, DebkoX, your fears weren't justified tonight as you beat them 1-0 thanks to Son. Though I'm sure you'll be hoping Kane's injury isn't serious. I'm guessing you'll also be pleased to hear that Leyton Orient are top of the National League following a 3-2 win over Eastleigh.

Liverpool got a good 2-0 win over Porto, with the added bonus of feeding the clean sheet monster that is Virgil Van Dijk LOL. Though Porto fans will have a thing to say about Salah's tackle I'm sure as well as their penalty appeal in the first half.

Other than that...Swansea kept their momentum going with 3 more points (and goals LOL) against Stoke, Leeds are back in the top two after a 2-0 win at Preston, Sunderland are in the automatic promotion places after a 1-1 draw against Burton and Macclesfield won their game in hand 3-2 against Exeter to get out of the bottom two.

Oh and England Ladies beat Spain Ladies 2-1 in a friendly tonight as part of their warm-up for the World Cup.

There were other games but those seem to be the highlights.

I'm so glad we beat Stoke on Tuesday. That's 3 wins in a row now for us. It'll be good to finish the season in good form, so just got to keep it going. We had some good news come out of the club today, which makes a change...

Swansea City's academy has escaped being downgraded as part of a bid to cut costs at the Championship club.

Swansea have had notable success with their youth system in recent years, with seven academy graduates in Graham Potter's first team this season.

Four of Wales' starting line-up for last month's win over Slovakia - including highly-rated winger Daniel James - were products of the system.

That's good news regarding your academy, Fluffy.

I'm hoping Chelsea wear themselves out tonight, no matter what the score, as they have to play us next in the league.

Arsenal v Napoli should be a cracking game for the neutral though.

I won't find out until tomorrow morning though so it'll give me something to look up before I head to work.

Well I was pleasantly surprised last night. Chelsea struggled to grind out a win 1-0 and Arsenal could and should of scored more in a 2-0 win. This makes it all the more fascinating the team selections for the next two matches across the competitions for the likes of ManCity, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal & ManUtd.

Yeah Arsenal and Chelsea, particularly Arsenal, got good results last night. Also pleased for that young lad who plays for Benfica, apparently he's the youngest player to get a European hat-trick or something? Either way he had a great night.

Only thing is, of course, is about the news of the Chelsea supporters who were videotaped singing ''Salah is a bomber'', I'm sure Chelsea won't be pleased about that. At least their security spotted them and prevented them from attending the match but it's not exactly a nice thing to hear.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah Arsenal and Chelsea, particularly Arsenal, got good results last night. Also pleased for that young lad who plays for Benfica, apparently he's the youngest player to get a European hat-trick or something? Either way he had a great night.

Only thing is, of course, is about the news of the Chelsea supporters who were videotaped singing ''Salah is a bomber'', I'm sure Chelsea won't be pleased about that. At least their security spotted them and prevented them from attending the match but it's not exactly a nice thing to hear.
    I won't say what I think of them here...

Good start for us. Waking up at 07:00 is killing me, but worth it for a goal by big Victor.

Extraordinary Member

Well, DebkoX, your fears weren't justified tonight as you beat them 1-0 thanks to Son. Though I'm sure you'll be hoping Kane's injury isn't serious. I'm guessing you'll also be pleased to hear that Leyton Orient are top of the National League following a 3-2 win over Eastleigh.

Liverpool got a good 2-0 win over Porto, with the added bonus of feeding the clean sheet monster that is Virgil Van Dijk LOL. Though Porto fans will have a thing to say about Salah's tackle I'm sure as well as their penalty appeal in the first half.

Other than that...Swansea kept their momentum going with 3 more points (and goals LOL) against Stoke, Leeds are back in the top two after a 2-0 win at Preston, Sunderland are in the automatic promotion places after a 1-1 draw against Burton and Macclesfield won their game in hand 3-2 against Exeter to get out of the bottom two.

Oh and England Ladies beat Spain Ladies 2-1 in a friendly tonight as part of their warm-up for the World Cup.

There were other games but those seem to be the highlights.
    I saw your scoreline and thought eek. If we do beat City, our next game will be just as hard.

Extraordinary Member

Liverpool game giving me the nerves. Don't want Chelsea to win and would love to see the title race go right to the wire.

Extraordinary Member

Salah....how?!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Mo Salah is a beast!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!