Page 13 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Linfield are 1-0 up and playing away at La Fiorita in San Marino tonight. Biggest shock of that is that Roy Carroll is in goal for Linfield!

Edit: AND David Healy is there manager! Some blasts from the past there.
    How old is Carroll now? He must be at the tail-end of his career now. I thought he retired after leaving Notts County. As for Healy, I vaguely remember him...Can't quite place him though LOL.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Bloody Roy Carroll. I'll never forget THAT goal. I was there. Everyone in the ground knew that it had crossed the line. What a clown.

Last edited by WillieMorgan; 07-04-2017 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Bloody Roy Carroll. I'll never forget 'that' goal that never was. I was there. Everyone in the ground knew that the ball had crossed the line.

Second rate clown.
    He was one of the best goalkeepers I've ever seen in a Man Utd. shirt. Second only to Taibi

Nice seeing you again WillieMorgan. It's been a little while, you alright?

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Nice seeing you again WillieMorgan. It's been a little while, you alright?
    Thanks John. I got a new job working for RBS in Manchester city centre and, although it's been a good crack and the money's decent, it's pretty much taken over my life.

I've got another month to mull it over but I may use the extra cash generated to re-start my match-going days. My mate at works a season ticket holder at OT and I might start going with him.

I hear that. There're times my job takes over my life too. Sucks when that happens LOL.

It'll be a while before I can even think about going to Anfield again unfortunately (for me). Still, I've got the Anfield bar with my mates in the meantime.

How do you feel about what Man Utd. are doing (or not doing) in the transfer market thus far?

How do you feel about what Man Utd. are doing (or not doing) in the transfer market thus far?
    Even though I dislike Mourinho, I'm relatively happy with the way United are developing overall. I knew they'd get nowhere near the League title last season and if you'd told me that they'd win 2 major trophies at the end of that year last August then I'd have bitten your hand off! It felt a lot better winning the Europa League than anticipated, simply because United had never won it before. They've won every trophy that they can play for now.

I get the impression that Woodward is hardly a dab hand when it comes to transfer dealings. That said, I expect there to be at least a couple of major signings (including Morata) before the season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    I get the impression that Woodward is hardly a dab hand when it comes to transfer dealings. That said, I expect there to be at least a couple of major signings (including Morata) before the season starts.
    I read today that he's gone to New Zealand to watch the Lions. That's not to say he can't work and sort out deals but it doesn't give off a good impression. Everyone's entitled to a holiday though I suppose.

TNS are winning 2-0!!!!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

TNS are winning 2-0!!!!

They'll be dancing on the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight!!

Extraordinary Member

Healy scored the winner against England for NI in 2007 right?

IIRC Yeah he did. I remember that game as well, I remember thinking how crap England were that night and how much NI deserved to win.

Also, has the TNS game finished yet? They were 3-1 up last I checked. Also, horrible night for Rangers fans as they lost 2-0 to a team from Luxembourg losing 2-1 on aggregate.

TNS are through! Amazing for them. I'm pleased for Linfield too. Playing Celtic will be huge for them. Hibs went through last night as well, so a good night for British teams, apart from Rangers lol.

Michael Keane to Everton for 30 Mill.......Ake to Bournemouth for 20 Mill..Crazy prices
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

TNS are through! Amazing for them. I'm pleased for Linfield too. Playing Celtic will be huge for them. Hibs went through last night as well, so a good night for British teams, apart from Rangers lol.
    Yeah, what makes it worse for Rangers fans is that the team that knocked them out are a bunch of part-timers (except for a few). And is it the Scottish Hibs that went through? I thought I'd heard somewhere that there was another team called Hibernian in Europe.

But yeah, well done to TNS and Linfield.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Michael Keane to Everton for 30 Mill.......Ake to Bournemouth for 20 Mill..Crazy prices
    I thought Keane was 25 mil? Either way it is still a hefty sum of money. Same goes for Ake.

Yeah, what makes it worse for Rangers fans is that the team that knocked them out are a bunch of part-timers (except for a few). And is it the Scottish Hibs that went through? I thought I'd heard somewhere that there was another team called Hibernian in Europe.
    You are correct, it was Hibernians who went through, who are from Malta!

You are correct, it was Hibernians who went through, who are from Malta!
    Ah right ok. Didn't know they were from Malta but I'd heard that there was another team called Hibernian in Europe. Oh and apparently Crusaders went through as well so congrats to them (I think they're an Irish team?)