Page 131 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2177

Man City going out of a tournament to a VAR goal? From a Swansea fan, that's karma
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Man City going out of a tournament to a VAR goal? From a Swansea fan, that's karma
    Heh, I'd forgotten about that. I've yet to see it so I can't comment on whether or not it was the correct decision though.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Heh, I'd forgotten about that. I've yet to see it so I can't comment on whether or not it was the correct decision though.
    I haven't either. Llorente got it too, an ex Swan lol.

Ajax v Tottenham should be a good game. Liverpool have an enormous task ahead of them against Barcelona.

As for the Man City v Tottenham game, I've now seen the highlights and the VAR was right. Aguero was in an offside position when he received the ball before passing it to Sterling and as for Llorente's goal it looks like it's hit his hip more than anything. Course that's just my POV. I didn't really care who won between them as it was the Champions League but I WILL be rooting for Spurs in the Premier League match.

Good results for Arsenal and Chelsea last night so they're through to the Semis of the Europa League along with Valencia and I think Frankfurt are through as well.

Plenty of games in the lower divisions today due to it being Good Friday so good luck to those teams.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Good results for Arsenal and Chelsea last night so they're through to the Semis of the Europa League along with Valencia and I think Frankfurt are through as well.

Plenty of games in the lower divisions today due to it being Good Friday so good luck to those teams.
    It'll be quite impressive if the Champions League and the Europa League finals end up being all English ties.

Swansea v Rotherham today. Need a win after getting battered by QPR last weekend but Rotherham are fighting for survival, so it'll be a tough game.

It'd get the press hyped that's for sure. Wait and see what happens but I'd be genuinely surprised if Liverpool got past Barcelona. The first time I've really doubted us in the Champions League this year.

You got your win Fluffy, great game for the neutral with it being 4-3 though I'm sure you'd have preferred it if they didn't get that 3rd goal when they were 4-2 down so you could've relaxed at the end. Still, it looked like it was a cracking game for the neutral.

Stoke also lost so it's two good results for you today on Good Friday.

Also, Bolton are officially relegated to League One after losing to Villa who've now won 9 games in a row and Bradford are officially relegated to League Two after losing to Coventry by the same scoreline so commiserations to their fans.

And Derby let me down as they're the only team I picked that didn't win today, so far at least since Sunderland are playing Doncaster right now. Hoping that Sunderland fail to win so I feel a bit better about losing my pound

Disappointed that Spurs couldn't find at least an equalising goal against City yesterday, would've put a bit less pressure on Liverpool to get the win against Cardiff. Ah well, hopefully we'll win today.

Other than that, Newcastle are basically safe after beating Southampton 3-1 yesterday with Perez getting his first Newcastle hat-trick. And Luton edge closer to promotion after beating Accrington 3-0 yesterday.

I was surprised to hear that Red Bull might be appointing Thierry Henry as their next manager given how badly he did with Monaco.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

With Juventus having captured the Serie A title, Ronaldo is now a champion in the top tiers of English, Spanish and now Italian football. I don’t know if anyone else can make that claim.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I went to watch Stafford Rangers v South Shields yesterday. Good game to watch. Stafford were 1-0 up until injury time and conceded a penalty, so it finished 1-1. Good result though seeing as South Shields were 2nd in the league and still going for promotion.

Swansea had a good win against Rotherham. Far from perfect but we got the points.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    With Juventus having captured the Serie A title, Ronaldo is now a champion in the top tiers of English, Spanish and now Italian football. I don’t know if anyone else can make that claim.
    I've been trying to think of other players who have done it in recent years. Can't think of any off the top of my head. Zlatan Ibrahimovic won the Dutch, Italian, Spanish and French leagues, but not the Premiership.

Big three points today at Cardiff with goals from Wijnaldum and a penalty from Milner (BTW, it WAS a penalty despite what Sky were trying to make out LOL) Man Utd got thrashed 4-0 at Everton today, happy with that but I hope they do a lot better against City LOL. Big win for Palace at Arsenal today, Tottenham fans must be sighing with relief with how the results have gone today as far as their Champions League aspirations for next year is concerned.

Also, Liverpool Women won 5-2 today against Bristol Women. So it's a good day to be a supporter of Liverpool teams today. Just hope Fabinho is okay after the knock he took today which led to him being replaced by Milner.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Can't think of any.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I went to watch Stafford Rangers v South Shields yesterday. Good game to watch. Stafford were 1-0 up until injury time and conceded a penalty, so it finished 1-1. Good result though seeing as South Shields were 2nd in the league and still going for promotion.

Swansea had a good win against Rotherham. Far from perfect but we got the points.
    Yeah, the Swansea match must've a belter for the neutrals with it being 4-3. And I'm glad you enjoyed the Stafford match and yeah if I were a Stafford fan I probably would've took 1-1 before the game given where South Shields are in that league.

Good result for Burnley yesterday getting a 2-2 draw at Stamford Bridge. The weekend turned out not too bad for Spurs despite their loss to City on Saturday with Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal all dropping points. A 1-0 win for Swansea as well.

I don't think there were any relegations or promotions yesterday. Ah well, some games on tonight so we'll see how that goes.

Oh, it turns out that Lincoln did win the League Title after drawing 0-0 with Tranmere and Mansfield couldn't beat Oldham, so congrats to Lincoln City on a 2nd promotion as Champions in three years (with a cup inbetween).

Cardiff fans would've been pleased last night with Tottenham who did them a big favour by beating Brighton 1-0. Shane Long's quick fire goal, 7 seconds, ended up only being enough for a 1-1 draw at Watford last night. If I were a Southampton fan I'd be a bit gutted that they couldn't go on to win after taking such an early lead though I guess they may've took the point at the start of the game. Big three points for Accrington Stanley last night with a 2-1 away win.

And, I can't believe I'm about to type this but...COME ON UNITED!

Feel dirty now LOL.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

https://www.uslchampionship.com/news...e/show/1015190

The Indy Eleven are one signature away from getting a MLS-quality stadium, which may help them become the 30th team in the league, as virtually everyone agrees that Sacramento & St. Louis are frontrunners for expansion after Miami and Austin enter the league.

Though, even I think 30 teams in Major League Soccer is a bit much.