Page 132 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2177

Good win for Wolves last night. Bet Spurs can't believe they're still 3rd in the table since losing to City. Man United have lost their last 2 games, Arsenal have lost their last 2 games and Chelsea have lost and drawn. As much as pains me to say it though, I think the league is Man City's now.

Funny how Man Utd's form has dipped since Ole signed his permanent contract. I said at the time it felt like a risk. Still does!

Stafford Rangers won away at Nantwich Town on Monday, which has guaranteed their survival! I would've liked to go the final game of the season at home to Matlock Town on Saturday but I'm watching Endgame. I am considering getting a season ticket for Stafford Rangers for next season. The early bird offer runs until June 30th, so I've got time to decide.
    Last edited by FluffySheep; 04-25-2019 at 05:10 AM.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member

Having to stream the semi tomorrow from an airport...

And then the second leg lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Good win for Wolves last night. Bet Spurs can't believe they're still 3rd in the table since losing to City. Man United have lost their last 2 games, Arsenal have lost their last 2 games and Chelsea have lost and drawn. As much as pains me to say it though, I think the league is Man City's now.

Funny how Man Utd's form has dipped since Ole signed his permanent contract. I said at the time it felt like a risk. Still does!

Stafford Rangers won away at Nantwich Town on Monday, which has guaranteed their survival! I would've liked to go the final game of the season at home to Matlock Town on Saturday but I'm watching Endgame. I am considering getting a season ticket for Stafford Rangers for next season. The early bird offer runs until June 30th, so I've got time to decide.
    Good to support your local team!

Well Swansea's season came to an end today. I said at the start of the season that I'd be happy with an 8th to 12th finish, and we finished 10th, so can't complain. What Graham Potter has done this season is nothing short of a miracle. He hasn't been backed by the owners and with a young, threadbare squad he's managed to give us a top 10 finish. Amazing. Just hope he stays this summer and the owners actually back him this time.

Stafford Rangers finished 14th and the majority of their first team will be staying on for next season, so all good there too.

Man United have missed out of the top 4 today as well. I said it before, but since Ole signed that permanent contract, things have not gone well for them.

After Arsenal's draw with Brighton, the top 4 teams are pretty much decided now. The order of them will depend on results on the final day of the season.

Oh, and Cardiff got relegated

What Liverpool managed to do against Barcelona last night was unbelievable. Easily up there with the greatest comebacks of all time. Without Firmino and Salah as well. Fair play. I'm sure John will be over the moon.

Extraordinary Member

I am very nervous for the game....

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I am very nervous for the game....
    I don't blame you, but it is definitely winnable.

Football, bloody hell.

Seriously Liverpool has one of the greatest comebacks ever, and Tottenham might have managed to top it just a day later.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Extraordinary Member

Great week for football. A LOT TO process.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

A lot's happened since I lasted posted here so here's a brief summary of what I would've posted.

Congrats to Norwich and Sheffield United on their promotions back to the Premier League, particularly to Norwich since they did it by winning the Championship. Congrats to Luton and Barnsley for their promotion to the Championship, particularly to Luton for doing by winning League One. Congrats to MK Dons, Bury and Lincoln for their promotion to League One. particularly to Lincoln for doing by winning League Two. Congrats to Leyton Orient and Salford for their promotion to League Two, particularly to Leyton Orient for doing it by winning the National League.

Commiserations to Cardiff, Fulham and Huddersfield for their relegation to the Championship. Commiserations to Rotherham, Ipswich Town and Bolton Wanderers for their relegation to League One. Commiserations to Walsall, Plymouth, Scunthorpe and Bradford for their relegation to League Two. And finally, commiserations to Notts County and Yeovil for their relegation to the National League.

Also, if you'd told me at the start of the season that Liverpool would finish second with a total of 97 points, with 1 loss, 7 draws and 30 victories as well as the best defensive record in the Premier League as well as the Golden Glove as well as 2 of the 3 Golden Boot winners as well as the PFA Player of the Year I would've snatched your hands off for that. Though I am disappointed that we couldn't capitalise on the period where we gained a 7 point gap (the 10 point gap was only as long as we played one more game than City).

Having said that, congrats to Man City for retaining the Premier League.

Also, I hear Brighton are interested in bringing in Graham Potter to replace Chris Hughton. I'm sure FluffySheep will have something to say about that. Other than that, I'm just waiting for 1st June now for the Champions League Final and hope that Liverpool can finally land a trophy so it can go from being a ''Good'' season to a ''Great'' season.

Hope all is well John. Noticed you'd been absent for a bit.

With all the promotions and relegations you mentioned. Walsall going down to League 2 was quite disappointing for me. It's a club not that far away from me and I've been there to see Swansea play before, so it's a shame to see them go down.

Swansea have rejected Brighton's approach for Potter but if he wants to go, it'll happen. He signed up to Swansea for the project of rebuilding the club with youth and bringing back the brand of football the fans wanted, but he definitely hasn't been backed by the owners. If they won't back him this summer, I wouldn't blame him for leaving. It'd be another project at Brighton for him because from what I've heard, Hughton was playing some boring football, so he'd have to turn that around into something more exciting. The lure of the Premiership and not being backed by our owners will probably push him to leave. He should hold on though because I reckon other jobs may come up that he's suited to.

Yeah I'm fine thanks, work has been hectic recently thanks to Theresa May. Won't bore anyone with the details but the Government has asked us to implement some changes that has caused a lot of disruption to our work, that and I had to go back and forth to London for a bit. To say I've been up the wall would be an understatement but it's done now at least.

Walsall's relegation made my mate Len laugh his head off. Andy Cook was a former Tranmere player, left after Tranmere got promoted (he did score the first of their goals when they won 2-1) and well, now they've been relegated and Tranmere are at Wembley again.

As far as Brighton is concerned, another thing he'd (or anyone else) would have to turn around would be the age thing since they seem to be an aging squad from what I hear so he'll (or anyone else) have to sort that out a bit as well. As for Potter, well I hope from your POV he stays as he seems to be doing a good job there from what I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    What Liverpool managed to do against Barcelona last night was unbelievable. Easily up there with the greatest comebacks of all time. Without Firmino and Salah as well. Fair play. I'm sure John will be over the moon.
    And I was, to say I would've made a very excitable post at that time would be an understatement LOL.

Extraordinary Member

Derby making Leeds sweat tonight.
    The CL final is going to be amazing, but we first have the FA cup final on Saturday.

Extraordinary Member

It looks like a Portsmouth fan kicked a Sunderland player who fell in the crowd. I cannot be sure, but it looks like that. Bit of a police issue going on.