Page 134 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2177
    Extraordinary Member

I'm hoping for a Chelsea win...

No bias!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Was hoping for Derby to go up so we could pinch Grealish.
    I think you're best bet might be in the Summer of 2020 since I've heard he wants to spend at least one year in the Premiership with his childhood team, Aston Villa. I was quite neutral regarding that game but I would've been pleased for Harry Wilson, who is on loan at Derby, had they won.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Well I'm disappointed that Newport didn't get promoted. I was fairly neutral in the Charlton v Sunderland game but I am pleased Charlton went up as it's another match in London that I could potentially go to when they play Swansea. I'm pleased Villa went up. I was getting a bit fed up with the media going over the top with how great Frank Lampard is throughout the season.

Potter has left Swansea for Brighton, so we're currently managerless. Hoping our new chairman pulls another good manager out of the bag.

UEFA Cup final tonight. I'd much prefer Arsenal to win, so fingers crossed.
    I'm a neutral tonight but I'd say Arsenal will be the favourites given all the...''unhappiness'' in the Chelsea camp that there seems to be right now. Gutted for you regarding your Manager, especially since he did a good job last year. Good luck in getting a good replacement for him. As for Frank, I think even he got a bit annoyed with the press asking him more about Chelsea than Derby towards the end of the season.

As for Newport, well my mate Len is obviously chuffed. And since they're a local-ish team I'm happy for them, I'm sure Newport will do well next year.

I'm hoping for a Chelsea win...

No bias!
    LOL Of course there isn't just like I have no bias when I say I want Liverpool to win in the Champions League Final.

Well, Chelsea proved me wrong LOL. I fancied Arsenal for it but Chelsea won, comfortably too in the end, by 4-1. What makes it worse for the Gunners is that Giroud got one as well. All in all, not too bad a season for Sarri in the end LOL.

Also, big game is on tonight for Liverpool so fingers crossed my team can finish the season on a high and not as runners-up in two competitions.

Extraordinary Member

Goes without saying, but, I hope we win tomorrow. Either way, even saying "Spurs are in a champions league final" is bizarre and sounds strange!

Arsenal were pants against Chelsea. Their defence needs some serious overhauling over the summer.

I'm pretty much neutral for the Champions League final, but if I was to favour a side, I'd lean slightly towards Spurs. That's mainly because I had a really good save on Football Manager with them years ago lol. Plus they've never won the Champions League, whereas Liverpool obviously have.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Well, obviously I'm made up with yesterday's result, 2-0 win with goals from Salah and Origi with Van Dijk being named man-of-the-match and Becker pulling of some great saves. Kings of Europe once again!

Extraordinary Member

Very painful defeat. We showed no creativity and although we played better, we didn't get the ball in the net. Congrats to Liverpool. Whilst I am disappointed with our loss, I am happy for Liverpool. Reaching two consecutive CL finals and coming behind City is the mark of an elite team.

And the press can stop banging on about Klopp's supposed ''curse'' over Cup Finals LOL. Fingers crossed we can take it to the next level next season and overtake City, not that it's going to be easy of course.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    And the press can stop banging on about Klopp's supposed ''curse'' over Cup Finals LOL. Fingers crossed we can take it to the next level next season and overtake City, not that it's going to be easy of course.
    I hope you will. I read somewhere that you have some big transfer plans.

Yeah, the transfer rumour mill has begun LOL.

Speaking of transfers, sounds like West Ham have been busy already. They've already sold Fernandes to Mainz and are apparently looking at Fenerbache's Left-Back as well.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, the transfer rumour mill has begun LOL.

Speaking of transfers, sounds like West Ham have been busy already. They've already sold Fernandes to Mainz and are apparently looking at Fenerbache's Left-Back as well.
    And they sold Perez. They are making early moves.

Ah yeah, I forgot about that one.

Also, I think it's worth mentioning Jose Reyes, formerly of Arsenal and Sevilla, who died in a car crash. R.I.P. to him and condolences to his family and friends.

Extraordinary Member

Ah yeah, I forgot about that one.

Also, I think it's worth mentioning Jose Reyes, formerly of Arsenal and Sevilla, who died in a car crash. R.I.P. to him and condolences to his family and friends.
    Agreed. RIP to not only him, but also those he was driving with.

Agreed. RIP to not only him, but also those he was driving with.
    I wasn't aware anyone else had died. But I agree, R.I.P. to them also.

Awful news regarding Reyes. He was a good player at Arsenal. 35 is no age. RIP.

The Champions League final certainly wasn't a classic but fair play to Liverpool for getting the result out of it. I don't think Spurs should've started Kane. They should've stuck with the team that beat Ajax, but I'm no tactical genius so maybe Poch saw something in the Liverpool side that needed a different team facing them.

Anyone planning on watching the Women's World Cup? I'll watch as much of it as I can. Looking forward to the opening game on Friday.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"