Page 135 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2177
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I'll watch as much of the Women's World Cup that I can, depending on how busy work gets. I'm due to be in Manchester for a few days over the weekend so hopefully the accommodation that I'll be staying in will have a decent tv unlike last time LOL.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I'll watch as much of the Women's World Cup that I can, depending on how busy work gets. I'm due to be in Manchester for a few days over the weekend so hopefully the accommodation that I'll be staying in will have a decent tv unlike last time LOL.
    I will try to fit it in, but rather busy with work commitments and dissertation work.

I recall that you're not a massive follower of the Three Lions, but will you be watching the Nations League? If Kane starts again vs Van Dijk, it will be madness.

I still don't fully understand how these Nations League fixtures/tables work. Seemed like a silly way of doing it when they first announced it, so I haven't been bothered to try and work out how it works lol.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I still don't fully understand how these Nations League fixtures/tables work. Seemed like a silly way of doing it when they first announced it, so I haven't been bothered to try and work out how it works lol.
    I have no idea but apparently, England is in the semifinals.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I have no idea but apparently, England is in the semifinals.
    Semifinals for qualifiers? Does this mean the winners of the final qualify for the tournament? What about everyone else? I need to read up on this lol.

Extraordinary Member

Semifinals for qualifiers? Does this mean the winners of the final qualify for the tournament? What about everyone else? I need to read up on this lol.
    I think it is the semi-finals of the entire thing aha! So England are in the actual semis...

I think?

I think it is the semi-finals of the entire thing aha! So England are in the actual semis...

I think?
    I just had a quick look. The Nations League was set up to replace international friendlies, and kinda/sort of is part of the Euro 2020 qualifiers. Still doesn't make sense lol.

Extraordinary Member

I just had a quick look. The Nations League was set up to replace international friendlies, and kinda/sort of is part of the Euro 2020 qualifiers. Still doesn't make sense lol.
    I see it as an easy way for England to win a trophy aha, and even that we cannot guarantee. The good thing is that weaker teams such as Moldova and San Marino play against each other as opposed to against the bigger teams. It will help them in the long-run.

I will try to fit it in, but rather busy with work commitments and dissertation work.

I recall that you're not a massive follower of the Three Lions, but will you be watching the Nations League? If Kane starts again vs Van Dijk, it will be madness.
    I'll tape it since Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Henderson and Alexander-Arnold might take part in it but not really a follower of Three Lions no. Same for the women's game but to be fair there's not going to be any football on the tele soon so it's a case of getting my football fix I suppose LOL.

Speaking of women's football, the Welsh Ladies will be taking on the New Zealand ladies tonight apparently.

Also, I'll probably tape Portugal v Switzerland as well just because of Shaqiri.

Extraordinary Member

I'll tape it since Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Henderson and Alexander-Arnold might take part in it but not really a follower of Three Lions no. Same for the women's game but to be fair there's not going to be any football on the tele soon so it's a case of getting my football fix I suppose LOL.

Speaking of women's football, the Welsh Ladies will be taking on the New Zealand ladies tonight apparently.

Also, I'll probably tape Portugal v Switzerland as well just because of Shaqiri.
    I could see Switzerland winning.

Sturridge and Moreno today left Liverpool. If Sturridge has any fitness, we should be looking at him.

Hopefully Switzerland will beat Portugal, if only because Shaqiri is playing.

Best wishes to Sturridge, and I thank him for the memories. Particularly between January 2013 and May 2014 which was his peak period at the club, as well as the goals he scored two years back during our run to the Europa League final as well as the goal he scored in the final even though we lost. His best moment last season turned out to be his goal for the club when he scored an equaliser against Chelsea in September. Hope he does well wherever he ends up as I do like the lad, just such a shame about his injury problems.

As for Moreno, about time we got rid of him. The Europa League final should've been his last game for the club, he did NOT deserve a Champions League medal but at least we're shut of him now. Nothing personal, just that he wasn't good enough as a FB IMO.

Other than Liverpool I've heard Eriksen has hinted that he could be moving with his comments about ''maybe wanting to try something new'' today as well as Jagielka leaving Everton after 12 years of service. Two players that'd make a good signing for whoever got them, in Eriksen's case that's assuming he does of course leave though apparently he only has one year left on his contract? In Jagielka's case it's confirmed he's leaving.

Oh, one last thing, the Wales Women's team beat New Zealand's Womens team 1-0 last night. So, something for you to cheer Fluffy.

Extraordinary Member

Hopefully Switzerland will beat Portugal, if only because Shaqiri is playing.

Best wishes to Sturridge, and I thank him for the memories. Particularly between January 2013 and May 2014 which was his peak period at the club, as well as the goals he scored two years back during our run to the Europa League final as well as the goal he scored in the final even though we lost. His best moment last season turned out to be his goal for the club when he scored an equaliser against Chelsea in September. Hope he does well wherever he ends up as I do like the lad, just such a shame about his injury problems.

As for Moreno, about time we got rid of him. The Europa League final should've been his last game for the club, he did NOT deserve a Champions League medal but at least we're shut of him now. Nothing personal, just that he wasn't good enough as a FB IMO.

Other than Liverpool I've heard Eriksen has hinted that he could be moving with his comments about ''maybe wanting to try something new'' today as well as Jagielka leaving Everton after 12 years of service. Two players that'd make a good signing for whoever got them, in Eriksen's case that's assuming he does of course leave though apparently he only has one year left on his contract? In Jagielka's case it's confirmed he's leaving.

Oh, one last thing, the Wales Women's team beat New Zealand's Womens team 1-0 last night. So, something for you to cheer Fluffy.
    Portugal go through with a typical Ronaldo hat-trick. Now it is up to England to beat Holland...

Something I can see but also cannot!

Moreno was horrendous! So many errors.

And yes, looks like Eriksen is gone. Could be a Bale-moment. We can use the potential money to build a midfield with depth, or we can waste it! I hope that we do not waste it. He does have one year and is said to have turned down 200k a week. I think we could use him for one more season but, of course, this means he goes for free. In an ideal world, he stays for this season, signs a short extension and we sell him for big £££ next year.

Jags leaving is sad. Possibly return to Sheffield for one final season?

Congrats to the Welsh!

Shame Wales didn't qualify for the World Cup. Doubt I'll ever see the mens team at a World Cup in my lifetime, so it would've been nice to see the woman make it at least.

News out Swansea today...

Wales winger Daniel James is set to complete a move to Manchester United after agreeing a fee worth around £18m with Swansea City.

James, 21, is expected to finalise the switch ahead of Wales' Euro 2020 qualifier in Croatia on Saturday.

The deal will see United pay around £15m up front for the twice-capped international with the remainder in add-ons.

Good money for us and I'm pretty pleased with the deal. I would've preferred him to stay obviously but he was always going to end up the Premiership in the near future. I'm not sure Man Utd is the right choice for him though. He could easily get lost there and end up out on loan in a season or 2. I hope it works out for him though.

Extraordinary Member

Shame Wales didn't qualify for the World Cup. Doubt I'll ever see the mens team at a World Cup in my lifetime, so it would've been nice to see the woman make it at least.

News out Swansea today...

Wales winger Daniel James is set to complete a move to Manchester United after agreeing a fee worth around £18m with Swansea City.

James, 21, is expected to finalise the switch ahead of Wales' Euro 2020 qualifier in Croatia on Saturday.

The deal will see United pay around £15m up front for the twice-capped international with the remainder in add-ons.

Good money for us and I'm pretty pleased with the deal. I would've preferred him to stay obviously but he was always going to end up the Premiership in the near future. I'm not sure Man Utd is the right choice for him though. He could easily get lost there and end up out on loan in a season or 2. I hope it works out for him though.
    Do you think it is too early for him to go to United?

Do you think it is too early for him to go to United?
    I just think of players like Nick Powell, who did really well at Crewe but wasn't given many chances at United and it ending up stunting his career. He ended up out on loan 3 times and now plays for Wigan. Same with the half a million youngsters that Chelsea signed and loan out left, right and centre. I hope it doesn't end the same way for Dan James. A mid to bottom end Premiership team would've seen him play more regularly, which then could've earned him a move to a top 6 side, demanding more of a first team role. If he'd gone to a team like Newcastle for example, he'd probably play at least every other game. I'm no football manager though, so who knows lol.