Page 136 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2177
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I just think of players like Nick Powell, who did really well at Crewe but wasn't given many chances at United and it ending up stunting his career. He ended up out on loan 3 times and now plays for Wigan. Same with the half a million youngsters that Chelsea signed and loan out left, right and centre. I hope it doesn't end the same way for Dan James. A mid to bottom end Premiership team would've seen him play more regularly, which then could've earned him a move to a top 6 side, demanding more of a first team role. If he'd gone to a team like Newcastle for example, he'd probably play at least every other game. I'm no football manager though, so who knows lol.
    I've always been a fan of Powell. Very tidy player who does well at the lower leagues.

I am baffled as to why we didn't make a move for James.

Come on England!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Portugal go through with a typical Ronaldo hat-trick. Now it is up to England to beat Holland...

Moreno was horrendous! So many errors.

And yes, looks like Eriksen is gone. Could be a Bale-moment. We can use the potential money to build a midfield with depth, or we can waste it! I hope that we do not waste it. He does have one year and is said to have turned down 200k a week. I think we could use him for one more season but, of course, this means he goes for free. In an ideal world, he stays for this season, signs a short extension and we sell him for big £££ next year.

Jags leaving is sad. Possibly return to Sheffield for one final season?

Congrats to the Welsh!
    Don't care about the England match that much (shocker I know LOL) but as long as no Liverpool player gets injured I'll be okay I suppose LOL. Unfortunately for Shaqiri, Ronaldo got a hat-trick. Ah well LOL.

As for Moreno, I agree wholeheartedly. I'm just glad he's gone now. As for Jagielka, I was speculating yesterday with my mates about him going back to Brammall Lane. Wait and see I suppose. As for Eriksen, I guess it's another case of ''wait and see'' I guess, with this being Summer there's going to be loads of rumours though so it'll be hard to know which ones to take seriously.

Shame Wales didn't qualify for the World Cup. Doubt I'll ever see the mens team at a World Cup in my lifetime, so it would've been nice to see the woman make it at least.

News out Swansea today...

Wales winger Daniel James is set to complete a move to Manchester United after agreeing a fee worth around £18m with Swansea City.

James, 21, is expected to finalise the switch ahead of Wales' Euro 2020 qualifier in Croatia on Saturday.

The deal will see United pay around £15m up front for the twice-capped international with the remainder in add-ons.

Good money for us and I'm pretty pleased with the deal. I would've preferred him to stay obviously but he was always going to end up the Premiership in the near future. I'm not sure Man Utd is the right choice for him though. He could easily get lost there and end up out on loan in a season or 2. I hope it works out for him though.
    15m up front with add-ons is quite the deal for James. Assuming new manager is given even half of that it should be enough to build a decent squad for next season. As for him being sent out on loan, well he mightn't since Solskjaer seems to want United to have a younger squad and seems to be thinking ahead in that regards but if he does go out on loan he could end up back in Swansea.

As for the Welsh women, well at least they managed something the England Ladies couldn't since the England Ladies lost 1-0 to them LOL.

I've always been a fan of Powell. Very tidy player who does well at the lower leagues.

I am baffled as to why we didn't make a move for James.

Come on England!
    I always wonder whether players like Powell and now James could turn out even better than they did if they hadn't gone to a club like United so early on.

Reckon Spurs might be holding out to bring Bale back?

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    15m up front with add-ons is quite the deal for James. Assuming new manager is given even half of that it should be enough to build a decent squad for next season. As for him being sent out on loan, well he mightn't since Solskjaer seems to want United to have a younger squad and seems to be thinking ahead in that regards but if he does go out on loan he could end up back in Swansea.

As for the Welsh women, well at least they managed something the England Ladies couldn't since the England Ladies lost 1-0 to them LOL.
    Yeah it's a good deal. Apparently we're "£30m in the hole" according to the owners, which I still think is hard to believe, so that £15m will disappear no doubt. They might surprise me and give some of it to the new manager though.

Ole will no doubt want young, hungry players who want to impress, which is what United need with the amount of lazy mercenaries they've got. James will definitely stay at United for this season, but if he isn't ripping up the league, I can see them loaning him out the season after. He's now the second most expensive Wales player ever though lol.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member

As both a Spurs and England fan, this week has been brutal.

Extraordinary Member

I always wonder whether players like Powell and now James could turn out even better than they did if they hadn't gone to a club like United so early on.

Yeah it's a good deal. Apparently we're "£30m in the hole" according to the owners, which I still think is hard to believe, so that £15m will disappear no doubt. They might surprise me and give some of it to the new manager though.

Ole will no doubt want young, hungry players who want to impress, which is what United need with the amount of lazy mercenaries they've got. James will definitely stay at United for this season, but if he isn't ripping up the league, I can see them loaning him out the season after. He's now the second most expensive Wales player ever though lol.
    Have you got a new gaffer in yet?

I can't see us going for Bale. He will be too expensive and injury prone. In all truth, our future isn't looking so good at the moment. I feel like we have peaked.

Well, I wish Swansea all the best for you next season Fluffy, since you can't finish above Liverpool or beat us in the league LOL. But yeah, United have a lot of work ahead of them by the looks of it, hopefully they'll go down this season (I know it won't happen but a guy can dream right?)

As for Bale, I've personally felt that he was always over-rated and I don't think it'd help Spurs that much if he came back but that's just me. And hey, at least you can say you're club had the second most expensive Welsh player I suppose.

Also, I am SOOOOO devastated right now LOL. England lost 3-1 after extra time to the Netherlands.

Have you got a new gaffer in yet?

I can't see us going for Bale. He will be too expensive and injury prone. In all truth, our future isn't looking so good at the moment. I feel like we have peaked.
    Nope. Still no new manager. The "leading contender" has changed about 8 times since the job became available. I might apply myself lol.

I would say that Spurs had to win this Champions League final because the chances of them making another one soon seems slim. I like Spurs as a club so I'd like to see them win things but Poch will only put up with no new players for so long before he's off.

Well, I wish Swansea all the best for you next season Fluffy, since you can't finish above Liverpool or beat us in the league LOL.
    There's always the cups lol.

Extraordinary Member

Nope. Still no new manager. The "leading contender" has changed about 8 times since the job became available. I might apply myself lol.

I would say that Spurs had to win this Champions League final because the chances of them making another one soon seems slim. I like Spurs as a club so I'd like to see them win things but Poch will only put up with no new players for so long before he's off.

You could probably do a better job!

I can see this being our final season with Poch. Likely that OSG is sacked, and Poch agrees to go to United.

I can see this being our final season with Poch. Likely that OSG is sacked, and Poch agrees to go to United.
    Yeah I don't see Ole at United beyond next summer. I knew as soon as he was given a permanent contract it will all go to pot for them. With teams like Wolves and Everton having money to spend, United had best be careful they don't finish outside of the top 6, let alone the top 4.

In other football related news, I've just printed out the Women's World Cup wall chart for my office at work

Given Liverpool's recent history with the cups in the last decade I wouldn't rule out an upset victory if you did get us but of course if we did get each other in the cup/s we'd demolish Swansea on our way to lifting the trophy/ies

In fairness, Potter seemed to do a good job last season, unfortunately from Swansea's POV he's gone to Brighton now.

Yeah I don't see Ole at United beyond next summer. I knew as soon as he was given a permanent contract it will all go to pot for them. With teams like Wolves and Everton having money to spend, United had best be careful they don't finish outside of the top 6, let alone the top 4.

In other football related news, I've just printed out the Women's World Cup wall chart for my office at work
    Well, the French ladies got of to a good start, 3-0 win over Korea Republic. Haven't seen it but I've just checked the score so I'm sure they're pleased today. As for Ole at United, well I wouldn't complain if United had a mediocre season again lol.

Well, the French ladies got of to a good start, 3-0 win over Korea Republic. Haven't seen it but I've just checked the score so I'm sure they're pleased today. As for Ole at United, well I wouldn't complain if United had a mediocre season again lol.
    It's only half time and they're 3-0 up. I put a bet on France to win 3-0 so they need to ease off in the second half lol. South Korea have been awful. France are just walking through them.

My mistake I thought it said full-time. But yeah, 3-0 at half-time is still pretty good and I'd be surprised if they threw that away. Good luck for your bet Fluffy.

An 85th minute corker just cost me my bet. Ah well.

An 85th minute corker just cost me my bet. Ah well.
    At least it was a corker. Sorry about your bet though, hope you didn't lose too much.