Page 137 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2177
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I do have some transfer news. Ashley Williams is leaving Everton at the end of the month, Ryan Sessegnon has told Fulham he will not be signing the contract offer and Eden Hazard is joining Real Madrid. Apparently the Hazard transfer is for 88m with the fee set to rise to 130m.

Crewe have signed a winger called Darren Powell on a 2-year deal, Arsenal have confirmed the players to leave the club this summer, with Petr Cech, Aaron Ramsey, Danny Welbeck and Stephan Lichtsteiner on the list.
    Cohen Bramall, Julio Pleguezuelo and Charlie Gilmour will also depart with the expiration of their contracts. Adam Bogdan and Conor Randall will join Daniel Sturridge and Albert Moreno out of the door from Liverpool in the summer. Tottenham have, unsurprisingly IMO, named Llorente as part of their summer releases this season.

That's all the most interesting transfers I've heard of today anyhow LOL.

Also, Republic of Ireland scored a late equaliser in Denmark to draw 1-1 in their European Qualifier tonight. No real shocks in the other qualifiers tonight.

And last but not least, New York City won 5-2 tonight at home against Cincinnati.

Swansea better not try and bring Ashley Williams back. I'd have Llorente back though lol.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Just seen the bad news that Justin Edinburgh has died.

Leyton Orient manager Justin Edinburgh has died at the age of 49.

The former Tottenham, Portsmouth and Southend player was taken to hospital on Monday after a cardiac arrest. and died six days later.

"We are completely heartbroken by this tragedy," Orient chairman Nigel Travis told the club website.

Edinburgh, who won the FA Cup with Spurs, led Orient to the National League title this season as well as to the FA Trophy final.

Very sad news. RIP.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I do have some transfer news. Ashley Williams is leaving Everton at the end of the month, Ryan Sessegnon has told Fulham he will not be signing the contract offer and Eden Hazard is joining Real Madrid. Apparently the Hazard transfer is for 88m with the fee set to rise to 130m.

Crewe have signed a winger called Darren Powell on a 2-year deal, Arsenal have confirmed the players to leave the club this summer, with Petr Cech, Aaron Ramsey, Danny Welbeck and Stephan Lichtsteiner on the list.
    Cohen Bramall, Julio Pleguezuelo and Charlie Gilmour will also depart with the expiration of their contracts. Adam Bogdan and Conor Randall will join Daniel Sturridge and Albert Moreno out of the door from Liverpool in the summer. Tottenham have, unsurprisingly IMO, named Llorente as part of their summer releases this season.

That's all the most interesting transfers I've heard of today anyhow LOL.

Also, Republic of Ireland scored a late equaliser in Denmark to draw 1-1 in their European Qualifier tonight. No real shocks in the other qualifiers tonight.

And last but not least, New York City won 5-2 tonight at home against Cincinnati.
    Ashley WIlliams was god awful from what I recall.

Say, anyone catching the womens World Cup? The game between Germany and China was a lot of fun!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post

The former Tottenham, Portsmouth and Southend player was taken to hospital on Monday after a cardiac arrest. and died six days later.

"We are completely heartbroken by this tragedy," Orient chairman Nigel Travis told the club website.

Edinburgh, who won the FA Cup with Spurs, led Orient to the National League title this season as well as to the FA Trophy final.

Very sad news. RIP.
    I am really upset to hear this. Orient are very close (geographically) to me and I used to see a lot of their games before university. It is an absolute shame and it is horrendous news. So young.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Ashley WIlliams was god awful from what I recall.

Say, anyone catching the womens World Cup? The game between Germany and China was a lot of fun!
    I watched France v South Korea and I watched Norway v Nigeria. France and Norway were by far the better teams in those games. I'm enjoying what I've seen so far. Definitely will be watching England v Scotland tomorrow.

I just watched the second half of Australia v Italy. So annoyed Italy won. They were constantly getting caught offside, going down easily, time wasting etc. Just like the men's team lol. Australia will feel robbed.

Swansea better not try and bring Ashley Williams back. I'd have Llorente back though lol.
    Watch, they'll get Williams but let someone else get Llorente LOL.

Very sad news. RIP.
    Agreed, beat me to it. Didn't realise he was that bad, I knew he'd been taken in but...well, condolences to his family and friends.

I didn't catch the Germany game but I've seen Italy v Australia, Norway v Nigeria, Spain v South Africa and England v Scotland. Been a good world cup so far from what I've seen even if the lineswomen are incredibly slow in getting their flags up.

I just watched the second half of Australia v Italy. So annoyed Italy won. They were constantly getting caught offside, going down easily, time wasting etc. Just like the men's team lol. Australia will feel robbed.
    I agree that they went down a lot and constantly offside. Still, promising performance from Australia's point of view.

Only other bits of gossip that I have is that England won a penalty shoot-out against Switzerland (the men that) with Pickford of all people getting the winning penalty after a 0-0 draw. And Danny Rose has said that Tottenham might let him leave due to his age, which is odd given he's only 28 LOL.

I watched Brazil v Jamaica earlier as well. Brazil look pretty good.

Disappointed for Scotland after how well they played in the second half. After getting one I though they'd go on to get another but it wasn't to be.

I'll probably miss the Argentina v Japan game tomorrow but I'll try and watch Canada v Cameroon.

Yeah I caught the Brazil game later on. Brazil were a bit wasteful with the exception of Cristiane IMO and I was hugely impressed with Schneider, the Jamaican goalkeeper. But yeah, Jamaica never posed a threat really so 3-0 was probably about right.

Speaking of international games, big night for Wales at Hungary, Scotland should lose at Belgium IMO I just don't see them getting anything from the game even in a honeymoon period like they will be with Steve Clarke as their new manager. And I think Republic of Ireland are at Belarus tonight as well. Firmino scored last night for Brazil in a 7-0 win, and Venezuela beat USA 3-0 with Rondon getting two of them to become his Country's record goal-scorer.

Spurs are apparently interested in a Japanese Right-Back called Hiroki Saiki from Marseille, apparently Leicester have made a bit for Januzaj, apparently the two Manchester teams are going to head-to-head for Maguire from Leicester. United are also rumoured to be considering going in for Lloris to replace De Gea this summer. Jonjoe Kenny has signed for Schalke on loan from Everton. Villa have signed Anwar El Ghazi on a 4-year deal from Lille. West Ham are in talks to sign Marseilles midfielder Morgan Sanson though apparently they face competition from Wolves and Newcastle. Scottish club Hibernian have signed a midfielder from Rotherham called Joe Newell. Liam Delap, son of Rory Delap from Stoke, is apparently close to signing for Manchester City from Derby County's Academy. Griezmann could be joining PSG with Cavani going to Ateletico Madrid as part of the deal according to ''Report''

According to the Star Liverpool are going to abandon a pursuit for Moussa Dembele following the end of season form from Divock Origi. And according to the Mirror we're also willing to let Harry Wilson leave for 21m with Southampton, Newcastle and Brighton all apparently keen on signing him. Yet according to the Echo, Klopp wants to give Wilson a chance in the first team LOL. Oh, and Real Madrid are apparently willing to offer Gareth Bale to United as they want Paul Pogba.

That's all I've got for now LOL.

Extraordinary Member

I watched Brazil v Jamaica earlier as well. Brazil look pretty good.

Disappointed for Scotland after how well they played in the second half. After getting one I though they'd go on to get another but it wasn't to be.

I'll probably miss the Argentina v Japan game tomorrow but I'll try and watch Canada v Cameroon.
    I was at work so caught a little of the Japan and Argentina game. Feel like Japan missed a good chance, but it bodes well for England to see rivals dropping points.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Yeah I caught the Brazil game later on. Brazil were a bit wasteful with the exception of Cristiane IMO and I was hugely impressed with Schneider, the Jamaican goalkeeper. But yeah, Jamaica never posed a threat really so 3-0 was probably about right.

Speaking of international games, big night for Wales at Hungary, Scotland should lose at Belgium IMO I just don't see them getting anything from the game even in a honeymoon period like they will be with Steve Clarke as their new manager. And I think Republic of Ireland are at Belarus tonight as well. Firmino scored last night for Brazil in a 7-0 win, and Venezuela beat USA 3-0 with Rondon getting two of them to become his Country's record goal-scorer.

Spurs are apparently interested in a Japanese Right-Back called Hiroki Saiki from Marseille, apparently Leicester have made a bit for Januzaj, apparently the two Manchester teams are going to head-to-head for Maguire from Leicester. United are also rumoured to be considering going in for Lloris to replace De Gea this summer. Jonjoe Kenny has signed for Schalke on loan from Everton. Villa have signed Anwar El Ghazi on a 4-year deal from Lille. West Ham are in talks to sign Marseilles midfielder Morgan Sanson though apparently they face competition from Wolves and Newcastle. Scottish club Hibernian have signed a midfielder from Rotherham called Joe Newell. Liam Delap, son of Rory Delap from Stoke, is apparently close to signing for Manchester City from Derby County's Academy. Griezmann could be joining PSG with Cavani going to Ateletico Madrid as part of the deal according to ''Report''

According to the Star Liverpool are going to abandon a pursuit for Moussa Dembele following the end of season form from Divock Origi. And according to the Mirror we're also willing to let Harry Wilson leave for 21m with Southampton, Newcastle and Brighton all apparently keen on signing him. Yet according to the Echo, Klopp wants to give Wilson a chance in the first team LOL. Oh, and Real Madrid are apparently willing to offer Gareth Bale to United as they want Paul Pogba.

That's all I've got for now LOL.
    Wow! I still think Liverpool should try for Dembele.

Saiki would be good for us, but surely spells the end for Trippier or Aurier.

Not sure why Leicester would want Januzaj...

This could be another stroke of genius by Swansea. We do tend to get managers right most of the time (minus Brad Bobley).

World Cup-winning England Under-17 coach Steve Cooper is set to be appointed Swansea City manager.

Cooper is understood to have agreed terms with Swansea having been offered the chance to succeed Graham Potter, who left to take over Brighton and Hove Albion.

The Welshman, 39, impressed during two interviews with the Championship club.

Reading through that BBC article, he's worked in Liverpool's academy with Raheem Sterling, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Ben Woodburn and He led an England side featuring Phil Foden and Jadon Sancho to victory in the Under-17 World Cup in 2017.

He should have some decent contacts, so I'm pretty pleased.
    Last edited by FluffySheep; 06-11-2019 at 01:08 AM.

Wow! I still think Liverpool should try for Dembele.

Saiki would be good for us, but surely spells the end for Trippier or Aurier.

Not sure why Leicester would want Januzaj...
    Well, assuming these reports are accurate I'm not sure why Leicester would want him either, as for Saiki I'd say it'd spell the end for Trippier out of the two personally and as for Liverpool going for Dembele? Who'd we drop? Salah? Firmino? Mane? They're all three quality strikers who will surely lead the line against next season and I'd doubt Dembele would want to be coming of the bench so with all due respect to Dembele, we don't really need him if I'm honest unless Klopp was thinking about making him play in the Coutinho role then I'd be happy with that but as far as I know he's primarily a striker? Anyhow, that's just my thoughts on the rumoured thing about Dembele.

This could be another stroke of genius by Swansea. We do tend to get managers right most of the time (minus Brad Bobley).

World Cup-winning England Under-17 coach Steve Cooper is set to be appointed Swansea City manager.

Cooper is understood to have agreed terms with Swansea having been offered the chance to succeed Graham Potter, who left to take over Brighton and Hove Albion.

The Welshman, 39, impressed during two interviews with the Championship club.

Reading through that BBC article, he's worked in Liverpool's academy with Raheem Sterling, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Ben Woodburn and He led an England side featuring Phil Foden and Jadon Sancho to victory in the Under-17 World Cup in 2017.

He should have some decent contacts, so I'm pretty pleased.
    Good luck with Steve Cooper if he does get appointed as manager.

I do have more transfer gossip though.

Barcelona are apparently closing in on signing 15-year old Louie Barry from West Brom
    Swindon Town have signed Adam May from Portsmouth on loan
    Coutinho and Barcelona are ''actively looking to move Coutinho on'' according to Spanish papers with PSG apparently leading the way
    West Ham are in talks to sign Villareal midfielder Pablo Fornals for 25m
    Navas is to leave Real Madrid as Zidane has settled on Courtois as his number one goalkeeper apparently
    Paulo Fonseca is the new manager of Roma
    According to the Daily Mail, PSG are increasingly confident of signing Ajax CB De Ligt
    Jan Oblak apparently wants to leave Atletico Madrid and is apparently interested in a move to Man Utd
    My mate Len will be gutted as his favourite player, James Norwood who scored 30 goals last season to help Tranmere to get promoted to League One last season has joined fellow League One newboys Ipswich Town, for free as well.

That's all the goss I have for now, though Fluffy did beat me to it regarding Swansea LOL.