Page 140 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2177

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Latest transfer gossip that I have is as follows

- According to the S*n, Manchester United are going to try and ''hijack'' Antoine Griezmann's move to Barcelona by coming in for him at the eleventh hour. They're apparently looking to capitalise on Barcelona's delay and are willing to offer 95m for him.
    - Juve chief apparently in London for Paul Pogba.
    If United do end up getting Griezmann, Pogba is definitely going I reckon. However, I don't think United will get Griezmann lol.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member

Australia with an amazing win! Missed the China and South Africa game due to Sky messing up (diverting attention), but I hear it was dull.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    By the by, that’s South Africa. And that one goal for China is still standing as the 80th minute is near.
    Yeah...I was hoping no-one would pick up on my blunder Still, one goal ended up being enough for China.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    If United do end up getting Griezmann, Pogba is definitely going I reckon. However, I don't think United will get Griezmann lol.
    I think Pogba is gone either way frankly.

Well, Scotland have been knocked out of the World Cup with a game to spare, losing 2-1 again this time to Japan. And Italy beat Jamaica quite comfortably by 5-0. Didn't see either of the games due to work so I can't comment on whether the scorelines were a fair reflection of the games or not though. Ah well, back in time for England v Argentina at least.

Latest Transfer gossip.

- Sarri is due to be announced as the new Juventus manager in the coming days and will sign a 3-year deal according to reports.
    - Leicester's 90m valuation of Harry Maguire has put a hold on Manchester City's interest in him according to Daily Mail.
    - According to Daily Mirror, Romelu Lukaku is edging closer to a move to Inter Milan.
    - According to Daily Mail, Sheffield United are amongst the clubs interested in Antonio Valencia after he was made a free agent this summer.
    - According to Daily Mirror, Tottenham could be due to break their transfer record twice this season with the potential signings of Giovani Lo Celso and Tanguy Ndombele.
    - According to The S*n, Stoke City are lining up Joe Hart as a replacement for Jack Butland.
    - According to the Scottish S*n, Lyon are poised to join the race for Celtic's Olivier Ntcham.
    - According to Sky, Jonathan Woodgate is to be named the new Middlesbrough Manager today.
    - Bradford City have signed their sixth player this summer as they announce on their twitter page that they've signed Adam Henley, another defender.
    - According to Sky Sports, Aston Villa have joined the race for Jack Butland. Though it's believed that Stoke want 20m for him.
    - According to Marca, Real Madrid are on the verge of making another signing, this time 18-year old Takefusa Kubo, a Japanese striker who's been dubbed ''the Japanese Messi'' from Tokyo FC
    - According to Bild, Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny has emerged a surprise target for Borussia Dortmund.
    - West Ham have announced the signing of Pablo Fornais from Villareal on a 5-year deal.
    - MK Dons have announced the signing of Regan Poole.
    - James Morrison, who is a free agent this summer is being linked with Blackburn, Bristol City and Reading.
    - Adrien Rabot has held talks with Juventus as his contract with PSG expires on the 1st July.
    - QPR have signed goalkeeper Liam Kelly.
    - Partick Thistle have signed Lewis Mansell.
    - Newport County have completed the signing of CB Lazar Stojsavljevic from Woking on a 2-year deal.
    - Crawley Town have completed signing of Nathan Ferguson on a 3-year deal from Dulwich Hamlet.
    - According to CalcioMercato, Tottenham and West Ham are interested in AC Milan's Suso who apparently has a 35m release clause.
    - Lee Wallace has joined QPR on a 2-year deal after his contract at Rangers expired.
    - According to Sky Sports, Brighton have contacted Genk in regards to their Captain Leandro Trossard who is winger.

And that's all the gossip I've got for today LOL.

According to The S*n, Stoke City are lining up Joe Hart as a replacement for Jack Butland.

Joe Hart at Stoke lol. How the mighty have fallen.

England are making hard work of Argentina.

Tell me about it (re: Joe Hart) but that's assuming that the trash paper is correct.

As for the England Ladies, they managed to get a goal thanks to Jodi Taylor who I remember did quite well at Euro 2017, I think I'm right in saying she was the Golden Boot of the tournament? Or close to it at least. Anyhow, she has her first goal of the World Cup and England have qualified for the knock-out stage after winning 1-0.

Extraordinary Member

Well, Scotland have been knocked out of the World Cup with a game to spare, losing 2-1 again this time to Japan. And Italy beat Jamaica quite comfortably by 5-0. Didn't see either of the games due to work so I can't comment on whether the scorelines were a fair reflection of the games or not though. Ah well, back in time for England v Argentina at least.
    I'm surprised that Scotland are out. Are they not meant to be a pretty big team in womens football?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    According to The S*n, Stoke City are lining up Joe Hart as a replacement for Jack Butland.

Joe Hart at Stoke lol. How the mighty have fallen.

England are making hard work of Argentina.
    Never been a fan of Hart. Too cocky and arrogant without the talent to back it up. Will never forget him trying to put off Balotelli at the 2012 Euros and Balotelli scored lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I'm surprised that Scotland are out. Are they not meant to be a pretty big team in womens football?
    Well, whether or not they are it is a shame for them. Hopefully they can end the World Cup on a high by beating Argentina.

Scotland do have a slim chance of going through. They'll need to be one of the 4 best 3rd placed teams. Basically, they'll have to hammer Argentina and hope 2 of the other 3rd placed teams end up with less points.

I didn't realise that was the rule, Fluffy. Thanks for the correction, at least Scotland still have a chance.

Speaking of the Women's World Cup, the Dutch have definitely qualified since they beat Cameroon 3-1. Didn't see the game so I can't comment on whether it was a fair result or not. Canada will be playing New Zealand later on at 8.

I don't have that much transfer gossip today but here it is.

- Man United are apparently interested in signing Issa Diop from West Ham with Sky Sources claiming it could cost them 45m for the defender.
    - According to Sky Germany, Mats Hummels is in ''advanced talks'' about a return to Borussia Dortmund from Bayern Munich.
    - Huddersfield have signed a free agent. Midfielder Tommy Elphick, on a 2-year deal.
    - West Ham have had a 29m bid for Celta Vigo striker Maxi Gomez accepted. So have Valencia.
    - West Ham have also made a 13m bid for Eibar defender Joan Jordan.
    - And finally, according to the Mirror, Manchester United are confident of reaching a 25m agreement for midfielder Sean Longstaff from Newcastle.

Extraordinary Member

I don't have that much transfer gossip today but here it is.

- Man United are apparently interested in signing Issa Diop from West Ham with Sky Sources claiming it could cost them 45m for the defender.
    - According to Sky Germany, Mats Hummels is in ''advanced talks'' about a return to Borussia Dortmund from Bayern Munich.
    - Huddersfield have signed a free agent. Midfielder Tommy Elphick, on a 2-year deal.
    - West Ham have had a 29m bid for Celta Vigo striker Maxi Gomez accepted. So have Valencia.
    - West Ham have also made a 13m bid for Eibar defender Joan Jordan.
    - And finally, according to the Mirror, Manchester United are confident of reaching a 25m agreement for midfielder Sean Longstaff from Newcastle.
    West Ham making some really good moves. Diop to United seems random. Surely they'd better use that cash for Maguire?

Extraordinary Member

Soccer Aid as ever is great fun.