Page 2 of 146 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Little bit of transfer news, just incase there's any Hearts fans out there. Hearts have signed a striker called Cole Stockton from Tranmere, my mate Len will be gutted LOL.

I've just found out about it myself InvisibleMan. Very sad news to hear. R.I.P Cheick Tiote. Thoughts are with his family and friends.

In memory of Cheick Tiote.

https://youtu.be/IB_5E6BMXt8

RIP Cheick Tiote. Awful news, especially at his age.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

RIP Cheick Tiote
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

I'm still figuring out what spurs need to win the title.
    They have someone who can score 20 goals or more a season, a world class goalkeeper, watertight defence, goal scoring midfielders.
    There's squad depth but maybe a reliable back up to Kane might turn things around?
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

BANNED

Liverpool look to be spending some coin this summer, hopefully land some desired targets

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    They have someone who can score 20 goals or more a season, a world class goalkeeper, watertight defence, goal scoring midfielders.
    There's squad depth but maybe a reliable back up to Kane might turn things around?
    I think Spurs' problem was grinding out wins in games when they weren't at their best. They lost less games than Chelsea but drew too many. I agree that a decent back up to Kane is needed though. I've not looked at their results but it'd be interesting to see how many games they drew/lost around the time Kane was injured.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

BANNED

we have a NASL (3rd tier here in the US) team that just started locally this season, 2nd home game is this Friday night - went to the 1st one, that was fun

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Locally, I follow the Philadelphia Union (MSL), and they've been an average team at best. Internationally, I'm somewhat of a bandwagon jumper: Manchester United (EPL), Barcelona (La Liga), Juventus (Serie A) and Paris St. Germain (Ligue 1).
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Locally, I follow the Philadelphia Union (MSL), and they've been an average team at best. Internationally, I'm somewhat of a bandwagon jumper: Manchester United (EPL), Barcelona (La Liga), Juventus (Serie A) and Paris St. Germain (Ligue 1).
    you disgust me

I don't support any MLS team outright, but I do enjoy matches when I watch them, a friend has season tickets to NYCFC

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    you disgust me

I don't support any MLS team outright, but I do enjoy matches when I watch them, a friend has season tickets to NYCFC
    With the Union, it's all about the doop, man! Speaking of which, we shoulda beaten NYCFC this past Saturday, but they scored two late goals, an annoying constant with the Union, giving up late leads to end in ties or losses.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I think a reliable back up for Kane is probably their biggest problem, having said that Son had a good season but they'll need another particularly since they're in the Champions League again. Also, like Fluffysheep said, they could maybe do with learning how to grind out results as well.

Liverpool look to be spending some coin this summer, hopefully land some desired targets
    Fingers crossed.

we have a NASL (3rd tier here in the US) team that just started locally this season, 2nd home game is this Friday night - went to the 1st one, that was fun
    Good to hear.

Another striker to back up Kane is probably among Spurs' biggest needs, but I'd also like to see another CB to rotate with Vertonghen and Alderweireld, who are both getting up in years, especially considering the burdens of Europe. Another winger would be nice if not absolutely necessary.

Certainly the earlier part of last season hurt, giving up too many draws (several in the early period when Kane was hurt). But it is worth remembering that they finished with 86 points, which is really good! Enough to win the league in some seasons. A fast start at Wembley does feel crucial, proving that they can win there, make it their home (if temporarily), and be genuine contenders for the title. I expect resurgent Manchester clubs, so it won't be easy regardless.

Meanwhile, in MLS, I've been a season ticket holder at Red Bulls for 7 years now. It's clear the team misses Dax McCarty, but the "good" thing about MLS is that the regular season is less important--if Tyler Adams can round into the player he's expected to be, and if they can add a CB and speed on the wings in the transfer window, we may have a shot in November.

Extraordinary Member

Defeo would have been a wise choice, but we missed out.

We need a back-up to Kane, even though Son is strong there. I think we need a new wide player who can make a difference. Lamela is coming back soon but I want an out and out winger.

I also think we need to start blooding Carter-Vickers and Janssen needs a miracle.