Page 22 of 146 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Congrats to the England Ladies on getting through their group with a 100% winning record.

I went to Birmingham v Swansea today. Certainly wasn't an exciting game but we won 2-0, so that's the main thing. Roque Mesa looked good in midfield so I'm pleased with us signing him.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

A win's a win Fluffy.

Liverpool got a good win over Hertha Berlin the other day, Solanke and Salah scoring again which is a good sign hopefully and Wijnaldum has finally scored outside of the home ground LOL. Tough test tomorrow though against Bayern Munich in the Aldi Cup. Shame we'll be missing Clyne at the start of the season though he's a good player for us.

England Ladies got past France to get to the semis so congrats to them again.

And the season starts on Friday (for the lower league clubs) and there's the Community Shield on Sunday so is anyone looking forward to the weekend for those games?

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post

And the season starts on Friday (for the lower league clubs) and there's the Community Shield on Sunday so is anyone looking forward to the weekend for those games?
    Not arsed about the Community Shield. It's just a glorified friendly to me, and I'd be saying the same thing if United were involved in it as well.

International football and friendlies don't interest me so I'll be chomping at the bit to watch some real, competitive football at weekend though. I think Villa are on at some stage. I'll tune in to that.

Yeah, Villa are going to be on Saturday I believe against Hull City. I don't have Sky Sports at home so I won't be watching it live though I'll record the highlights of it just to see any goals, same for Community Shield and the National League (a friend of mine is a fan of Tranmere so I'm keeping up with it so I know what he's talking about LOL).

Speaking of football I'm currently watching Liverpool v Bayern Munich.

Good performance by the lads. Nice to see Mane back, and back amongst the goals and another goal for Salah. Typical Sturridge to get injured again though, at least he took his goal really well. I know it's only pre-season but I'm not going to complain about a 3-0 win

Anyone watching Everton's game on Thursday?

It was a good win. I'd completely forgotten about Sturridge being at Liverpool!

BANNED

Good performance by the lads. Nice to see Mane back, and back amongst the goals and another goal for Salah. Typical Sturridge to get injured again though, at least he took his goal really well. I know it's only pre-season but I'm not going to complain about a 3-0 win

Anyone watching Everton's game on Thursday?
    frakkin Studge

ah well, its not like I haven't gotten used to it at this point

Looks like the Neymar deal is on then. He'll be on £515,000 a week according to Sky Sports News. I can't even comprehend having that amount of money.

Slightly disappointed that we lost our unbeaten record in pre-season. I know it's only pre-season but it would've been nice to go into the Watford game with an unbeaten pre-season. Though I guess we still haven't lost in the space of 90 minutes at least LOL. On the plus side, Ward did well last night.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    It was a good win. I'd completely forgotten about Sturridge being at Liverpool!
    LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    frakkin Studge

ah well, its not like I haven't gotten used to it at this point
    Yeah, we're all used to it at this point. In a matter of seconds we saw the best and worst of having Sturridge in your team.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Looks like the Neymar deal is on then. He'll be on £515,000 a week according to Sky Sports News. I can't even comprehend having that amount of money.
    Alright for some isn't it?

Commiserations to Aberdeen fans and congratulations to Everton fans.

The Everton match was boring as hell IMO, but at least they got the job done that's the main thing from their perspective.

BANNED

Neymar to PSG officially

Yep. Seems a bit odd though. It looks like he paid his own contract release clause. Does that mean PSG didn't actually pay for him? Strange, and dodgy no doubt.

The big transfer news though, is that Swansea have sold Modou Barrow to Reading

Edit: I just read this, so I stand corrected.

In Spain, a release clause can only be activated by a player buying himself out of his contract.
    Last edited by FluffySheep; 08-03-2017 at 02:32 PM.

How do you feel about Barrow leaving Fluffy? Disappointed, happy or somewhere inbetween?

How do you feel about Barrow leaving Fluffy? Disappointed, happy or somewhere inbetween?
    He was looking promising when we first signed him and had a few good games but never really kicked on, so it's a good move for him, us and Reading I reckon.

Rumour has it that Gylfi Sigurdsson to Everton will be confirmed tomorrow for £48m. I can't argue about that sort of money for us but they better give it to Paul Clement to spend. Replacing Gylfi is going to be VERY difficult.