Page 27 of 146 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Can't say I'm that happy about the Oxlaide-Chamberlain signing myself as I personally feel that he's over-rated and isn't good enough, just to sugar-coat it LOL. Overall I'm relatively pleased I guess though Van Dijk would've been a fantastic signing but I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens in the future regarding him.

Liverpool have done well in August on the pitch, early days but we're doing well. Hopefully we can have a good September, starting with no injuries due to the Internationals ideally.

Great win for Wales tonight! Badly needed it! Hugely improves our chances of making the World Cup!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member

I'm pleased with Llorente. Still feel we should have gone all out for Gray or Mahrez.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I'm pleased with Llorente. Still feel we should have gone all out for Gray or Mahrez.
    Llorente will definitely get goals at Spurs. That was a good deal for you and for us. Eriksen should get plenty of assists when he's aiming at Llorente's head lol.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Ultimate Member

As an Arsenal fan it was a terrible transfer window.

Finished outside the champions league spots and we bring in two players and lost a ton of players.

The season looks like it's over before it even began.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Finished outside the champions league spots and we bring in two players and lost a ton of players.

#WengerOut?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Llorente will definitely get goals at Spurs. That was a good deal for you and for us. Eriksen should get plenty of assists when he's aiming at Llorente's head lol.
    Janssen looks finished though.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Liverpool did well, I think many supporters are unfairly crapping on the club regarding VVD

but I honestly think that was more Southampton being d***ks than anything else

they knew he wanted to leave, he put in a transfer request, he expressed that going to Anfield would suit him
    Coutinho burned his bridge

turning in his transfer request the day BEFORE the season is ready to start, saying he wants to be left off CL squads

fine, sit and rot till Christmas

we loved you and you reject us, less than a year after signing a multi year extension
    Hmm. Something about these posts doesn't quite add up. Two players hand in two separate transfer requests and their two different parent clubs refuse them and the transfers don't go through. And only one of those clubs were being 'd##ks?
    Last edited by WillieMorgan; 09-04-2017 at 02:34 AM.

BANNED

VVD made it publicly known as soon as last season ended that he wanted out

it wasn't a surprise - I think he put in his transfer request 2-3 weeks ago or as soon as the window opened

Coutinho is a different situation entirely, he signs a multi year extension, says he wants to play at Anfield for the future, this is back around the holidays

now Barca come sniffing around, offering a s**t ton of cash, and he turns in a transfer request THE DAY BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS

citing "issues" with Jurgen Klopp, a manager who by most accounts is beloved by the players hes managed

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

VVD made it publicly known as soon as last season ended that he wanted out

it wasn't a surprise - I think he put in his transfer request 2-3 weeks ago or as soon as the window opened

Coutinho is a different situation entirely, he signs a multi year extension, says he wants to play at Anfield for the future, this is back around the holidays

now Barca come sniffing around, offering a s**t ton of cash, and he turns in a transfer request THE DAY BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS

citing "issues" with Jurgen Klopp, a manager who by most accounts is beloved by the players hes managed
    No, the situations are not entirely different at all, it's just that the timing is a little more suspect in Coutinho's case. He's hardly the first player to sign a contract extension, pledge further loyalty to the club and get his head turned the minute that a bigger club comes calling. No doubt Van Dijk has made similar platitudes to Southampton in the past, and Celtic also before that. Such false sentiments are a regular feature of modern football. This was a summer where both Liverpool and Southampton dug their heels in and stood up to player power, large transfer fees and bigger fish in the transfer market. That does not make one of those clubs 'd##ks'.

To be honest, don't be surprised if in both cases these transfers have simply been delayed for a year, not done away with completely. This time next summer it's highly likely that you'll see Van Dijk holding up a Liverpool shirt at Anfield and Coutinho doing the same at the Camp Nou.

Ultimate Member

#WengerOut?

Yep, it's that time of the year again.

As I fellow Arsenal fan I generally agree with you, although we did have an awful lot of mediocre players so getting rid of some was necessary.
    I would have liked to see a player such as Jean Michel Siri be brought in.
    Last edited by Haydn C; 09-04-2017 at 12:15 PM.

Yep, it's that time of the year again.
    It's been that time of year for a long time now. Any preference on a replacement?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn C View Post
    It's been that time of year for a long time now. Any preference on a replacement?
    Piers Morgan?

Piers Morgan?
    Hydra Cap ??
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)