Page 30 of 146 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Two draws in a week for Liverpool. At least we didn't lose again LOL. Reasonably happy with the Seville match, had Firmino converted that penalty we'd have won but that's the way it goes sometimes. As for the Burnley match, well two words for why we didn't win - NICK. POPE! Great performance from the lad so I applaud him for his performance (reluctantly LOL)

Some of the lads at work will be super gutted though with being in the bottom three now, particularly since Lukaku scored one of the goals. Pity Dave won't be in the shop this week I could've wound him up over it LOL.

Me too, I forgot to put the 2 in when I typed MOTD LOL.

It was a good result for them I agree, result of the week for British sides in Europe personally.

How do you feel about a point at West Brom?
    If I'd been offered it Friday night I would've taken it, but only one team there was trying to win. Shocking refereeing decision to allow their keeper to stay on! Luiz got sent off for similar. Plus side a few more mins on the clock for Andy Carroll and another clean sheet.

Spurs at "home" Saturday, I fear they'e gonna tear us apart!

City's defence is kinda shaky IMO....
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

League Cup night tonight, fingers crossed Liverpool's inevitable changes won't affect our progress in the competition tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I predicted City would win the league at the start of the season, and I'm still sticking with that prediction. I think a few injuries will affect United more than it will City.
    Fingers crossed LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffpayne1992 View Post
    If I'd been offered it Friday night I would've taken it, but only one team there was trying to win. Shocking refereeing decision to allow their keeper to stay on! Luiz got sent off for similar. Plus side a few more mins on the clock for Andy Carroll and another clean sheet.

Spurs at "home" Saturday, I fear they'e gonna tear us apart!
    A clean sheet is always a bonus, just wish Liverpool had kept one against Burnley! As for Saturday, well, wait and see I guess but Tottenham haven't made the best of starts in the league.

What're your thoughts about Bilic? I know I'm asking a few questions of you but your the first Hammer I've ''spoken'' to in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    City's defence is kinda shaky IMO....
    I do think they'll concede more than Man Utd in the league at the end of the year, however having said that they've conceded the same amount as Man Utd so far so maybe not? We'll soon see I guess, just so long as they win it instead of Utd LOL.

Not many goals in the cup so far. Swansea better not fluff it against Reading. Goals for Bony and Sanches would be great.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

how is Oxlade worth 40 again?
    I've always thought he didnt fit liverpool well
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.

Gutted about last night's result. Can't believe we didn't take at least one of our first half chances last night. Congrats to Leicester, at least they took their chances LOL. They definitely got a kick up the arse at half-time. Hopefully we can beat them on Saturday.

how is Oxlade worth 40 again?
    I've always thought he didnt fit liverpool well
    TBH I have no idea why we got him either, it wasn't a midfielder that we needed, personally it feels like a bit of a panic buy. Still, hopefully he'll do some decent performances for us now he's here.

TBH I have no idea why we got him either, it wasn't a midfielder that we needed, personally it feels like a bit of a panic buy. Still, hopefully he'll do some decent performances for us now he's here.
    3-4 solid defenders would be a much wiser buy..Matip's the best defender there and he won't get a sniff in a top 4 team sadly

I think he'd get into the Man City team as apart from Kompany who is injury prone I can't think of a City CB who's better than Matip. Other than that I think I'd have to concede that one to you LOL. Pity we didn't get Van Dijk our central defence would be better at least. I'm happy with our RB situation as I like Alexander-Arnold and Clyne. As far as our LB is concerned, well it's too early to tell with Robertson but Moreno does seem to have improved a bit but I'd still like us to get a LB.

Anyhow, enough about Liverpool's defence LOL. Good night for the Premier teams last night in the League Cup, some of the lads at work will be a bit happier after the 3-0 win over Sunderland last night.

Amazing Member

John Ossie

Yeah I think you're still a little easy to score against which might hinder you this season.

I'm still pro billic, he's doing what he can with what he's got and after the window we had shipping out 14 players (including loans) and replacing it with 4/5 he was done over by our owners. It sounds bitter but we were taken against our will from our home on a promise of better investment, they're not investing they're just creaming it off the top and picking up the 7.5% interest on the loans they gave us.

I'd take a loss tomorrow if it meant beating them in the cup though, we really need a good cup run at least this season just to keep everyone calm.

No problem about the questions ask away, I'm always happy to chat about football and comics so this site is the best of both worlds!

Well what a pants day of football for me. I went to watch Crewe v Carlisle (my friend's a Crewe fan), and Crewe lost 5-0. Swansea lost to Watford at home, which is hugely frustrating. Then to top it off, my local team lost 5-2 as well.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

@geoffpayne1992 I think it's hindering us already at least in September LOL. As for Bilic, I think (speaking as a neutral for a moment) that he's doing alright as well, needed that win in Swansea it seemed though. And it's good to know you're happy to take questions, I am too if you have any

As for Liverpool's draw with Newcastle, I am disappointed with a draw at Newcastle particularly since we took the lead but I suppose we didn't lose LOL. Hoping October is better for us than September was.

On a sidenote, my mate Len's team finally won a game, he's a Tranmere fan, so he'll be feeling a bit better. At least until tomorrow when they play again. The lads who work for me who support Everton were in a bit of a foul mood today LOL.

Come on, Chile just need to win the next match and Argentina needs to lose-tie their game against Bolivia and this will be the first world cup without Argentina, can you imagine how Messi would feel.

Niffleheim

As for Liverpool's draw with Newcastle, I am disappointed with a draw at Newcastle particularly since we took the lead but I suppose we didn't lose LOL. Hoping October is better for us than September was.
    I was livid why the hell are they even drawing with Newcastle? NEWCASTLE!!! I was even more angry at the defending "champions" loosing to City. It was a shitty weekend for me altogether

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    I was livid why the hell are they even drawing with Newcastle? NEWCASTLE!!! I was even more angry at the defending "champions" loosing to City. It was a shitty weekend for me altogether
    For your Fantasy League team u mean ? :P

It's still questionable why the only defender they bought was Robertson from Hull , hardly a top 10 full back in the league and bought Ox instead

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Come on, Chile just need to win the next match and Argentina needs to lose-tie their game against Bolivia and this will be the first world cup without Argentina, can you imagine how Messi would feel.
    Good to luck to Chile, I think it's been a while since they were at a World Cup hasn't it? As for Argentina, I have no feelings one way or the other but then I'm not too fussed about the World Cup. Also, there aren't any Liverpool players who play for Chile or Argentina so I'd have no reason to want either of them to do well LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    Newcastle aren't a bad team but yeah it was disappointing not to win after taking the lead, as for City beating Chelsea? Well at least it kept Man Utd of the top of the table for another couple of weeks LOL.

For your Fantasy League team u mean ? :P
    It's still questionable why the only defender they bought was Robertson from Hull , hardly a top 10 full back in the league and bought Ox instead
    I don't mind us getting Robertson as we did need a left-back but I am still baffled as to why we bought in Oxlade-Chamberlain.