Page 36 of 146 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Good 3-0 win for Liverpool today over Southampton. 2 more goals for Salah, he's turned into a good signing so I'm glad my concerns look unfounded. Added bonus is I won my bet so I'll be collecting my winnings tomorrow.

BANNED

Mo is killing it out there

and looks like Lallana and Mane are on the way back

Another loss for Swansea. Really not looking good for us this season. There's nothing positive coming from any of the games recently. I can't see 3 other teams doing worse than us by the time May comes round. It's all the owners' fault but as is always the case with football, it'll be Paul Clement who takes the fall. Even after Makelele left to go Belgium, the owners promoted from within to make Leon Britton assistant manager. Great for him, and he is a club legend, but it really looks like they'll make him manager after sacking Clement. Cheap option yet again.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Sorry but why is it all the owners fault? The manager coaches the players, comes up with the tactics and then picks the players to go on to the pitch and play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Sorry but why is it all the owners fault? The manager coaches the players, comes up with the tactics and then picks the players to go on to the pitch and play the game.
    Because for the past 2 seasons they've failed to invest in the team. It comes across at "asset stripping", ie. selling our best players for lots of money, and failing to replace them with adequate quality. We've sold Williams, Ayew, Allen, Llorente, Sigurdsson, Bony, Davies, Shelvey, Cork etc. and we're at a point now where all the replacements just aren't good enough for the Premiership. The Swansea fans keeps asking, where's all the money going?

Yeah and from what I've heard Abraham was stretchered off yesterday as well? It does look like another difficult season for you lot Fluffy.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Yeah and from what I've heard Abraham was stretchered off yesterday as well? It does look like another difficult season for you lot Fluffy.
    Yep. He's pretty much the only player who puts in a full shift and he's not even our player. Although I do blame the owners for the overall demise of the club, Clement does need to do something different. I know he's having to do his best with what he's got, but it's all a bit negative and not enough will to go forward. If he's lost the dressing room then that'll be it, but I've got no idea who would a) actually want the job, and b) is capable of doing a better job than Clement.

Yeah, it's a difficult one in terms of who'd replace him as manager if the owners sack yet another manager. If it happened now than Britton would be my guess for reasons you stated earlier. How long is Tammy rumoured to be out for?

Yeah, it's a difficult one in terms of who'd replace him as manager if the owners sack yet another manager. If it happened now than Britton would be my guess for reasons you stated earlier. How long is Tammy rumoured to be out for?
    I've no idea how long Tammy will be out for. If it's a back problem then not too long hopefully. We've got Bournemouth at home on Saturday, which was already a big game and now it's huge. I'm amazed Coleman has left Wales to go to Sunderland. If Clement had been sacked, Coleman would've wanted the job at least.

And Bournemouth had a very convincing win over Huddersfield, 4-0 and they had a man sent off at 1-0 I believe as well. As for Coleman, well Sunderland is one hell of a challenge that's for sure LOL. As for Abraham he does seem to be one of your better, if not the best, players for you this season so hopefully for you he won't be out that long.

I just hope Liverpool get something against Seville, ideally a win so there's less pressure against Moscow at Anfield.

Bad start for Moyes last night with his new team losing to Watford 2-0 last night.

Bad start for Moyes last night with his new team losing to Watford 2-0 last night.
    Not an easy game to start with to be fair to Moyes. Watford are doing alright this season. West Ham have got Leicester at home this weekend, so that might show a bit more of what Moyes will be capable of.

West Brom have sacked Pulis then. I read they've had 2 wins since March, so it was on the cards. It seems like a tailor made "Big Sam" appointment there.

If Big Sam got the West Brom job I wonder how much money he'd make out of the January transfer window (since we all know whatever West Brom are willing to pay him won't be enough for him LOL).

But yeah, Watford wasn't an easy start, particularly at Vicarage Road. It'll be interesting to see how they get on in his first home game.

If Big Sam got the West Brom job I wonder how much money he'd make out of the January transfer window (since we all know whatever West Brom are willing to pay him won't be enough for him LOL).

But yeah, Watford wasn't an easy start, particularly at Vicarage Road. It'll be interesting to see how they get on in his first home game.
    Big Sam should feel fortunate to get offered any job now after the whole debacle when he was England manager. If he does end up replacing Pulis, it's a bit of a "like for like" replacement for West Brom, but I can't see them getting the likes of Koeman or Bilic. Michael O'Neill could be a possibility for them. Even Martin O'Neill.

Amazing Member

Was loud and proud with the 'Sack the board' chants. They really need to go, no investment and constantly undermining managers.

Yesterday, if not for a few brilliant saves from Gomes and that could have been a draw. Still lacking defensively.

To go back to the crowd though, stewards sent in to try and confiscate an anti Gold, Sullivan and Brady flag at Sullivan's request. A different flag ended up being taken and shown off outside of David Sullivan's house. The owner is now banned from West Ham for 3 years. That goes against the T&C's in the contract all season ticket holders agree to as well as freedom to protest and freedom of expression. They have done this to the same people before for hanging it on a public walkway on the way to the Olympic Stadium. Bad darts all round!

Link:
    http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=131857