Page 42 of 146 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Mexico is f*cked
    As is England.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Out of the loop for a few days, I forgot all about the World Cup draw today until I got home. Let’s be honest, England have been very fortunate with the draw. They would probably have preferred Poland or Russia rather than Belgium from the seeded teams but Tunisia is probably the weakest of all the 5 African teams that qualified for the finals and the only team in the entire tournament that would have been easier opponents than Panama would have been Iran.

With 2 teams to go through from the groups, I might be even tempted to bet some big money nearer the time that Belgium and England (in whatever order) will be the 2 teams that will go through from this group.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    As is England.
    Tunisia and Panama should be that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Tunisia and Panama should be that hard.
    It's England. We always make things harder for ourselves LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Out of the loop for a few days, I forgot all about the World Cup draw today until I got home. Let’s be honest, England have been very fortunate with the draw. They would probably have preferred Poland or Russia rather than Belgium from the seeded teams but Tunisia is probably the weakest of all the 5 African teams that qualified for the finals and the only team in the entire tournament that would have been easier opponents than Panama would have been Iran.

With 2 teams to go through from the groups, I might be even tempted to bet some big money nearer the time that Belgium and England (in whatever order) will be the 2 teams that will go through from this group.
    I don't know...I mean with the exception of Panama and Saudi Arabia I don't think there's any ''easy'' teams in that tournament and even those two teams will probably surprise me. African teams have improved in recent years IMO. Guess we'll just have to wait and see but there's always a surprise package in the World Cup.

BANNED

@John

you sound just like my friend David (who is from Leeds) in regards to England

he told me last night "it will look like we're competent, and then we'll just muck it up because that is what we do"

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    @John

you sound just like my friend David (who is from Leeds) in regards to England

he told me last night "it will look like we're competent, and then we'll just muck it up because that is what we do"
    They've done it so many times that at this point it just makes sense to be...''sceptical'' shall I say? Doesn't help that in the 2000s the media kept banging on about how this was the ''golden generation'' LOL.

Meanwhile, great way to start December with a 5-1 win at Brighton. I think Dunk is secretly a Liverpool fan as this is the second time he's scored an own goal for us. Very grateful to him naturally LOL. Another two goals for Firmino, another goal for Coutinho along with his two assists and a first goal of the season for Can. No goal for Mo today but he did get an assist. Just a shame Henderson gave that penalty away, probably would've been a clean-sheet but at least we won and we're fourth at the moment.

Just a shame it was Man Utd who had to beat Arsenal. Evertonians will be pleased today with a win for Allardyce in his first match in charge. I know Fluffy will be disappointed with Swansea's result today, if there's a plus side it's that Bony got his first goal since he came back.

I think that's it for today's games apart from the F.A. Cup being on today, anyone's team involved in that?

BANNED

Liverpool SHOULD be beating up squads like Brighton is this fashion though

Im very happy with the result, but that is the type of play this team is capable of all the time

I actually thought for a moment today that we had turned a corner with an early goal for Bony and apparently being on top of Stoke for quite a while. Can't say I'm surprised though. It's becoming the norm for us to disappoint and for Clement to blame everyone else. I was with Clement a few weeks ago but my minds changing now. He seems to have exhausted all his knowledge of what to try and do and nothing has worked, so maybe it's time we made a change. I've no idea who could/would replace him, but if we stick with him and put up with the same old crap every week, we're dead and buried.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Liverpool SHOULD be beating up squads like Brighton is this fashion though

Im very happy with the result, but that is the type of play this team is capable of all the time
    LOL. If only it was as easy as it was today.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I actually thought for a moment today that we had turned a corner with an early goal for Bony and apparently being on top of Stoke for quite a while. Can't say I'm surprised though. It's becoming the norm for us to disappoint and for Clement to blame everyone else. I was with Clement a few weeks ago but my minds changing now. He seems to have exhausted all his knowledge of what to try and do and nothing has worked, so maybe it's time we made a change. I've no idea who could/would replace him, but if we stick with him and put up with the same old crap every week, we're dead and buried.
    Only thing I'd say about getting rid of Clement is that it'd be yet ANOTHER managerial change and Swansea seem to go through managers more times than most people change their socks. I do feel for you though, the closest I've come to experiencing what you are is when Hodgson was in charge of Liverpool where we did end 2010 in the bottom three (and started 2011 in the bottom three as well).

Tony Pulis for Swansea?

Disappointed that the Arsenal lost today against Man U but to tell the truth, I had the feeling that it might happen. On the whole the results against the other big clubs pushing for the title or the Champions League places, in recent years have been generally poor, the win against Spurs being an exception so I was prepare that the trend would continue today.

Probably more upset that once again Palace was involved in yet another 0-0 match against West Brom, just days after the 0-0 result against Brighton. Not that I’m a Palace fan but yet once again they are responsible for busting my accumulator with their blank score line. Typical of a Roy Hodgson team. Bring back Frank de Boer! At least when he was in charge, we were guaranteed goals in all palace’s matches ..... even though they were all scored against Palace.

Extraordinary Member

Tony Pulis for Swansea?

Disappointed that the Arsenal lost today against Man U but to tell the truth, I had the feeling that it might happen. On the whole the results against the other big clubs pushing for the title or the Champions League places, in recent years have been generally poor, the win against Spurs being an exception so I was prepare that the trend would continue today.

Probably more upset that once again Palace was involved in yet another 0-0 match against West Brom, just days after the 0-0 result against Brighton. Not that I’m a Palace fan but yet once again they are responsible for busting my accumulator with their blank score line. Typical of a Roy Hodgson team. Bring back Frank de Boer! At least when he was in charge, we were guaranteed goals in all palace’s matches ..... even though they were all scored against Palace.
    He'd do a good job tbh! Hodgson is just dull.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    They've done it so many times that at this point it just makes sense to be...''sceptical'' shall I say? Doesn't help that in the 2000s the media kept banging on about how this was the ''golden generation'' LOL.
    Well, it was kinda a golden generation ..... on paper at least! Lol.

Reading out some of the names like Rio Ferdinand, Sol Campbell, John Terry, Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard, Paul Scholes, Joe Cole, Michael Owen and Wayne Rooney makes you realise just what a group of underachievers that generation of players were, to have never gone beyond the quarterfinals of any major tournament.

Tony Pulis for Swansea?

A Roy Hodgson team being involved in scoreless matches? There's a surprise LOL. I remember his last game for Liverpool, where Everton had just destroyed us and we were lucky to ONLY lose by 2-0, he'd said that it was the BEST performance of his reign LOL.

As for Arsenal, Man Utd seem to be your bogey team tbh.

Well, it was kinda a golden generation ..... on paper at least! Lol.

Reading out some of the names like Rio Ferdinand, Sol Campbell, John Terry, Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard, Paul Scholes, Joe Cole, Michael Owen and Wayne Rooney makes you realise just what a group of underachievers that generation of players were, to have never gone beyond the quarterfinals of any major tournament.
    The ''golden generation'' label should, and until a future England team at least matches their record, always be the mid to late 60s team where we won the World Cup in 66 and then reached the final of the Euros in 68. The ''golden generation'' of the 2000s never came close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    He'd do a good job tbh! Hodgson is just dull.
    Frank De Boer would do a good job. At getting them relegated, LOL. They were awful under him, so unorganised it was funny as a non-Palace fan to watch.

Game of Sunday's F.A Cup games has to go to Blackburn v Crewe for me as a neutral given that it finished 3-3. Blackburn basically copied Liverpool's game against Seville LOL. Honourable mention to Leatherhead for giving a great effort against Wycombe before losing 3-1. Woking did well today as well against Peterborough in forcing a replay, by all accounts it sounds like Peterborough are lucky to still be in the cup.

Other than that, Bournemouth and Southampton drew 1-1 today and Man City are currently playing West Ham, current score is 0-0 but it's only been like 20 minutes LOL.

Ah well, anyone happy with the F.A. Cup results today? Any fans from teams playing today?

My mate's a Crewe fan and I go up to watch them now and again, so I was pleased to see them comeback from 3-0 down. No real upsets today but it was good to see Hereford draw at Fleetwood yesterday and Fylde to draw against Wigan on Friday. It makes the 3rd round draw better when some of the non league teams are still in with a shout.

I'm going to put my prediction in now. Swansea will get one of the top 6 Prem teams. Probably away as well, just to rub it in.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"