Page 43 of 146 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I guess the fact we'll be getting a couple of replays could count as ''upsets''? At least for now LOL. Crewe, Hereford, Fylde and Woking are probably the biggest examples I can think of in terms of that. Glad for your mate, I know Crewe are having a bit of a hard-time at the moment in the league. Don't really follow that division but I have a brief look at the table from time-to-time and they always seem near the bottom.

As for predictions for 3rd round draws.

Liverpool v Man City
    Swansea v Newport (bit of local rivalry there LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I guess the fact we'll be getting a couple of replays could count as ''upsets''? At least for now LOL. Crewe, Hereford, Fylde and Woking are probably the biggest examples I can think of in terms of that. Glad for your mate, I know Crewe are having a bit of a hard-time at the moment in the league. Don't really follow that division but I have a brief look at the table from time-to-time and they always seem near the bottom.

As for predictions for 3rd round draws.

Liverpool v Man City
    Swansea v Newport (bit of local rivalry there LOL)
    I reckon Liverpool will get something like Stevenage away. I'd be chuffed if we got Newport at home. Seeing as our Premiership season is going down the toilet, a decent cup run would be nice. I'd take Shrewsbury away because I'd probably go to that. They were still in their old stadium the last time I saw them.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

It'd be a nice day for Stevenage if they got Liverpool, especially considering that'd probably be a sell-out match for them. Shrewsbury would be a decent test for you given they seem to be doing well in their division this year (automatic promotion spot I believe?).

Speaking of football, it's almost half-time between City and West Ham and West Ham have just taken the lead through Ogbonna. Shock on the cards? Good job I've already lost my bet (thanks Peterborough!) LOL

Apparently a bit of history was made in Italy today, Benevento have their first ever point in Serie A at the fifteenth time of asking thanks to an injury-time equaliser from their goalkeeper against AC Milan today.

Apparently a bit of history was made in Italy today, Benevento have their first ever point in Serie A at the fifteenth time of asking thanks to an injury-time equaliser from their goalkeeper against AC Milan today.
    Had to be the goalkeeper who scored. Bet their fans were absolutely buzzing when that goal went in!

Regarding West Ham, I'm so relieved they lost lol. Swansea need all the help they can get!

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Had to be the goalkeeper who scored. Bet their fans were absolutely buzzing when that goal went in!

Regarding West Ham, I'm so relieved they lost lol. Swansea need all the help they can get!
    Thought you'd be relieved about that scoreline, who've you got next? As for Benevento, yeah they must've been buzzing particularly since it's against one of the ''giants'' of the game.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Even when they were losing at halftime, you just had the feeling that Man City would come back and win it in the second half though they did leave it late.

John, a question about Liverpool's strikers. The team seems to be scoring for fun at the moment but I was just wondering what has happened to the likes of Divock Origi, Danny Ings and Ben Woodburn? Woodburn was supposed to be the next Michael Owen yet I don't even see him on the subs bench.

Thought you'd be relieved about that scoreline, who've you got next? As for Benevento, yeah they must've been buzzing particularly since it's against one of the ''giants'' of the game.
    West Brom at home next. It's a must win obviously but after losing to Stoke, even a win won't feel like enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Even when they were losing at halftime, you just had the feeling that Man City would come back and win it in the second half though they did leave it late.

John, a question about Liverpool's strikers. The team seems to be scoring for fun at the moment but I was just wondering what has happened to the likes of Divock Origi, Danny Ings and Ben Woodburn? Woodburn was supposed to be the next Michael Owen yet I don't even see him on the subs bench.
    Ings is still getting back into the groove of things in the reserves, though frankly I think he'll be moved on in the Summer if not January, Woodburn is on the reserves as well and frankly, he was never going to get many opportunities this season as we have a stronger squad than we did when Judas broke through in '97 as Fowler got hurt and we didn't really have any other option but to take a chance on a 17 year old back then. As for Origi, he's in Germany on loan at Wolfsburg. He seems to be enjoying the Bundesliga given how he's stated that he likes the ''soul'' of the Bundesliga so I think he's finished.

West Brom at home next. It's a must win obviously but after losing to Stoke, even a win won't feel like enough.
    Yeah. West Brom's a big game for you, if you win it'd at least give the players a boost. Wait and see as to whether it'd be enough at the end of the season but I gotta admit I'm not optimistic about your chances this year unfortunately.

Milan are hardly 'giants' now.
    pretty sad considering their history and the fact they signed so many wonderful players in the summer.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Milan are hardly 'giants' now.
    pretty sad considering their history and the fact they signed so many wonderful players in the summer.
    When I called them ''giants'' I meant in terms of name only, as they have got quite a good history as you've mentioned, bit like how Liverpool are ''giants'' in name only really, although at least we're back to competing in the Champions League nowadays.

As for the players they signed, look at Everton under Koeman they struggled big time, maybe Milan will improve under a new manager?

yup..was agreeing with ya..theyre woefully terrible and yes at least liverpool only had probably 2-3 downright horrid seasons the last 5 years or so

gattuso is hardly a name anyone associates with a top manager. isnt raineri available? ar least he has pedigree
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Anyone watching the FA Cup draw tonight? Is it just me, or does it completely ruin the experience of the draw when they list all the teams and their numbers on the screen? It completely takes away the surprise of who is being drawn!

Ings scored twice for the U23s for Liverpool during the weekend, I think on Sunday in a match that our U23s lost 4-3. Just thought I'd mention that since Ken Ashcroft's question included him.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    yup..was agreeing with ya..theyre woefully terrible and yes at least liverpool only had probably 2-3 downright horrid seasons the last 5 years or so

gattuso is hardly a name anyone associates with a top manager. isnt raineri available? ar least he has pedigree
    As far as Gattuso is concerned, guess we'll find out how he gets on as Manager, I mean Klopp, Benitez and Mourinho to name a few didn't have great careers before becoming managers (as far as I'm aware it's Gattuso's first managerial role).

As for Ranieri, I THINK he's available but I'm not sure. I haven't heard anything about him having a job.

Anyone watching the FA Cup draw tonight? Is it just me, or does it completely ruin the experience of the draw when they list all the teams and their numbers on the screen? It completely takes away the surprise of who is being drawn!
    Not for me personally. Still, different strokes and all that.
    Last edited by John Ossie; 12-04-2017 at 12:07 PM.

Ranieri is at Nantes, over performing like he did at Leicester. It's nearly FA Cup draw time!