Page 45 of 146 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Yeah, Merson did have a comedy weekend when Liverpool beat Brighton because Thompson had your game which finished 0-0 and for the first three Liverpool goals, we scored them just when Thommo was trying to talk about your game but Merson, due to the goals, kept doing the whole ''goaaalllll'' thing that he does which only made me laugh due to the timing of it. Stelling even made a joke out of it after the third one.

I might be remembering this wrong, but wasn't Merson a manager of Wycombe for a little bit as well? I know Tony Adams was but for whatever reason I think Merson was as well, didn't go well IIRC.
    Merson managed Walsall for a bit. I was working in Walsall at the time and Sarah Jane Mee (now of Sky News in the mornings), tried to interview me and my mate for Central News outside Morrisons asking our opinion of Merson being appointed as manager. Every time I see her on TV now i say "she tried to interview me" lol. She asked if we were Walsall fans, which we weren't, so we didn't take the interview.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Almost had a claim to fame there Fluffy!

Well, I got the club wrong but at least it began with a W LOL.

Anyhow, obviously I'll be watching the Liverpool game tonight so I'm hopeful we can finish the group stage on a high, just to be optimistic I'll go for 3-1 to Liverpool.

I should've lied and said I was a Walsall fan really lol.

I reckon Liverpool will win comfortably tonight. 5 English teams in the knockout stages will be pretty impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I should've lied and said I was a Walsall fan really lol.

I reckon Liverpool will win comfortably tonight. 5 English teams in the knockout stages will be pretty impressive.
    With Liverpool being the one everyone cares about of course but yeah it'd be nice to see 5 English sides in the knockout stages in the two competitions combined. And yes, you totally should've lied about being a Walsall fan LOL.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Anyhow, obviously I'll be watching the Liverpool game tonight so I'm hopeful we can finish the group stage on a high, just to be optimistic I'll go for 3-1 to Liverpool.
    Half time and your prediction could by spot on, John. Liverpool are 3-0 up at half time and there can only be one winner here. It’s not as it Liverpool are known for throwing away 3-0 halftime leads in the champions league are they?

BANNED

7-0 for Liverpool

I dont even smoke and I wanted a cig after that performance

some of the goals were down right sexy
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Brilliant result last night, the fab four all got goals last night. I'd even go as far as to say it was the perfect performance what with it being such a big margin of victory and a clean sheet to boot. Last time we got this far in the Champions League, Rafa Benitez was manager and we nearly won the league. And no, I'm not expecting us to finish 2nd in the league like we did in 2009 LOL.

Brilliant result last night, the fab four all got goals last night. I'd even go as far as to say it was the perfect performance what with it being such a big margin of victory and a clean sheet to boot. Last time we got this far in the Champions League, Rafa Benitez was manager and we nearly won the league. And no, I'm not expecting us to finish 2nd in the league like we did in 2009 LOL.
    Yeah I thought they'd win comfortably last night, but I didn't think it would be THAT comfortable lol.

I did have my doubts at the start of the game due to the fact we drew last time out but thankfully those doubts were erased once we made it 4-0 LOL. I wasn't comfortable until the fourth went in given what happened against Seville LOL.

Anyhow we should change the 12 days of Christmas song to 12 goals of Liverpool LOL. Great start to December for Liverpool. Hopefully we can keep it going by beating Everton in the derby this weekend.

BANNED

I also want to give some love to Toast aka Boring James aka James Milner with two sweet assists, especially the Mane' goal

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I also want to give some love to Toast aka Boring James aka James Milner with two sweet assists, especially the Mane' goal
    I love Milner. He's so solid and reliable, and he always pops up with the odd assist too. Very underrated in the national media IMO as well as some of the younger fans who haven't reached the age yet of appreciating the ''boring'' players.

Also, I just want to mini-correct myself from yesterday. In a post I said ''it'd be nice to see 5 English sides in the knockout stages in the two competitions combined'' whereas I should've said ''in the knockout stages of the Champions League'' as I'd forgotten that there were 5 teams in the Champions League as I was including Arsenal in the Europa League. So, anyhow, it'll be nice to see SIX English teams in the knockout phase of the two European competitions.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

I thought the draw for the knockout stages was tomorrow but apparently its next Monday for some reason. So Liverpool fans, who do you want to draw out of Basel, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Shakhtar Donetsk, Porto and Real Madrid? Even though you won your group, there still some big names that you could end up facing in the next round.

BANNED

Id prefer Porto or Real Madrid

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    I thought the draw for the knockout stages was tomorrow but apparently its next Monday for some reason. So Liverpool fans, who do you want to draw out of Basel, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Shakhtar Donetsk, Porto and Real Madrid? Even though you won your group, there still some big names that you could end up facing in the next round.
    Hmmm...Well, Madrid, Juventus or Munich would guarantee a sell-out crowd at Anfield due to the names but in terms of progression? Basel, Donestk or Porto would be my preference. All due respect to those clubs of course just on paper they'd be easier than the other three.

Speaking of European football, another win for Arsenal tonight Ken, doesn't matter who the opposition or situation a 6-0 win (last time I checked anyway) is always good for your team. Everton finished their miserable Europa League campaign on a high with a 3-0 win and Lucas scored for Lazio tonight, don't know if it's his first ever goal for them but nice to see his name on a scoresheet.

Just a shame Everton are on a bit of a roll right now with three straight wins with clean sheets to boot. Just in time for the derby.