Page 48 of 146 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I'm hoping for Burnley, Watford and Chelsea wins tonight.
    2/3 right
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Not all of the results went Swansea's way last night, but the minor positive I can take from the table is that only 6 points are separating 11th and 20th. Just a shame we're right at the bottom of it lol. Everton away for us next, which I'm not confident about at all now that Big Sam has them sorted out. Then we've got Palace at home, which is a huge game right before Christmas.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Amazing Member

Where has that West Ham side been hiding all season?! Some outstanding performances in the past 3 matches, looking fitter and hungrier. Moyes is doing well so far but also think the turning point was City away being forced, finally, to drop Joe Hart. Bring back Adrian 'His Name's a Spanish Beer' San Miguel.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Been a terrible month for the Arsenal so far. 3 PL matches, no wins and dropping points like there’s no tomorrow. It traditionally November that we have a bad month but it’s looks like we’ve swapped it this year for December. Only small consolation is that our top 4 rivals like Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd has also been dropping points this month though not as much as us.

Anyway here’s my predictions for the weekend.

Leicester 2 Palace 1
    Arsenal 2 Newcastle 0
    Brighton 0 Burnley 1
    Chelsea 3 Southampton 0
    Stoke 1 West Ham 0
    Watford 1 Huddersfield 0
    Man City 2 Spurs 1
    West Brom 0 Man Utd 4
    Bournemouth 1 Liverpool 3
    Everton 2 Swansea 0

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I'm hoping for Burnley, Watford and Chelsea wins tonight.
    2 out of three's not bad Fluffy

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Been a terrible month for the Arsenal so far. 3 PL matches, no wins and dropping points like there’s no tomorrow. It traditionally November that we have a bad month but it’s looks like we’ve swapped it this year for December. Only small consolation is that our top 4 rivals like Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd has also been dropping points this month though not as much as us.

Anyway here’s my predictions for the weekend.

Leicester 2 Palace 1
    Arsenal 2 Newcastle 0
    Brighton 0 Burnley 1
    Chelsea 3 Southampton 0
    Stoke 1 West Ham 0
    Watford 1 Huddersfield 0
    Man City 2 Spurs 1
    West Brom 0 Man Utd 4
    Bournemouth 1 Liverpool 3
    Everton 2 Swansea 0
    Strange week for Liverpool, not lost a game but not won one either and now, a week after I basically ruled them out LOL, Spurs are in the top four above Liverpool on goal difference. That'll teach me to keep my mouth shut LOL

As for predictions.

Leicester 2-0 C. Palace
    Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle
    Brighton 0-2 Burnley
    Chelsea 2-0 Southampton
    Stoke 0-1 West Ham
    Watford 1-1 Huddersfield
    Man City 1-0 Spurs
    WBA 1-0 Man Utd
    Bournemouth 0-2 Liverpool
    Everton 1-0 Swansea

Before anyone says anything, of course I predicted United to lose LOL. As for Stoke v West Ham, I just fancy West Ham to take the points that's all and Watford seem to be doing their annual second-half of the season slump.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Before anyone says anything, of course I predicted United to lose LOL. As for Stoke v West Ham, I just fancy West Ham to take the points that's all and Watford seem to be doing their annual second-half of the season slump.
    Well, West Brom beating Utd will be the biggest coupon buster if it happens. My predictions are more predictable apart from maybe Stoke beating West Ham. My strange logic around that is so far this month each time that a club has taken points off Arsenal in the PL (Man Utd and Southampton) they have then gone on to lose the very next game that they’ve played. West Ham took a point off us on Wednesday so following that pattern, they should lose today against Stoke. Wouldn’t try putting much money on it though.

LOL Yeah I'd love to see someone come on here, having put a bet on WBA to beat United, and say I WON! LOL.

I was right about West Ham (didn't think the margin would be that big but I'll take it LOL) and well, clearly I underestimated Huddersfield by only predicting a draw for them against Watford. And I was wrong about Palace LOL. Burnley could only draw unfortunately for my prediction but at least Arsenal won so I got that prediction correct today LOL. Last time I checked the score I was on course to be spot-on with my prediction about City but that was at half-time...

Ah well, good job I only put a pound on when I put a bet on at Ladbrokes, Walsall and Brentford both let me down. The other four games went my way though. Which were Coventry, Luton, Bradford and Wigan for those that care LOL.

Thought I was onto a winner when I decided to put a tenner on a goal scored in the first half of every 3 pm PL game only for Brighton's Glenn Murray to decide to try and launch his 35th minute penalty against Burnley into outer space instead of into the net!

Unlucky Ken. I think that's the third penalty he's missed this season as well. Think it's time to put someone else on them as he's costing them with those penalty misses. Funnily enough, I think it's his former team my team is playing today.

I was made up obviously (as I sure you are due to the rivalry) of Tottenham getting beat by City. Gotta admit, I didn't think it'd be that comprehensive.

4-0 win at Bournemouth, that'll more than do me! Nice to see Ings come of the bench even if he couldn't get a goal. No Mane in the side today, he was on the bench but wasn't used. Another goal for Salah, Firmino and Coutinho with a goal from Lovren as well.

Pretty happy with the result as might be obvious LOL. Just a shame Man Utd won (though, to be fair I expected it). Still, it won't take the shine of a good win which is also a much needed win given Arsenal and Chelsea won this weekend and Man City did us a favour by beating Spurs so we're above them again in the race for the Champions League spots.

Yeah, a good weekend for all the top sides apart from poor old Spurs. Liverpool did well scoring 4 goals today while Arsenal only managed to score one yesterday. Hopefully we are saving the goals for our next PL match which is unusually scheduled for next Friday and hopefully the team that we are playing on that day used up all their goals this weekend.

Strange that the quarter finals of the League cup is been played this midweek before the packed xmas fixtures starts. We're playing West Ham this Tuesday and I wouldn't be surprised if Wengers plays a weakened team only a few days before our big PL game on Friday. It's a shame as the League cup is a trophy that we've never won under Wenger.

To be fair Ken, one was enough to get all three points. If nothing else it showed you can keep clean sheets when necessary.

Then again, on Saturday it won't matter how many you score if Klopp plays the Fab Four on Saturday Arsenal 3-4 Liverpool is what I'll go for since it's Christmas I'll be nice with the goal tally LOL.

I remember you getting to a League Cup Final once before losing to Birmingham where, Martins I think his name was, scored his only goal for them to win it.

BANNED

Arsenal 1- 4 Liverpool

Salah scores two

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Arsenal 1- 4 Liverpool

Salah scores two
    Only two?

BANNED

Ill give Arsenals defense a tiny bit of credit

I also expect that 1 from Arsenal to be Giroud off the bench with one of this stupid wonder goals

dammit he's so handsome....