Page 51 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 765 of 2180
  1. #751
    Extraordinary Member DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    6,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    The news from Swansea just keeps getting better and better. After getting thumped yesterday, it now looks as though Mawson could be on his way to West Ham, and Liverpool are interested in Fabianski. If our owners let them go in January, we're even more dead and buried than we are now. We shall wait and see what happens.
    Mawson is class.

    I think Pool are overpaying for Van Dijk
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.

  2. #752
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    12,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Mawson is class.

    I think Pool are overpaying for Van Dijk
    they are only overpaying because Man City came in with a bigger offer

    too many times, LFC goes for someone, and a Chelsea or a United throws a bigger check on the table and we lose out

    not this time

  3. #753
    Astonishing Member dzub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Mawson is class.

    I think Pool are overpaying for Van Dijk
    He certainly is'nt worth 3 or (2.5) Michael Keanes
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

  4. #754
    Mighty Member FluffySheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,888

    Default

    Swansea City have appointed former Sheffield Wednesday manager Carlos Carvalhal as their new permanent boss.

    Preparation for the Championship? Or some stroke of genius? We'll see. It's only til the end of the season, so hopefully it'll give Carvalhal the incentive to extend his deal by keeping us up. It does go to show that we had absolutely no plan in place when we sacked Clement. Poor from the board, yet again.
    Last edited by FluffySheep; 12-28-2017 at 05:57 AM.
    Currently Pulling: Amazing Spider-man, Daredevil, Batman/TMNT III, Black Hammer: Age of Doom, Invisible Kingdom, Farmhand, Gideon Falls, Infinite Dark, Criminal, Babyteeth

    “We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

  5. #755
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside, England
    Posts
    9,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geoffpayne1992 View Post
    How on god’s green earth can Bobby Madley be a professional referee? Before anyone says it’s sour grapes and moaning we have previous with this terrible official:
    2/3 seasons ago a penalty given for a foul 2-3 yards outside the box against Chelsea
    Last season 2 penalties awarded to Bournemouth when we played there
    7 minutes instead of 6 played against Palace with Zaha equalising in the 7th

    The Newcastle match Saturday was just disgraceful from West Ham. Went 1-0 up and foot off the gas. Ayew’s penalty a toddler could’ve saved. When has anyone ever scored from one of those stuttering run ups?! I’ve seen ronaldo and messi miss when doing that and they stopped. The arsenal cup match we essentially threw. Neither team looked like they wanted to win so we threw away our only chance of getting a positive out of this season. Relegation beckons but at least we get to play Millwall again.
    So...you're a happy chappy at the moment?

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    The news from Swansea just keeps getting better and better. After getting thumped yesterday, it now looks as though Mawson could be on his way to West Ham, and Liverpool are interested in Fabianski. If our owners let them go in January, we're even more dead and buried than we are now. We shall wait and see what happens.
    Fabianski? You can keep him thanks LOL. Sorry, but I'd rather have Mignolet than Fabianski (and I don't trust Mignolet).

    Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Mawson is class.

    I think Pool are overpaying for Van Dijk
    Time will tell if we're overpaying for Van Dijk. Personally I'm just pleased that we finally have him as we do desperately need a leader at the back and from what I've seen of him he fits the bill.

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Swansea City have appointed former Sheffield Wednesday manager Carlos Carvalhal as their new permanent boss.

    Preparation for the Championship? Or some stroke of genius? We'll see. It's only til the end of the season, so hopefully it'll give Carvalhal the incentive to extend his deal by keeping us up. It does go to show that we had absolutely no plan in place when we sacked Clement. Poor from the board, yet again.
    Well, I know Sheffield Wednesday haven't done that great this season under him but the two previous seasons he did get them to the play-offs so maybe he can do well for you? Just trying to find a positive for you

  6. #756
    Mighty Member FluffySheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Well, I know Sheffield Wednesday haven't done that great this season under him but the two previous seasons he did get them to the play-offs so maybe he can do well for you? Just trying to find a positive for you
    I guess the positive is that at least we have a manager in place now. He seems to be saying all the right things and he's taken training today. The downside is that he's only got a contract til the end of the season, which means the board won't be buying HIS players in January. They'll sign the players that they choose, which is one thing that's led us to be in the position we're in now. I'll get behind Carvalhal and hopefully he can turn things around.
    Currently Pulling: Amazing Spider-man, Daredevil, Batman/TMNT III, Black Hammer: Age of Doom, Invisible Kingdom, Farmhand, Gideon Falls, Infinite Dark, Criminal, Babyteeth

    “We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

  7. #757
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside, England
    Posts
    9,316

    Default

    Yeah, at least you have a manager in place, even if it's only till the end of the season.

    He did seem to be liked by the Wednesday fans, even though the majority of them did feel it was time for a change by the time he left so hopefully he'll do well there as he does seem to be a good guy, whoever the board brings in, in January. And besides, I'd miss Liverpool's 5-0 wins over Swansea if you went down (Sorry, couldn't resist)

    Maybe you'll get Flanagan? Seeing as how his Liverpool career is most likely over now, particularly after getting himself arrested.

    Also, Sturridge will miss the Leicester game, at least, as he's injured. Again.

  8. #758
    Mighty Member FluffySheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,888

    Default

    Well we did beat you at Anfield last season so we'll call it even lol.

    Rumours now are that Southampton want Mawson from us as a replacement for Van Dijk. If our board really are going to make Carvalhal sell our better players to fund new signings, then I feel really sorry for him.

    I'm hoping for Arsenal to thump Palace tonight.
    Currently Pulling: Amazing Spider-man, Daredevil, Batman/TMNT III, Black Hammer: Age of Doom, Invisible Kingdom, Farmhand, Gideon Falls, Infinite Dark, Criminal, Babyteeth

    “We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

  9. #759
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside, England
    Posts
    9,316

    Default

    LOL Touche regarding Liverpool v Swansea.

    Yeah, I do feel for Carvalhal, it feels like no matter who came in that your team is going down this season, hopefully he can do a good enough job to be given a chance for next season and then give you a good season next year (ideally by getting promotion from your POV). Hopefully you'll get to keep Mawson for the rest of the season as it'll give you more time to find a suitable replacement for him in the summer (since I'm assuming he'll be one of the players to leave in the summer).

    As far as transfer rumours are concerned, well apparently numerous clubs are interested in taking Ings on loan from us. Including Southampton funnily enough, Newcastle and West Brom are two of the others but I can't remember the other...two? Anyway, numerous clubs are interested apparently LOL. He is a good player though so I'm not surprised.

    Other than that apparently PSG are willing to sell a goalkeeper called Trapp to us but that's just gossip at this stage.

    As for Arsenal v Palace, well it wasn't a thumping but Arsenal did beat them so that was a good result for you. And for Ken Ashcroft as well as other Gunners fans LOL.

  10. #760
    Mighty Member FluffySheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,888

    Default

    I'm off out today to watch a bit of local non league football. Stafford Rangers v Workington. Mrs FluffySheep has been persuaded to accompany me, and it will be her first football match for about 20 years!
    Currently Pulling: Amazing Spider-man, Daredevil, Batman/TMNT III, Black Hammer: Age of Doom, Invisible Kingdom, Farmhand, Gideon Falls, Infinite Dark, Criminal, Babyteeth

    “We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

  11. #761
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside, England
    Posts
    9,316

    Default

    Hope it was a good game for you and your missus Fluffy. Must've been pleased with the Swansea result yesterday? As for my team, another three points even if we did have to come from behind to do it LOL, hell Salah's got 23 goals already and we're not even into 2018 yet. Just to make it even better, Man Utd could only draw again.

    Next time Swansea play Fluffy, you really should remind me to bet against you. Both of your last two victories, including yesterday's win at Watford, have come when I've put a bet on the other team to win.

    C.Palace got a good point against City which is a bit surprising but I suppose someone had to not lose to them at some point LOL.

  12. #762
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    12,806

    Default

    LFC played with a lot of grit yesterday and Salah just might be Jesus in a red shirt

  13. #763
    Mighty Member FluffySheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Hope it was a good game for you and your missus Fluffy. Must've been pleased with the Swansea result yesterday? As for my team, another three points even if we did have to come from behind to do it LOL, hell Salah's got 23 goals already and we're not even into 2018 yet. Just to make it even better, Man Utd could only draw again.

    Next time Swansea play Fluffy, you really should remind me to bet against you. Both of your last two victories, including yesterday's win at Watford, have come when I've put a bet on the other team to win.

    C.Palace got a good point against City which is a bit surprising but I suppose someone had to not lose to them at some point LOL.
    It was an eventful game. Stafford Rangers lost 2-1 though, even though they didn't deserve it. The ref and linesman were dreadful and Stafford had far more chances. Good entertainment though. I treated Mrs FluffySheep to a burger and a hot chocolate

    I was amazed Swansea beat Watford! Clement started his managerial run with a 2-1 win back in January too, and he kept us up. Hopefully Carvalhal can do the same now.

    I'm disappointed Palace and West Brom have both managed to get a point today. It's not great being bottom for New Year but we're in a much better position now in terms of points.
    Currently Pulling: Amazing Spider-man, Daredevil, Batman/TMNT III, Black Hammer: Age of Doom, Invisible Kingdom, Farmhand, Gideon Falls, Infinite Dark, Criminal, Babyteeth

    “We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

  14. #764
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside, England
    Posts
    9,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    LFC played with a lot of grit yesterday and Salah just might be Jesus in a red shirt
    So...he's Robbie Fowler's son then?

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    It was an eventful game. Stafford Rangers lost 2-1 though, even though they didn't deserve it. The ref and linesman were dreadful and Stafford had far more chances. Good entertainment though. I treated Mrs FluffySheep to a burger and a hot chocolate

    I was amazed Swansea beat Watford! Clement started his managerial run with a 2-1 win back in January too, and he kept us up. Hopefully Carvalhal can do the same now.

    I'm disappointed Palace and West Brom have both managed to get a point today. It's not great being bottom for New Year but we're in a much better position now in terms of points.
    At least it was an entertaining game for you and your wife got her favourite part of the day with the burger and hot chocolate LOL. And yeah, I thought you'd be disappointed with the Palace and West Brom games, I expected them to lose myself though I'm grateful West Brom didn't due to the Champions League race. But on the plus side, with the exception of Bournemouth none of your relegation rivals won on the last games of 2017, and the win does give you a lift for the Tottenham game as difficult as that will be for you.

    Just to give your team a chance against Tottenham, I'll put a bet on

  15. #765
    Mighty Member FluffySheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Just to give your team a chance against Tottenham, I'll put a bet on
    Cheers I'm actually feeling much more confident of a decent performance against Spurs now. We'e got the benefit of being at home as well, so who knows.
    Currently Pulling: Amazing Spider-man, Daredevil, Batman/TMNT III, Black Hammer: Age of Doom, Invisible Kingdom, Farmhand, Gideon Falls, Infinite Dark, Criminal, Babyteeth

    “We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •