Page 56 of 146 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

A replay with Shrewsbury is far from ideal. We had no right to win that match and Shrewsbury can feel quite unlucky that they didn't nick it at certain points. The ground was good, a proper old school ground. A million miles away from the Lego set that is the Olympic Stadium. Only issue was the low sun blinding me for the first hour and then once it went behind the stand it got so cold I lost feeling in my toes! Wigan or Bournemouth away next round if we can struggle through not the hardest of matches but still long away matches. Wigan would be good and bad, good because they will give us an entire end to sell but bad because it is in the middle of nowehere and the home crowd are non existent. As I said though need to get there first.

Off to Huddersfield this weekend which I'm hoping to get something from but don't think it will happen.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by geoffpayne1992 View Post
    A replay with Shrewsbury is far from ideal. We had no right to win that match and Shrewsbury can feel quite unlucky that they didn't nick it at certain points. The ground was good, a proper old school ground. A million miles away from the Lego set that is the Olympic Stadium. Only issue was the low sun blinding me for the first hour and then once it went behind the stand it got so cold I lost feeling in my toes! Wigan or Bournemouth away next round if we can struggle through not the hardest of matches but still long away matches. Wigan would be good and bad, good because they will give us an entire end to sell but bad because it is in the middle of nowehere and the home crowd are non existent. As I said though need to get there first.

Off to Huddersfield this weekend which I'm hoping to get something from but don't think it will happen.
    Enjoy mate. I'm staying away from the terraces for a little while. No good opportunities but some uni mates are begging me to arrange a trip to Man United. Ugh.

BANNED

oh boy was that sexy football at Anfield today

who needs a back 4 when you have a front 12?

Extraordinary Member

I put a cheeky bet on and won thanks to Liverpool! Their frontline is awe-inspiring.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I put a cheeky bet on and won thanks to Liverpool! Their frontline is awe-inspiring.
    its not the prettiest style of play, but if an opponent misses a pass or misplaces a ball, that offense will make you pay for it

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    its not the prettiest style of play, but if an opponent misses a pass or misplaces a ball, that offense will make you pay for it
    I like the aggression of the front-line. Hounding defenders, getting rough!

BANNED

Andrew Robertson was a mad man out there today, hustling for that first team spot

Amazing Member

Very enjoyable trip to the north at the weekend. There was not a bad goal at all, including Huddersfield's. West Ham play so much better when we have Noble playing and help keep the tempo and break up play. A goal was a just reward for his performances recently. Not sure what Marko Arnautović is putting on his cornflakes before matches but long may it continue! He has been unplayable at times recently.

Shrewsbury Town in the replay tonight at the Lego Stadium, can't bring myself to go to this or Bournemouth at home Saturday. The ground just isn't home and even after a season and half it still isn't beginning to start to feel like it could be our home. Think apart from one or two more matches this season I'm not going to be going to home matches, much rather sell them match to match to friends and continue on the away days. The atmosphere is better away and this season more than most you know that the person standing next to you wants to be there and is a real West Ham supporter. You can't guarantee that in Stratford.

That was a brilliant match between Liverpool and Man City, I don't really like Klopp but his post match interview was also brilliant!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Enjoy mate. I'm staying away from the terraces for a little while. No good opportunities but some uni mates are begging me to arrange a trip to Man United. Ugh.
    I'm assuming those Man United supporters have been in Manchester approximately twice in their lifetimes like most of them just reminds me of a plastic Liverpool supporter I used to work with. Trying to rub in the fact that they always beat us at Anfield. I asked when he last went and he had never been. Following West Ham away I'd been to Anfield 8/9 times, he wondered why I didn't really take his comments seriously.

BANNED

to be fair, its tough to get tickets in any instance because all the old ass Liverpool supporters aren't giving up their seats and they can be willed to family

I have friends who've made the trip over but they were really not great seats

I'm so chuffed that Swansea have beaten Wolves! Some say a cup run is the last thing we need but stuff that, it's the FA cup! It also means I get to go to another away game at Notts County now
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member

Very enjoyable trip to the north at the weekend. There was not a bad goal at all, including Huddersfield's. West Ham play so much better when we have Noble playing and help keep the tempo and break up play. A goal was a just reward for his performances recently. Not sure what Marko Arnautović is putting on his cornflakes before matches but long may it continue! He has been unplayable at times recently.

Shrewsbury Town in the replay tonight at the Lego Stadium, can't bring myself to go to this or Bournemouth at home Saturday. The ground just isn't home and even after a season and half it still isn't beginning to start to feel like it could be our home. Think apart from one or two more matches this season I'm not going to be going to home matches, much rather sell them match to match to friends and continue on the away days. The atmosphere is better away and this season more than most you know that the person standing next to you wants to be there and is a real West Ham supporter. You can't guarantee that in Stratford.

That was a brilliant match between Liverpool and Man City, I don't really like Klopp but his post match interview was also brilliant!
    Thank god you didn't. Absolute drab from what I heard/saw. The move to Stratford has been so bad for WHU. Even on matchday, it doesn't feel like a Hammers game. Saying that, it is a nice stadium.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I'm so chuffed that Swansea have beaten Wolves! Some say a cup run is the last thing we need but stuff that, it's the FA cup! It also means I get to go to another away game at Notts County now
    Have em! The magic of the cup lives on. I hope Coventry beat MK Dons and hopefully get another fun home game

Extraordinary Member

I'm assuming those Man United supporters have been in Manchester approximately twice in their lifetimes like most of them just reminds me of a plastic Liverpool supporter I used to work with. Trying to rub in the fact that they always beat us at Anfield. I asked when he last went and he had never been. Following West Ham away I'd been to Anfield 8/9 times, he wondered why I didn't really take his comments seriously.
    Probably just the once! They are all from Coventry aha. To be fair though, they have been to about four games and they are all female which makes it more impressive as they don't go with their family.

I've never been to an away game and doubt I would. The grounds I've been to are;

Old Trafford as part of a school trip
    Brisbane road, but I'm sure the name has changed
    Wembley for Spurs
    Ricoh arena
    London Stadium (to see para-athletics last summer)

Just gona post this here for John...

Liverpool were stunned by bottom club Swansea City as Alfie Mawson's first-half finish condemned Jurgen Klopp's side to a first defeat in 19 league and cup games.

Woohoo!!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"