Page 57 of 146 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast

Got my tickets for Notts County v Swansea in the post yesterday. Really looking forward to this one as it's a stadium I've not been to before.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

How does everyone feel their team did in the transfer window?

I was hoping Swansea would sign a full back or 2 and a proper winger, but signing Ayew again and King from Leicester isn't too bad. If Ayew can get back the form and the performances he delivered when he was with Swansea the first time round, I'll be happy. King could turn out to be a useful squad player seeing as Sanches is "injured" a fair bit. I really wish we'd signed a right back though.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    How does everyone feel their team did in the transfer window?

I was hoping Swansea would sign a full back or 2 and a proper winger, but signing Ayew again and King from Leicester isn't too bad. If Ayew can get back the form and the performances he delivered when he was with Swansea the first time round, I'll be happy. King could turn out to be a useful squad player seeing as Sanches is "injured" a fair bit. I really wish we'd signed a right back though.
    He was hitting a reasonably good patch for us (West Ham) and was on paper our best striker along with Sakho (sold too).

We desperately needed bodies to shore up an injury plagued team. We got in Mario who so far hasn't looked too bad and we only saw Hughill as a cameo on Saturday so I am still hopeful there.

The racism issue with that prat of a Director of Transfers as well as the lies from the board about investing whilst selling the silverware are huge issues though. The anti-board sentiments have been building for a long time since we left for the hellhole in Stratford and it's hitting a crescendo now. The majority at Brighton were singing against them, there were several flags, we are marching against them on 10th March. This is getting publicity in the media through TalkSport interviews as well as the tabloids (articles in The Sun, right next to Brady's column ).

We need them gone and real investment, we are in danger of going down this season. The players recently don't seem to have their hearts in it and I can't blame them. My club is dying and it hurts.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Good win at Porto last night, and Liverpool are going to be in the Champions League places come my Birthday on Monday so I'm pretty pleased with how they're doing at the minute. Now that work has slowed down I can actually post here more often LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Just gona post this here for John...

Liverpool were stunned by bottom club Swansea City as Alfie Mawson's first-half finish condemned Jurgen Klopp's side to a first defeat in 19 league and cup games.

Woohoo!!
    More like BOOOOOOO! Nah your team played well that day, hell they've been playing well since your new manager took charge (can't remember how to spell his name LOL) But January was a hit-and-miss month for Liverpool, at least Liverpool won their last game before my birthday and are in the top four for my birthday. Just a shame we're not still in the F.A. Cup but never mind I guess. Doesn't hurt having Salah on 30 and Firmino on over 20 goals.

Though I do have to tease John Aldridge - according to him we don't have a 20-goal a season striker. Yeah John we don't...We've got TWO LOL. And Mane got a hat-trick last night, not sure how many he has this season but I know he's doing well in the Champions League.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    More like BOOOOOOO! Nah your team played well that day, hell they've been playing well since your new manager took charge (can't remember how to spell his name LOL) But January was a hit-and-miss month for Liverpool, at least Liverpool won their last game before my birthday and are in the top four for my birthday. Just a shame we're not still in the F.A. Cup but never mind I guess. Doesn't hurt having Salah on 30 and Firmino on over 20 goals.

Though I do have to tease John Aldridge - according to him we don't have a 20-goal a season striker. Yeah John we don't...We've got TWO LOL. And Mane got a hat-trick last night, not sure how many he has this season but I know he's doing well in the Champions League.
    Hello John, long time no see. Hope you and your family are well.

I actually watched the Real Madrid-Paris St. Germain match last night and only caught the Liverpool goals later. They weren't pleasant to watch

Yeah we're doing well thanks WillieMorgan, hope you and yours are doing well too it's just been hectic at work recently, including a lot of travelling which included a trip to the Etihad and Old Trafford.

Real Madrid or Liverpool weren't pleasant to watch? (You weren't exactly clear on that LOL)

Yeah we're doing well thanks WillieMorgan, hope you and yours are doing well too it's just been hectic at work recently, including a lot of travelling which included a trip to the Etihad and Old Trafford.

Real Madrid or Liverpool weren't pleasant to watch? (You weren't exactly clear on that LOL)
    Heh. I suppose that neither were pleasant to watch. The 3-1 score-line flattered Madrid somewhat, but I actually meant that it wasn't pleasing to the eye to watch an experienced Porto team succumb so badly to Liverpool. I was just being facetious really.

Loads of Europa League matches on tonight. I've been watching Borussia Dortmund (a club I've always admired from a distance) playing Atalanta at the moment. 1-0 to Dortmund so far.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Heh. I suppose that neither were pleasant to watch. The 3-1 score-line flattered Madrid somewhat, but I actually meant that it wasn't pleasing to the eye to watch an experienced Porto team succumb so badly to Liverpool. I was just being facetious really.

Loads of Europa League matches on tonight. I've been watching Borussia Dortmund (a club I've always admired from a distance) playing Atalanta at the moment. 1-0 to Dortmund so far.
    Heh, well I thought you wouldn't have liked Liverpool winning 5-0 LOL. I, of course, won't complain since it was the last Liverpool game before my Birthday so it was a nice present. As for Dortmund, good to hear they're winning 1-0 as I don't mind them myself.

Heh, well I thought you wouldn't have liked Liverpool winning 5-0 LOL. I, of course, won't complain since it was the last Liverpool game before my Birthday so it was a nice present. As for Dortmund, good to hear they're winning 1-0 as I don't mind them myself.
    It's your birthday coming up? Many happy returns to you! Have a good one.

As it's your birthday I shant make any comments along the lines of 'It's the FA Cup at weekend, who have Liverpool got?'. That wouldn't be nice

United are away at Huddersfield, a venue they lost at earlier this season. Something that the Huddersfield-supporting landlord of my local pub JUST HASN'T SHUT UP ABOUT ever since.

Yeah it's on Monday, going to see Black Panther for it. (Hopefully it'll be good LOL)

Well, hopefully Huddersfield will do it again which will be a nice present for me at the weekend Benitez did give me a nice early present with Newcastle beating your lot last week (though, ironically I lost the bet because of that LOL).

Seriously though, what do you make of the transfer of Sanchez? Do you like the signing? And how do you feel about Mkhitaryan going the other way?

Yeah it's on Monday, going to see Black Panther for it. (Hopefully it'll be good LOL)

Well, hopefully Huddersfield will do it again which will be a nice present for me at the weekend Benitez did give me a nice early present with Newcastle beating your lot last week (though, ironically I lost the bet because of that LOL).

Seriously though, what do you make of the transfer of Sanchez? Do you like the signing? And how do you feel about Mkhitaryan going the other way?
    Well, have a good time. Black Panther looks absolutely ace!

It's been a weird season as far as United are concerned. If you'd have told me that they'd be second in the league as of right now last summer then I'd have bitten your hand off. At no point this season have I had the conviction that they could have won the title. It's a decent United team at present but not that good. They currently exist in a kind of Champions League placed limbo. Securely placed in the top four but WAY off the Premier League title. It makes defeats seem less important as they aren't too damaging. I can't get too worked up when they lose, like last weekend even though that performance was pathetic really, because it feels like there's nothing lost or gained by each individual game.

The Sanchez transfer was ridiculously expensive but what isn't these days? Didn't like seeing Mkhitaryan leave though. He'd become a bit of a favourite of mine. Apparently Arsenal are on the telly right now also. They were 0-2 up away at Ostersunds at half time.

Sometimes these Thursday night Europa League matches are surprisingly enjoyable. The Dortmund-Atalanta game certainly qualifies as one of those. Currently 2-2 and a really good display of football all round.

Dortmund scored a winner in injury time to see that tie out 3-2. Belting game.

I'm actually going to the match tomorrow (Huddersfield Town v. United). The landlord of my local pub sorted one out for me. Nice one.

Saw the scores last night, good win for Dortmund hopefully they can finish the job in Atalanta. Good result for Celtic as well last night. Arsenal had a nice comfortable away win, they should see it out at the Emirates in the second leg. I don't mind the Europa League myself as I can just relax and enjoy the results without worrying about the impact on Liverpool LOL. Always nice when you can be a neutral in a competition.

As for Sanchez, yeah it was an expensive deal and if I were a United fan I'd have been disappointed to see Mkhitaryan go personally as I thought he was a very important player in winning you your double last season but for whatever reason he and Mourinho never seemed to get along.

Hope you enjoy the game tomorrow WillieMorgan (though obviously I have my preference in who the winner will be LOL) Ah well, at least I can just relax and enjoy the football this weekend, helps that my wife is on duty this weekend so she can't moan at me for watching the football LOL.

Also, it's 12 goals for Mane now, I discovered that today LOL I wasn't sure how many he had. Still 63 goals between the three musketeers is pretty awesome.

BANNED

I believe John Oliver called Liverpools advance "a five line poem"

it is amazing to have a fearsome front line that can score a variety of goals