Page 58 of 146 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast

I'm off to Hillsborough tomorrow for Sheff Wed v Swansea. I hate early kick offs though.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I don't mind the Europa League myself as I can just relax and enjoy the results without worrying about the impact on Liverpool LOL. Always nice when you can be a neutral in a competition.
    Yeah, that's a real bonus sometimes. That's why I enjoy tuning in to different football leagues across the world. The vast majority of the time I'm a complete neutral and can appreciate the games better.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I'm off to Hillsborough tomorrow for Sheff Wed v Swansea. I hate early kick offs though.
    Carlos Carvalhal almost immediately pits his wits against his former employers. Sometimes you just can't make this stuff up.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

With Liverpool not being in action this weekend I was pretty neutral this weekend, only result I was really bothered about was Tranmere and they won 1-0 so my mate will be pleased at least until Tuesday when they have the big game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I believe John Oliver called Liverpools advance "a five line poem"

it is amazing to have a fearsome front line that can score a variety of goals
    Never heard of John Oliver but I guess the ''a five line poem'' thing is cool? But yeah it's always fun when your team are scary going forward, it'll make watching the season review dvd fun

Wasn't even worth it in terms of goals either LOL. Still, at least your still in the F.A. Cup which is more than Liverpool can say.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Yeah, that's a real bonus sometimes. That's why I enjoy tuning in to different football leagues across the world. The vast majority of the time I'm a complete neutral and can appreciate the games better.

Carlos Carvalhal almost immediately pits his wits against his former employers. Sometimes you just can't make this stuff up.
    Don't really get a chance to tune into the different leagues, mostly because my wife just about tolerates me watching Liverpool and I don't want to push my luck LOL. The few times I do watch them though it is fun. Also, now I know how to spell Carvalhal's name thanks to your post LOL.

Great day out yesterday. A classic away-day if you like.

Three of us travelled over to Yorkshire and set off around lunchtime. My local pub landlord is a Huddersfield lad so he took us to a remote countryside pub for a few drinks earlier in the afternoon (He wasn't drinking obviously ).

Nice ground. Good atmosphere from both sets of fans and a good result. That's another away ground to add to my personal tally as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Great day out yesterday. A classic away-day if you like.

Three of us travelled over to Yorkshire and set off around lunchtime. My local pub landlord is a Huddersfield lad so he took us to a remote countryside pub for a few drinks earlier in the afternoon (He wasn't drinking obviously ).

Nice ground. Good atmosphere from both sets of fans and a good result. That's another away ground to add to my personal tally as well.
    Even though United won, I'm glad you had a good time WillieMorgan

Even though United won, I'm glad you had a good time WillieMorgan
    Thanks John.

I watched a Scottish Premier League match this afternoon. Hamilton Academicals v. Rangers. It was a pretty good game, there were goals aplenty and Rangers won 5-3.

Thing is, Hamilton Accies had a main shirt sponsor that borrowed heavily from the design of Superman's crest. I can't believe that WB's draconian legal department haven't clamped down on it yet. They must be unaware of it.

Well I was frustrated with the result yesterday but the match was relatively entertaining. It was nice to finally visit Hillsborough. The atmosphere felt strange there though. Can't quite put my finger on why. Anyway, this was my view...

Well I was frustrated with the result yesterday but the match was relatively entertaining. It was nice to finally visit Hillsborough. The atmosphere felt strange there though. Can't quite put my finger on why. Anyway, this was my view...

1989 perhaps? Nah that's just the Liverpool fan in me talking, can't really comment on the atmosphere at modern day Hillsborough. Probably more to do with the fact their team isn't doing as well as they had done in the previous two seasons. At least you can add that stadium to your list Fluffy

1989 perhaps? Nah that's just the Liverpool fan in me talking, can't really comment on the atmosphere at modern day Hillsborough. Probably more to do with the fact their team isn't doing as well as they had done in the previous two seasons. At least you can add that stadium to your list Fluffy
    There is a Sheffield Wednesday supporting family in my local pub. After two seasons of growth under Carlos Carvalhal that saw the club reach the Championship play-offs two years in a row but fail to get promoted, this season has seen the club move backwards at a rather alarming rate. Carvalhal has left the club and they are well off the pace in the league. There is a feeling amongst the fans that they've blown their chance for promotion. That the moments passed and they've missed a golden opportunity to get the club back into the Premiership. It's not helped that Sheffield United got promoted into the Championship last season, have shown better form this year and are considerably higher in the table.

If a Sheffield club manages to make the play-offs again this year then it will probably be Sheffield United. That could help to explain the decline in atmosphere.

That is the Leppings Lane end that FluffySheep has taken the picture from though.
    Last edited by WillieMorgan; 02-19-2018 at 03:08 PM.

It was a bit eerie being in THAT stand but I still can't put my finger on why it felt strange in there. The roof seemed very high, we were quite far back from the pitch but the stadium still felt big, but there was virtually no noise from the Sheff Wed fans. The Swansea fans weren't as vocal as they were at Notts County either though. Just a bit of a weird experience. I'm glad I've been there now though. I spoke with a lot of good fans on the trains and on the trams. Was chatting with an Arsenal fan who had just got back from Ostersunds for the Europa league game. Spoke with a guy who had flown over from Northern Ireland to watch the Sheff Wed v Swansea game and he wasn't even a fan of either team. He just loved football. Fair play to him!

It was a bit eerie being in THAT stand but I still can't put my finger on why it felt strange in there. The roof seemed very high, we were quite far back from the pitch but the stadium still felt big, but there was virtually no noise from the Sheff Wed fans. The Swansea fans weren't as vocal as they were at Notts County either though. Just a bit of a weird experience. I'm glad I've been there now though. I spoke with a lot of good fans on the trains and on the trams. Was chatting with an Arsenal fan who had just got back from Ostersunds for the Europa league game. Spoke with a guy who had flown over from Northern Ireland to watch the Sheff Wed v Swansea game and he wasn't even a fan of either team. He just loved football. Fair play to him!
    I believe they don't like to open the lower tier to away fans if it's at all possible. For obvious reasons.

I remember talking to some middle-aged Burnley fans about Hillsborough. Burnley reached the 1974 FA Cup semi-final where they played Newcastle United (who were in turn beaten by Liverpool in the final). Burnley fans filled the Leppings Lane end that day and they were dangerously packed in like sardines then also. The Hillsborough disaster was a tragedy long in the making and could potentially have happened years ealier.

BANNED

Wigan up 1-0 on City late

Glad to hear you had a good day out at least in terms of speaking with other fans of different clubs at least.

Oh, and great result for Wigan last night. Always nice to see an underdog win (at least when it's a match you can be neutral about).

Decent result for Chelsea last night against Barcelona, I'm sure their fans are disappointed about conceding the goal but I think at least some of them would've taken a draw for the first leg. My mate Len was super gutted today as Tranmere lost their big game 4-1, to say he wasn't pleased about it would be an understatement LOL. Still, more Champions League games tonight.

Anyone watching the games tonight?