Page 6 of 146 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    With respect though, the MLS is still seen largely as a retirement home for the ''top-class'' players so to speak. Still, having said that the MLS is a lot more entertaining to watch than the SPL as at least there's genuine competition for the league trophy in America than there is in Scotland.
    the MLS is working to change that reputation, its not going to happen overnight, but I hope it can be seen less and less as a retirement home and maybe a place where top class players go with a couple prime years left

my local NASL team is playing tonight, so Ill be going to watch that

support your local futbol team, lads

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Fingers crossed as far as the MLS is concerned. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE for MLS to be taken seriously as a league but at the moment it's not taken seriously, well not by the people I speak to on a daily basis about football anyway. I would love to see the MLS get seen as a ''must-watch'' league.

I agree though that the perception isn't going to change over-night. And, as I said earlier, at least there seems to be genuine competition in the league in America.

Good luck to your NASL team, and I second what you say about supporting your local team. I'm glad to say my local is Liverpool so I am supporting my local club

BANNED

Fingers crossed as far as the MLS is concerned. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE for MLS to be taken seriously as a league but at the moment it's not taken seriously, well not by the people I speak to on a daily basis about football anyway. I would love to see the MLS get seen as a ''must-watch'' league.

I agree though that the perception isn't going to change over-night. And, as I said earlier, at least there seems to be genuine competition in the league in America.

Good luck to your NASL team, and I second what you say about supporting your local team. I'm glad to say my local is Liverpool so I am supporting my local club
    our LFC Supporters Club just got made official during last season, so im right there with you

LFC New Haven, if you're ever over this way

So both Tsunaldo and Missi are tax evaders. Not very good role models!
    BB

BANNED

also MLS has only been around since 1996ish

doing ok for a league that is less than 40 years old

Well, to be fair it's not like I said it was the worst league in the world, because at least it's competitive in terms of who wins the league (at least that's what it looks like to me). As for New Haven, if I'm ever in the area I'll check it out.

There's a Confederations Cup thing going on apparently at the moment, anyone's Country involved in that?

BANNED

so my local NPSL (correction from earlier) won their match last night, won big too

5-0 against a team from Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    so my local NPSL (correction from earlier) won their match last night, won big too

5-0 against a team from Massachusetts
    So it was a close game then? Congrats on your local NPSL team winning though.

BANNED

the team is 5-1-1 and that was the first "blowout" win of the season for them

all their other games have been 2-1, 1-0 type affairs

It's ok I was just teasing that particular game, I wasn't saying anything bad about the rest of the games. If anything, I was teasing Massachusetts for getting battered LOL.

BANNED

its cool

it is really nice to have a local squad to support, especially with not a lot going on this summer

Especially when they win which makes it even better.

Only real gossip I've heard is that apparently Real Sociedad want Januzaj, Caballero is rumoured to be going to Newcastle or Chelsea. Spurs are interested in Joshua King from Bournemouth. And of course we're meant to be close to signing Salah. Everton are meant to be getting closer to signing Sigurdsson from Swansea.

But nothing confirmed as far as I'm aware LOL.

Everton are meant to be getting closer to signing Sigurdsson from Swansea.
    Watch us sell him and not replace him with someone decent, just like last summer when we sold Williams, Ayew etc.

Swansea have also messed up the release of the new kit as well. They've decided to announce/reveal it the THE DAY AFTER FATHER'S DAY! Nice one. Think of how many they would've sold as presents if they'd released it last week.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

The Father's Day thing is definitely a case of bad-timing at least in terms of that. As for whether you don't replace Sigurdsson IF/when he goes to Everton, I guess we'll just have to wait and see on that one.