Page 61 of 146 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Considering Spurs only got a point at Anfield because they cheated I'd be rooting for Swansea if they had to face Spurs LOL. Either way, good luck to your team Fluffy, in all seriousness I'm pretty neutral in regards to your tie though.
    Heh. I knew the second that FluffySheep made that last post about Spurs' lucky breaks that you'd have something to say about their recent gamesmanship John !

I remember the 1996 final well. Those white suits, my sister (a Liverpool fan, don't ask me how that happened) gutted after the final whistle, how crap the actual game was.

Rochdale are genuinely one of those smaller, but very well run, community clubs that struggle to get noticed amidst far bigger names. Their staff are friendly, the food and beer is good, great local pubs and a cracking chippy next to one of the stands. One of my exes' was a Bury fan and we'd go to their 'big local derby' at Spotland every year. Good memories. Good luck tonight Rochdale.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Well, they were diving so much WillieMorgan that I thought I was watching the Olympics again

Was a poor match in 1996 which made it even more disappointing for me, bad enough losing to your lot but to not even do ourselves justice? Ugghh...You can imagine how gutting it was for 12 year old me LOL. As for those white suits...well, I think some of them needed those suits where they should've gone afterwards

Yeah, good luck to Rochdale. Hope they do themselves justice if nothing else. Who knows? Maybe I'll end up there one day for work purposes.

Was a poor match in 1996 which made it even more disappointing for me, bad enough losing to your lot but to not even do ourselves justice? Ugghh...You can imagine how gutting it was for 12 year old me LOL. As for those white suits...well, I think some of them needed those suits where they should've gone afterwards .
    What you mean like the North Pole or somewhere like that? Or even my backstreet at the moment ??

So you were 12 in 1996. I was 21, just turning 22 in October of that year. You must recall winning the League Cup the year before though right? United winning the 1985 FA Cup is my earliest football memory.

Nah I was talking about the Asylum

Yep, I recall the previous season. Back then my posts regarding United wouldn't have been so..''polite'', assuming I spoke at all that is LOL. I was naturally pleased about how 1995 ended up for your team and of course I got all excited when watching the ''Coca Cola'' Cup live with my Dad in the living room as it was back in the days of when ITV had it (I think it was ITV...might've been BBC) either way I was super excited when McManaman made it two and of course got super nervous when Bolton pulled one back. I remember watching the F.A Cup final in 1995 as well. Southall was my hero that day as you can imagine.

My earliest football memory was in September 1992. So I'd missed out on watching the 1992 F.A Cup final. Not a good first season as a fan LOL.
    Last edited by John Ossie; 02-28-2018 at 09:33 AM.

Nah I was talking about the Asylum

Yep, I recall the previous season. Back then my posts regarding United wouldn't have been so..''polite'' LOL. But yeah I remember I would've been gloating about how your year ended up and of course I got all excited when watching the ''Coca Cola'' Cup live with my Dad in the living room as it was back in the days of when ITV had it (I think it was ITV...might've been BBC) either way I was super excited when McManaman made it two and of course got super nervous when Bolton pulled one back. I remember watching the F.A Cup final in 1995 as well. Southall was my hero that day as you can imagine.

My earliest football memory was in September 1992. So I'd missed out on watching the 1992 F.A Cup final. Not a good first season as a fan LOL.
    Yeah, back in the day, when I was a more militant football fan, my interactions with fans of other clubs would have been a lot more fractious. Especially to Liverpool, who I certainly regard as United's chief rivals. There's no point in dredging up animosity on a site like CBR though.

I can name another young Scouse lad that was over the moon on that day in 1995. A young Everton fan by the name of Steven Gerrard. Oddly enough, despite losing the League and FA Cup in the space of a week, that summer was quite a happy time for me. I'd just got together with a blonde girlfriend whom I'd been after for quite a while .

Agreed. Besides, we're both adults now so it'd be silly to be hostile to each other over football teams IMO.

Nice that you had a nice (I'm assuming she was nice) girlfriend at the time to help you ''get over'' missing out on trophies.

Gerrard wasn't the only young Everttonian who would've been pleased that day - Carragher and Judas were both Toffees themselves. As was Fowler and McManaman once upon a time.

Agreed. Besides, we're both adults now so it'd be silly to be hostile to each other over football teams IMO.

Nice that you had a nice (I'm assuming she was nice) girlfriend at the time to help you ''get over'' missing out on trophies.

Gerrard wasn't the only young Everttonian who would've been pleased that day - Carragher and Judas were both Toffees themselves. As was Fowler and McManaman once upon a time.
    Yeah, she was/is lovely. One of the best looking girls I've been in a relationship with. She lives in London now but still stays in touch with my sister on social media and says hi to me via that. We both have fond memories of each other.

Judas? Who are we talking about there?

Speaking of that 1996 FA Cup Final, you know who else sat in front of the TV that day, gutted as his team had just lost? A Norwegian lad called Ole Gunner Solskjaer. True, that.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Yeah, she was/is lovely. One of the best looking girls I've been in a relationship with. She lives in London now but still stays in touch with my sister on social media and says hi to me via that. We both have fond memories of each other.

Judas? Who are we talking about there?

Speaking of that 1996 FA Cup Final, you know who else sat in front of the TV that day, gutted as his team had just lost? A Norwegian lad called Ole Gunner Solskjaer. True, that.
    Judas is what Michael Owen is referred to as nowadays in the Red half of Merseyside, I think you can guess why

Solskjaer was a Liverpool fan? Or did I misinterpret your post? I actually didn't mind him (once you take the rivalry to one-side that is) as a poacher type striker.

Judas is what Michael Owen is referred to as nowadays in the Red half of Merseyside, I think you can guess why

Solskjaer was a Liverpool fan? Or did I misinterpret your post? I actually didn't mind him (once you take the rivalry to one-side that is) as a poacher type striker.
    Oh, Michael Owen right. He was never a dyed-in-the-wool Scouser though was he? I thought he hailed from Cheshire. For a while there I wondered whether you meant Wayne Rooney when you said Judas. I just couldn't figure out why you'd personally call him that when you're not an Evertonian yourself. Now I know.

Yep, Ole Solskjaer was a Liverpool fan that FA Cup Final day. A few of his United supporting mates tried to call him on the phone after the final whistle to gloat but he wouldn't answer the phone, just sat there in misery. A couple of months later he was a United player and on his journey to becoming a legend. He's 100% United nowadays. I've met him a couple of times at Old Trafford.

He did hail from Cheshire that's true but he was brought up from the Academy and well, he committed the ultimate sin by joining Man Utd LOL. As for Rooney, maybe if I was an Evertonian I might've called him that but even then I don't think Evertonians mind players joining United, I think they'd have called him Judas had he signed for Liverpool rather than United.

I did not know that the Baby-faced Assassin was a Liverpool fan, guess I was too busy hoping he'd have a stinker everytime he played for your team to look him up LOL. He had good taste in who he supported as a kid at least I've never met him but he always came across as a nice lad so judging by that impression I have off him I assume he was nice to you?

Well, Rochdale's adventure in the F.A Cup is officially over. On the plus side a youngster got his first goal for Spurs, I didn't get to see the game but I gather Walker-Peters did well when he came on (he was the youngster who scored).

P.S According to one of the people I was speaking with today inbetween the meetings I had, Iraq played Saudi Arabia in a friendly last night and won 4-1. So if there's any Iraqis on the forum or anyone who knows any Iraqis then they had a good game last night by the sounds of it.
    Last edited by John Ossie; 03-01-2018 at 08:25 AM.

Well, Rochdale's adventure in the F.A Cup is officially over. On the plus side a youngster got his first goal for Spurs, I didn't get to see the game but I gather Walker-Peters did well when he came on (he was the youngster who scored).
    Yeah, ultimately Spurs were just too strong. God, they didn't half whinge at the referee a lot though. It was a hard night for the Rochdale players. The weather was awful and I'm sure that they weren't used to covering ground on such a big pitch. They've done it though, played at the national stadium. The players can never have that taken away from them now.

Yeah, ultimately Spurs were just too strong. God, they didn't half whinge at the referee a lot though. It was a hard night for the Rochdale players. The weather was awful and I'm sure that they weren't used to covering ground on such a big pitch. They've done it though, played at the national stadium. The players can never have that taken away from them now.
    Yeah, Spurs whinging a lot seem to be becoming more and more of a vocal point of their gameplan unfortunately. I use to enjoy watching them when I was able to be a neutral in their games but now they're turning into divas. As for Rochdale, yeah they did well to get as far as they did and they did get to the National Stadium. Just unfortunate for them that it looks like they'll be going down this season as I had a quick glance of the table earlier, it doesn't look good for them.

One more day in Nottingham tomorrow then hopefully I'll be able to get home nice and early on Saturday.

I've never met him but he always came across as a nice lad so judging by that impression I have off him I assume he was nice to you?
    Yeah, he was a perfect gentleman. He won't actually cop to being a Liverpool fan earlier on in life though. He just smiles enigmatically when he gets asked that question and deflects it .

Yeah, he was a perfect gentleman. He won't actually cop to being a Liverpool fan earlier on in life though. He just smiles enigmatically when he gets asked that question and deflects it .
    LOL I don't blame him to be fair considering how...''tribal'' football fans can be over football. Nice to hear he IS a nice lad though.