Page 62 of 146 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Yeah, Spurs whinging a lot seem to be becoming more and more of a vocal point of their gameplan unfortunately. I use to enjoy watching them when I was able to be a neutral in their games but now they're turning into divas. As for Rochdale, yeah they did well to get as far as they did and they did get to the National Stadium. Just unfortunate for them that it looks like they'll be going down this season as I had a quick glance of the table earlier, it doesn't look good for them.

One more day in Nottingham tomorrow then hopefully I'll be able to get home nice and early on Saturday.
    Yeah, Spurs do seem to be developing a bit of a 'diva' mentality. Shame really, their football is good enough to just let that do the talking instead. Some of their dummy-spitting was a bit unbearable last night, especially considering they were playing lower league opposition. I kept thinking 'You've got this game totally under control, there's no question you're gonna run out comfortable winners here. Do you really need to start waving imaginary cards around and the like? You're playing Rochdale for heavens sake!'.

Does that make sense? Be very careful travelling home John. The weather is absolutely mental. I've been out and about today in some of the most insane winter storms I've ever experienced.
    Last edited by WillieMorgan; 03-01-2018 at 12:28 PM.

LOL I don't blame him to be fair considering how...''tribal'' football fans can be over football. Nice to hear he IS a nice lad though.
    Just one more thing on Ole. I was reminded of a nickname that the Liverpool fans used to have for him. Some of them called him 'the evil pixie' back in the day. I have to admit I found that quite amusing

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

It does make sense WillieMorgan. Frankly I've lost a lot of respect for them recently, now when I watch them it's like ''grow the **** up and play the game how it should be played''.

Yeah, the wind is howling like mad outside of the BnB I'm staying in right now, doesn't help that the window is clearly not fitted in properly and there's a big draft coming in (thanks to my company forgetting to book the Premier Inn, I'm now having to pay for the accommodation even though they're supposed to pay for that! LOL it's alright I can claim it on my expenses like I do for travel).

According to my wife the weather spooked Bertie big time last night and she had to let him sleep in the bed with her.

Ah well, Arsenal play Man City again tonight, this time in the Premier League game. Do you fancy Arsenal's chances? (I know you'll want them to win in order for your team to have any chance of catching City for the title). I'm going for 2-1 to City personally as I feel Arsenal will perform better but still lose at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Just one more thing on Ole. I was reminded of a nickname that the Liverpool fans used to have for him. Some of them called him 'the evil pixie' back in the day. I have to admit I found that quite amusing
    LMAO. That was one of the things I used to shout at him at Anfield as well he overheard me once at the end of a game and he actually took off his shirt and handed it over to me, course I threw it away in disgust but he just laughed his ass off and went off the pitch laughing about it with Gary Neville, and I remember Fowler being so amused because he was close by that he signed my hat that I was wearing that day.

Looking back on it that was a funny moment.

In case you're interested, you'd just beaten us 3-2 at Anfield, Carragher had just scored 2 own goals as well.

It does make sense WillieMorgan. Frankly I've lost a lot of respect for them recently, now when I watch them it's like ''grow the **** up and play the game how it should be played''.

Yeah, the wind is howling like mad outside of the BnB I'm staying in right now, doesn't help that the window is clearly not fitted in properly and there's a big draft coming in (thanks to my company forgetting to book the Premier Inn, I'm now having to pay for the accommodation even though they're supposed to pay for that! LOL it's alright I can claim it on my expenses like I do for travel).

According to my wife the weather spooked Bertie big time last night and she had to let him sleep in the bed with her.

Ah well, Arsenal play Man City again tonight, this time in the Premier League game. Do you fancy Arsenal's chances? (I know you'll want them to win in order for your team to have any chance of catching City for the title). I'm going for 2-1 to City personally as I feel Arsenal will perform better but still lose at the end.
    Yeah, this is SERIOUS winter weather. There have been red 'potential danger to life' weather warnings up in Scotland today. As in 'seriously, don't even leave the house unless you really have to!' levels of warning.

It's not much better here. I bet you loads of games get called off this weekend. I did wonder about the Arsenal/City game. I can't see Arsenal getting anything out of that. The only advantage that I can see them gaining is if city take their foot off the gas as the result won't matter to them one way or the other. Win, lose or draw they are still in a commanding position. I'm not actually bothered about the result. I've not thought United were capable of winning the title at all this year. They're not a bad team but not good enough to win the League (or the Champions League come to that). I'll agree with you on 1-2 to city.

Unfortunately I have to go meet with the Nottingham Council tomorrow to discuss the issues I'm here to discuss so I have to go out in it. Hopefully the weather will ease up slightly tomorrow (he says optimistically LOL).

As for Arsenal and City, we don't have long to find out since they'll be playing right now.

Well, WillieMorgan and I were right about who'd win, we were right about there being three goals but we gave Arsenal too much credit as they lost 3-0 again LOL.

On the plus side, the women's England team beat the French women's team for only the second time in 44 years last night by 4-1.

Well, WillieMorgan and I were right about who'd win, we were right about there being three goals but we gave Arsenal too much credit as they lost 3-0 again LOL.

On the plus side, the women's England team beat the French women's team for only the second time in 44 years last night by 4-1.
    Heh. Yeah, we gave Arsenal just a little bit too much credit there by predicting a closer result than last weekend didn't we? Another poor performance by them and a walkover for the opposition.

I bet there was a lot of anger and soul searching going on last night as the thousands of fans piled out of the stadium. And on radio phone-ins and the like.

I haven't seen the goals but apparently the City goals were lovely goals to watch from a neutral's point of view? I do know there were apparently quite a few empty seats at the Emirates and yeah, I can just imagine the phone-ins.

Last night in Nottingham than I'm home tomorrow Woohoo! Today started off frustratingly but ended on a positive note at least so I guess it was worth it LOL.

'The Beast From The East' plays havoc with the fixture list this weekend.

Six Championship games off, plus the majority of Leagues 1 and 2. Apart from the Scottish Cup quarter-finals, all games in Scotland are off also.

That's a lot of fans left twiddling their thumbs this weekend.

Crackin' result for the Swans today! I'm well chuffed. It makes it even better knowing Stoke and Southampton drew, West Brom lost and Huddersfield lost. I could really do with Liverpool hammering Newcastle later as well.

Edit: Just read this on the BBC site and had to post it...

Liverpool are the form team in the Premier League with 22 points from the past nine games.

Jurgen Klopp's side have lost just once in 19 league games - a defeat by Swansea in January.

hehe
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Great day to be a Swans fan. Stoke and Southampton held each other to a draw, Huddersfield, West Brom and Newcastle (you're welcome Fluffy ) lost. And of course, Swansea battered West Ham 4-1.

Heh, you might've beaten us Fluffy, but we still did you a favour today against Newcastle Routine 2-0 win against a team that basically was just playing damage limitation from the beginning. Newcastle defended well but I don't see anything going forward from them in the games I've seen. Anyhow, another goal from the King of Egypt and another goal for the Mane man for his side as Fifa likes to call him whenever he scores LOL. Another clean-sheet is always nice, nice to see us keeping more clean sheets since the arrival of Van Dijk, he has helped us big time with his organisational skills which is something we'd lacked for a while.

Also, on a sidenote, Karius is starting to look half-decent now. Good save today. Nice way to be welcomed back home after getting back at 10.35 this morning LOL.

To be fair, when we beat you in January, it was a miracle. How you didn't put 3 or 4 past us that day I'll never know. Thanks for beating Newcastle this evening! To complete the weekend, I need Arsenal to beat Brighton tomorrow and United to beat Palace on Monday. That'll do us nicely!

Wow. What is going on at Arsenal!? 8 defeats in 2018 already. I didn't see the game but fair play to Brighton (as much as I was desperate for them to lose).

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Wow. What is going on at Arsenal!? 8 defeats in 2018 already. I didn't see the game but fair play to Brighton (as much as I was desperate for them to lose).
    Brighton played really well. To be honest, I don't think that Brighton's results will be instrumental in Swansea staying in the Premier League one way or the other. It's the fate of the bottom six teams that will decide that.

As for Arsenal, there are no leaders on the pitch. And they concede far too many easy goals. It will be an uphill task for them to qualify even for the Europa League the way they are going.